• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Tirod

Nicely done, Kinsei!

I've got to wait until Midnight Pacific to go through the rest of the quests sadly. I refuse to use jewels on AP.

Was the boss difficult enough that you needed healing or Defense Boost, or could you burst it down well?

Kinsei

Banned
Nicely done, Kinsei!

I've got to wait until Midnight Pacific to go through the rest of the quests sadly. I refuse to use jewels on AP.

Was the boss difficult enough that you needed healing or Defense Boost, or could you burst it down well?

I just went all out with my medals and it went down in a few turns (I only have a couple good speed medals and it's a magic boss). So long as you don't use any medals that will lower your defense (like CoM Black Coat Riku) you should be fine.

Zebei

I just went all out with my medals and it went down in a few turns (I only have a couple good speed medals and it's a magic boss). So long as you don't use any medals that will lower your defense (like CoM Black Coat Riku) you should be fine.
Ooooof course our first boss is the one type i have a terrible team of.

Good thing I JUST got that guilted Rikku >_>

Primus

I'm saving until I know what's in the next batch. I have this feeling that if I don't, some crazy medal will be in there.

If we go by release order, the next batch will have Roxas (our first premium medal), and Namine, who's not premium but a required medal for forthcoming content.

Square's seen fit to mess with things, though, so no guarantees until we see the actual announcement.

Ended up pulling a daily and I swear the game loves giving me Pence and Hayner... A 5* Pence no less... I did end up with another 4* Mushu (whom I combined with another 4* Mushu I had already) and a 4* Queen Minnie at least.

Tirod

WAQjoNp.png

The medal deal going live in 2 hours is tempting. I'm considering a Speed Medal pull in the hopes of Kairi
I got all the epic medal pulls from the last deal except her :(
, KHII Sora Version B since I'm close to guilting him, and the guaranteed extra orb on my Master Form Sora is nice.

DECISIONS.

chrono01

Is it the specific medal listed or a random medal of that type?
From what I gather, it's a ten pull (1x 5*, 4x 4*, and 5x 3*) as well as a guaranteed advertised Donald/Sora/Cloud (depending on the one you go with).

I've been waiting for the Organization XIII medals, but those Cloud and Sora bundles are awfully tempting...

Psxphile

Deals are named after the characters so probably specific. It's a bonus, after all.

EDIT: oh shit, new avatar boards just unlocked

Classic Goofy themed
2000 jewels each
has Cid, Scrooge, Chip and Dale medals
limited time only, 2 weeks

Plus new event: Help Seven Dwarfs
Win Snow White and Seven Dwarf medals
2 weeks only (well, 16 days according to the banner)

Tirod

In addition to the avatar boards just mentioned, there is a Snow White questline under the events tab too! For some reason it doesn't have a notice though.

Four quests, which increase in level, and they reward 1 Star Dwarf/Snow White Medal as well as 3 Star Dwarf/Snow White Medal.

So the 12 medal addition to the album was for these Snow White medals. No Roxas yet.
Thank you SE

CRS

Defeat the enemies that appear in the Event Quest to collect Snow White Medals and Seven Dwarfs Medals.
・ Unlike other Medals, these Medals are evolved using only the same Medal!

Example: In order to evolve a Seven Dwarfs 1★ Medal into a Seven Dwarfs 2★ Medal, you will require the following:
  Seven Dwarves 1★ × 2

■Tips
★Plan, Collect, Evolve, and Power Up!★
The rarity of the dropped Medals will change depending on the difficulty of the Event Quest that you have selected.

Beginner: High chance of 1★ Medals
Intermediate: High chance of 2★ Medals
Advanced: High chance of 3★ Medals
Legendary: High chance of 4★ Medals

Plan ahead, collect what you need to get Special Attack Bonuses, and evolve your Medals into the ultimate 6★ powerhouse!

-------------------

Power, Speed, or Magic...which do you seek?

This week we have 3 separate deals for you, each with a bonus Medal leading the pack!

With this deal, you will be able to get 10 Medals and 1 bonus Medal, all of the attribute of your choice! That means 11 Power Medals, 11 Speed Medals, or 11 Magic Medals.
Use this chance to get duplicate Medals and raise your Special Attack Bonus!

-----------------

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have to say.. this one of the few f2p games I have played that makes you non stop feel like shit if you are non-iap.

Not that I mind.. on some way it's even kinda refreshing that they are not beating around the Bush with fact that there will be a huge gap between paying and non paying players. Just surprised how fast it's happening

CRS

So a total of 40 Avatar Coins and 120 Jewels given out for Objective/Quest rewards for the Snow White Event.

Better than nothing.

RalchAC

Dudeeeeeee! A free Cloud.

Should I do a 10 red pull? My red team right now is:

4* Diz
6* Wanna
6* Guilted Goofy A (farmable)
5* KH2 Cloud / Sora Valor Form.
5* Strength León.

I don't know what to do!

Tirod

So I grabbed a fruit from the forbidden tree that is 3000 jewel pulls and judgement was served swiftly.

My guilted Stitch is at 25% with Attack Boost I already so the new Stitches are terrible (the skill is Attack Boost All I). The rest of the free medals are also already guilted. Jumba with Defense Boost isn't terrible; I'll slowly get it leveled up from EXP missions so it can be fed to a buffer.

Don't really care for the KH Sora Version Bs much, the Limit Form was the only real good pull (along with the bonus Master Form Sora).

May RNG smile on the rest of you should you choose this path.

Almyn

So I grabbed a fruit from the forbidden tree that is 3000 jewel pulls and judgement was served swiftly.

Oh my goodness :( I was tempted by the speed medal banner also but you have made me rethink it. It's still seems so unfair the 'free' medals can drop from premium rolls.

Tirod

Oh my goodness :( I was tempted by the speed medal banner also but you have made me rethink it. It's still seems so unfair the 'free' medals can drop from premium rolls.

I mean look at it this way: the odds of you pulling worse than me is fairly low! 5 free medals, 2 trash medals, 2 okay medals, and 1 really good medal is a low threshold to beat.

I JUST WANT A KAIRI, PLEASE SQUARE ENIX.

CRS

They added filters for light and dark. Should mean something is coming soon!
I've seen them for a while now. Since I started playing I think.

Also,

I have a 3 dot Cloud, should I go for it to get one step closer?? Why am I considering it? D:

Tirod

I've seen them for a while now. Since I started playing I think.

Also,

I have a 3 dot Cloud, should I go for it to get one step closer?? Why am I considering it? D:

Well if you get 2 other Clouds in addition to your 1 guaranteed Cloud, you can guilt in one pull! I've seen a screen of 3 Wisdom Form Soras in one pull from this current deal, so it's possible. ;)

And you're considering it because we are human lol.

CRS

Maaaaaaaaan, Power is already my strongest color too so I won't be getting THAT much more as opposed to a Speed or Magic pull.

Decisions, decisions

My Magician Donald has 2 dots so Magic pull isn't too bad. Why couldn't it have been Wisdom Sora at least though.

Yeah, they seem pretty poor. Snow White is okay since she heals and cures status ailments but at 3 gauges, it's just too costly I think. She's a marginally stronger Daisy at a higher cost. The Dwarves are just like the free buffers and only raise your strength by 1 for 2 attacks.

I may try to evolve Snow White as she has decent stats maxed out. Also seems like her ability can be good against the Wretched Witch enemy.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is it just me, or are the new metals kinda useless? (Dwarfs, Snow White)

Well they are farmable...so yeah they are bad unless you max guilt them at which point they should at least be solid - but many of us probably rock already better medals for most circumstances.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, I had 0 master form soras despite really wanting one... Now I have two (pulled a 3* plus the 5* bonus)

The rest were really bad :(

3E0O0R4l.png

I guess I could guilt tifa or yuffie now... o_O

I hate the pull rates in this game. If it were possible to earn the currency in the game faster then i'd be more forgiving

This event definitely feels like a trap. Unless you're close to guilting a highly rated medal, I'd stay the hell away from these 10 draws.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm tempted to try out a speed or magic pull since the only booster medal I have is DiZ (And I don't have a Master Form Sora medal), but I think I'll hold off and just do a daily.

EDIT: I got another DiZ haha. Oh well, at least I got KH Riku and Magician Donald (Two new medals for me).

Falk

that puzzling face
I have to say.. this one of the few f2p games I have played that makes you non stop feel like shit if you are non-iap.

Not that I mind.. on some way it's even kinda refreshing that they are not beating around the Bush with fact that there will be a huge gap between paying and non paying players. Just surprised how fast it's happening

On the flipside outside of the l140 prouds nothing has really needed an absurd deck to beat. Yet. (ehehehe)

(Coliseum rankings don't count, you can't outwhale the whales)

Kinsei

Banned
On the flipside outside of the l140 prouds nothing has really needed an absurd deck to beat. Yet. (ehehehe)

(Coliseum rankings don't count, you can't outwhale the whales)

If you want to do all three missions in the fourth Snow White event quest you'll need a ridiculous speed deck like the 140 magic quest.

Kinsei

Banned
Nope

My speed team is completely garbage and not even full level and I beat it iust fine.

You beat the level 120 witch with four bars of health, a speed defense buff, can poison you, and regenerate a full bar of health when she attacks without using jewels to revive?

Beating the quest is easy, but that witch is stopping me from getting my third mickey head (I don't want to waste jewels on a revive).

Lnds500

You beat the level 120 witch with four bars of health, a speed defense buff, can poison you, and regenerate a full bar of health when she attacks without using jewels to revive?

Beating the quest is easy, but that witch is stopping me from getting my third mickey head (I don't want to waste jewels on a revive).

That's the only objective I have out of all 300 quests. Its tough now, I will wait until I've got stronger medals.

also

Banned
If you want to do all three missions in the fourth Snow White event quest you'll need a ridiculous speed deck like the 140 magic quest.

I got so lucky on that a quest. A random shared a Sora medal with sleep and I managed to trigger it twice in a row. The witch was dead by the third turn. Remember that status effect skills only trigger with regular (tap) attacks.

Top Bottom