• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

creid

Has anyone actually gotten 4* Snow White or Dwarves from the last event quest? I ran it twice and only got 3*s.

I guess I'll stay at 100 inventory for now, though I should probably trash some of the commons and just focus on a couple a week. Or just finish up the X-2 fairies and forget about the rest.

No. I think it's a mistake by SE, it only ever gives you 3*s.

The grind is real.
So sixteen to get a 6★, if my sleepy dirty math is correct.

Tirod

Lack of 4 Star drops is disappointing, if only for all the extra farming, but then I ask myself what I have to do for the rest of the month and it looks pretty dire (only have a few quests where I didn't complete all objectives, well into Tier 10 Coliseum).

Only giving 3 Stars is giving me something to do! Although farming Moogle Medals during downtime is nice.

I'd imagine if you still have some progression to do though, the AP drain is real.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know if I need to pull any of these special pulls. I'm nowhere near guilting any of the guaranteed pulls, so it doesn't feel worth it. May do the unlock on Monday and then grind out Snow White stuff and finish leveling the rest of my stuff.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I guess I'll stay at 100 inventory for now, though I should probably trash some of the commons and just focus on a couple a week. Or just finish up the X-2 fairies and forget about the rest.

So sixteen to get a 6★, if my sleepy dirty math is correct.
According to someone on reddit.

These two event medals do NOT use the normal evolution method. They require another of its medal at the same rank to evolve. For example, evolving a 4* Snow White to 5* requires another 4* Snow White.

Breakdown of optimal guilting path: http://i.imgur.com/YkrxKJI.jpg

This assumes you need one Fairy Godmother, Yen Sid, and Fantasia Mickey at each evolution. The fourth quest drops three to six 3* medals, so that is the most optimal quest to farm to bypass the first two star ranks. All things considered, excluding the necessary EXP medals, you will need:

25 Snow White/Seven Dwarves medals, 3* drops from the fourth quest (30AP)
11 Fairy Godmother
5 Yen Sid
2 Fantasia Mickey

Did you get a bad/low guilt number? If you want to re-guilt your 6* medal, you will need the following to make a 6* no-dot medal:

8 Snow White/Seven Dwarves medals, 3* drops from the fourth quest (30AP)
4 Fairy Godmother
2 Yen Sid
1 Fantasia Mickey
https://www.reddit.com/r/KHX/comments/4k8uha/two_new_medals_seven_dwarves_and_snow_white/

I was (not surprisingly) wrong, it's actually eight medals just to get a 6★.

Twenty-five medals is if you want a Guilted 6★.

Although, since these are both support medals, does Guilting them even do anything?

As far as I can tell, guilting (along with any dot, really) only increases damage. The amount you heal is exactly the same.

Jeels

So. At about quest 235...I used to be so many levels above I'd rarely have any trouble clearing out a level with ease. Now with the enemies at level 75 I get decimated and barely do any damage. Any tips?

So. At about quest 235...I used to be so many levels above I'd rarely have any trouble clearing out a level with ease. Now with the enemies at level 75 I get decimated and barely do any damage. Any tips?

What's your setup and how much cost do you have?

Tirod

Without seeing your equipment loadout, I can only provide a general outline.

1. Are you upgrading your keyblades as much as possible? Each upgrade increases the multiplier on certain medal slots, which in turn will make your specials/taps hit harder.

2. Are you keeping your medals fairly up to date level wise? Even if you don't have the cost to have multiple 6 stars, or can't log in on certain days for certain special quests, max out the levels on your medals.

3. Do you have any of the premium buffers? As you've noted, it's harder to dps enemies and buffs help. KH II Aerith/Diz/Vivi can go on any keyblade regardless of color, the 1 tier strength raise affects all medal. Aerith/Phil/White Rabbit raise strength by 1 tier as well, but only for their corresponding medal type. If you are stuck with the free medals (Hayner/Pence/Olette) then...that really sucks, but try your best to put them in front of your heaviest hitter to maximize your dps.

That's the general spiel unless I see some screenshots. o/

Falk

that puzzling face
ZTOmDTdl.png

Die monster you don't belong in this world.

Literally the last hit of a 21% guilt friend medal Stitch. You know how Stitch has a barrage of hits, then one more, then one last one after a slight delay? Yeah that one took out the last sliver of HP.

CRS

I was able to defeat both Witch bosses with ease since I got Kairi in my ten pull during the Epic Quest deal. Don't remember the entire pull but it was completely worth it for Kairi alone.

SoulUnison

Banned
Going back over hundreds of story missions you didn't have the strength to do all three objectives for the first time around is so incredibly tedious.

And that VIP Cid thing is just butts-mean. I thought Kingdom Hearts would be less aggressive with its Pay-To-Win stuff since it skews younger than Final Fantasy does and Record Keeper is incredibly generous and unobtrusive. This game advertises the 14.99 deal every other time you launch it. It's obnoxious and tasteless. F2P Fo' Lyfe!

also

Banned
Is it even worth to buy the Goofy boards? The medals you get don't seem worth 2000 jewels and the costume is meh.

Lnds500

They really should do something about Mondays. Right now there is pretty much nothing to do aside from grinding levels for boss raids.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I dont really play Mondays - just a log in day....unless i get lucky and Munny Stages are up or i can help with a Raid.

Box is full anyways and i need to level/evolve units starting Tuesday.

Since this weekly Cid thing is permanent and there's nothing else going on now, there's no real reason to bother with it until some premium medals come out, right? I mean, aside from just to stockpile them.

Is it even worth to buy the Goofy boards? The medals you get don't seem worth 2000 jewels and the costume is meh.

It's the only place you can get Defense Up II so far but that doesn't change my mind.

Since this weekly Cid thing is permanent and there's nothing else going on now, there's no real reason to bother with it until some premium medals come out, right? I mean, aside from just to stockpile them.

Pretty much. At least you can fuse 10 of them so they don't clog up your inventory.

Honestly, you can probably wait even longer when SE puts up more and more permanent special quests.

I think I'll wait until there's at least 3 or 4 of them.

Psxphile

What the... one of my medal's Paralysis skill just leveled up after finishing a mission. It never activated though, I didn't even use that medal for anything, I was just spamming Stitch in the first slot to kill Munny Eggs faster. Didn't know they level up just by bringing them into missions.

Though they probably level faster when their skill activates, right?

SoulUnison

Banned
It depends on the person. Mine won't be on for another 30 minutes.

Is there any way to know when Munny starts?
I assumed it was just random, or maybe at predetermined hours throughout the day.

I always seem to see Munny Madness at Noon, for instance.

Almyn

I assumed it was just random, or maybe at predetermined hours throughout the day.

It's different for everyone. But your times will always be the same, So once you know them you're good to go every day :p I think everyone gets 3 Munmy Madness unlocks every day.

Every person is assigned a timeslot and that will always be their timeslot, so if yours is at noon it will always be at noon.

The other thing is that you get a second and third chance during the day four hours and twelve hours after your earliest availability.

So mine are open from 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 10:00 PM.

Oh, you have two hours to "activate" it. Using my example, I can start mine anywhere from 10:00 AM to 11:59 AM; so if I load up the Special Quest menu at 11:20 AM, the thirty minutes starts from that.

Are they the same every single day, or different daily but the same week to week?

I guess I can find out tomorrow, as I noted down that I found 2 today at 2pm and 6:40pm.

Top Bottom