• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

alba

Little is the new Big
I've been playing the games for like 8 hours non stop lol. I'm loving it. I'm going for a weird hybrid build universalist (at low level) just because I want to rock the longsword/chakrams combo :D

Just did a mix/mash of a few weapons I salved to do this bad boy :)

Jeff G's Giant bomb review was dead fucking on.
The game is fantastic BUT

- the game is a goddamn cakewalk. even on hard.
- there's too many sidequests that are completely trivial and MMO level of boredom.

CzarTim

Played 8 hours today, and I'm having a blast. Love the combat progression, quests have been good, and the story is fleshed out nicely. I actually think I am preferring it over Skyrim, largely due to the atmosphere.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You just sold me on it, clearly we have the same taste.

Leaving to go pick it up on BB in a few, any recommendations on what system? Does it play better on either? i know a lot of the time PS3 gets the shaft on performance rather it be minimal or a lot.

I say pc, but consoles it doesn't really mater, go with what controller you like.

That Detect Hidden sure is a sexy perk isn't Q :D
Im low level and loaded with goodies! Anything might or sorcery I don't need I throw on the blacksmith table in hopes of getting good shit for traps, bows, daggers, or faeblades. Only time I'm dipping outside of Rogue in this game is to get the harpoon from might, the healing, and spells from sorcery. Thats it. Daddy gonna rain them arrows and have more area spread status dickery than anyone should deal with.

Crafting is fucking abusable. That is all. Making a 15% physical damage resistance gem at level 5 was hilarious.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sad to hear about the difficulty. I'm only 15 minutes in, so I think I'm going to restart on Hard when I get home.

Moaradin

Holy shit. This game reminds me so much of Dragon Age: Origins, but with an open world and good combat. I'm so excited right now. It even has achievements!

This may be my sleeper hit of the year.

Kifimbo

Jeff G's Giant bomb review was dead fucking on.
The game is fantastic BUT

- the game is a goddamn cakewalk. even on hard.
- there's too many sidequests that are completely trivial and MMO level of boredom.

Agree with the first point, but the boring sidequests are only the one where they asked you to kill X monsters or collect Y items. I stopped doing these sidequests.

shaowebb

Man how do I unlock these fate cards and how do they work in so far as bonuses go? I wanted to be a warden due to my arrow love, but I'd like to know how to get it and use it more. I dont understand yet.

B00TE

My copy from Newegg is still listed as 'On Hold'. I hope it ships out soon, I really want to have this by the weekend. I half wanted to pick it up at gamestop today. :C

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man how do I unlock these fate cards and how do they work in so far as bonuses go? I wanted to be a warden due to my arrow love, but I'd like to know how to get it and use it more. I dont understand yet.

You unlock fate cards based on points you have dumped in. SO FOR EXAMPLE if you wanted Warden. You need at least 14 might and 14 finesse

Damn Felicia Day is cute as fuck

That was random LOL OH WAIT no It's not she's on day 9 LOL

Edit: oh god they are making me LOL hard

scy

Finished another faction and gained a new Twist of Fate:
+1 Finesse Skills, +6% Piercing Damage. Damn! Also a full set of equipment that isn't that bad but not too great. Weak set bonuses :|

The Destinies? They have a requirement of a certain amount of ability points. Warden, for instance, is 14 Might and 14 Finesse. That is, you spent 14 points in Might and 14 points in Finesse. You can then just select the Warden destiny from the Destiny option in the menu.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
can you respec in this?

...i'm freakin' OCD with my character right now. I keep rerolling to try stuff and I'm afraid to commit to anything...

Evolved1

Thanks guys. less pressure to get it all right off the bat. :)

legbone

could someone explain something to me. i downloaded the finesse armor from the downloadable content menu. then i loaded my game and went to the special deliveries chest in the first town you go to. i had previously been there to pick up my shepard's armor. but now when i go there it says "no special deliveries available" or something like that. i just downloaded the finesse pack, shouldn't it be there? did i get ripped off or what? don't tell me i have to start a whole new game (been playing for three hours) to get the dlc. something is wrong.

Evolved1

I'm really enjoying this game... my only issues are the camera "velocity" and the fact I can't keep it zoomed in (at least) while moving around.

Those would be two really easy things to make toggle options in the menu.

Otherwise though... I'm so happy about this purchase.

scy

And this is why I refuse to spend gold on anything, so I can buy that shit soon as possible XD

I was holding off since it would have given me a base total of 4 or 5 and I still hadn't found the second 0-3 trainer and the 1-4 trainer. Didn't want to lose those two as well.

At least, I think that's why. I honestly can't remember WHICH trainer it was and I don't have a back-up save apparently :|

Level 4 now after doing a bunch of the quests I had been doing in the demo, but this time on Hard. At first it's definitely harder, but then I picked up the pre-order/demo daggers from the box and it got a little easier. Then I put 6 points into daggers and it got stupidly easy. I assume later bosses/mobs will be much harder than those in the starting area though.

Having a blast so far and am loving the look of the 360 version and the solid framerate. 2 things I couldnt say about the demo.

Amir0x

Banned
That was random LOL OH WAIT no It's not she's on day 9 LOL

Edit: oh god they are making me LOL hard

yeah i am trying to win one of them troll things so I'm watching. Felicia Day may be cute, but my god they took forever creating a character. boring as hell

Kifimbo

Edge gave Dragon Age Origins a 5. I really wouldn't trust their opinion on WRPG's.

Mass Effect - 7/10
Jade Empire - 7/10
KotOR - 9/10
Baldur's Gate 2 - 8/10
The Witcher - 5/10
Morrowind - 6/10
Oblivion - 8/10
Fallout 3 - 7/10
Diablo - 7/10
Diablo II - 6/10
Arcanum - 5
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines - 6
Fallout 1 - 7
Fable - 8/10
Fable 2 - 9/10

Some of them might be inaccurate. But yeah, I wouldn't trust their opinions on WRPG.

Loxley

Mass Effect - 7/10
Jade Empire - 7/10
KotOR - 9/10
Baldur's Gate 2 - 8/10
The Witcher - 5/10
Morrowind - 6/10
Oblivion - 8/10
Fallout 3 - 7/10
Diablo - 7/10
Diablo II - 6/10
Arcanum - 5
Fallout 1 - 7
Fable - 8/10
Fable 2 - 9/10

Some of them might be inaccurate. But yeah, I wouldn't trust their opinions on WRPG.

Diablo 2 and Morrowind both got a 6? What weird fucking taste these guys have.

scy

What do you mean?

I'll be vague on the spoilers but just in case:
As a result of the end of a faction quest line a trainer I hadn't used yet disappeared.
There's a chance I just need to let some time pass or something so we'll see...

Einbroch

Banned
I'll be vague on the spoilers but just in case:
As a result of the end of a faction quest line a trainer I hadn't used yet disappeared.
There's a chance I just need to let some time pass or something so we'll see...

HoB?

So instead of Steam decrypting my preload, it decided to begin redownloading. :( Is there a way to fix that? Looks like I've got about 45 minutes left on the download, so it likely doesn't really matter.

I was really looking forward to playing some this afternoon, too.

Rokam

Question for those that completed Castle Yolvan and the follow up dungeon
was there any epic loot I somehow missed after killing the widow, she only dropped a couple of essense of fate :(

shaowebb

All I want from the poll contest is to hopefully score that delicious studio tour so I can meet and ask some questions at 38 studios. Thats such an amazing opportunity to have for someone graduating its like a pot of gold if I get it. That insider info on how to make waves with top companies would serve me well.

kitzkozan

Mass Effect - 7/10
Jade Empire - 7/10
KotOR - 9/10
Baldur's Gate 2 - 8/10
The Witcher - 5/10
Morrowind - 6/10
Oblivion - 8/10
Fallout 3 - 7/10
Diablo - 7/10
Diablo II - 6/10
Arcanum - 5
Fallout 1 - 7
Fable - 8/10
Fable 2 - 9/10

It's so wrong that it make me shit my pant everytime I see the Edge wrpg list. It doesn't include the 6 given to The Witcher 2 which made most people go WTF. :p They should just admit that they don't give a shit about wrpg. :] If people are on the fence, they should think of Darksiders. A new IP that surprised many within the gaming community, although with highly derivative and unoriginal material and gameplay. I expect Darksiders 2 to vastly improve upon the original, so the same should be true for Reckoning. I'm buying the game since it will be fun to play, with the hope that a sequel reach greatness.

Top Bottom