• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning |OT| An Enemy-Pounding Funfest

Ningo

Hope it is good. Just bought off amazon as I had a $10 dollar rebate so it came to $38.03 after exchange rate

Just hit 50 in swtor and I am burnt out, been playing since december 13, and need something else to play for a while. I didn't like the demo but we'll see how it goes.

Can the camera be pulled further out than in the demo? Felt so cramped.

scy

Only thing i have found in this game that i hate, is that i cant get this damned House of Ballads armor set out of my inventory.

Huh? I had no trouble storing it. I couldn't store the Selkie Veil or the Ballad Signet Ring, though.

And how does the guild/faction system work? Can I join multiple at once?

You can join them all. There's just quests to do to join them and then off you go.

Klyka

Banned
After 24 hours of playtime, I am now leaving Dalentarth (which I have completely cleared) for the first time. Heading into Detyre to find an old friend...

Carm

Is there a quest that sends you to the Ohn's Stand dungeon? Looks like I'm finishing up Dalentarth and no npc has sent me there, first dungeon without a quest lead in?

JambiBum

Huh? I had no trouble storing it. I couldn't store the Selkie Veil or the Ballad Signet Ring, though.

You can join them all. There's just quests to do to join them and then off you go.

I sold the ring a little while ago. And the veil actually.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is there a quest that sends you to the Ohn's Stand dungeon? Looks like I'm finishing up Dalentarth and no npc has sent me there, first dungeon without a quest lead in?

Well, I never got a quest for Stonecandle, and that's right at the beginning of the game.

You mean the text color? It represents item rarity.

White is common
Green is infrequent
Blue is rare
Purple is unique
Yellow is set piece

And the color of enemy names is:

Gray/white - lamb to the slaughter
Yellow - gonna be a fun fight, but in your favor
Orange - oh shit (button mashers need not apply)
Red - Run muttafucka run!

scy

The
Travelers will send you there

I sold the ring a little while ago. And the veil actually.

I still have the Ring for some reason but I salvaged the Veil, much to my surprise. Didn't get anything special for it, though.

BrettWeir

IIRC that armor does not count up with your inventory size, right?

For some reason, i could pick up 2 sets of the armor. One was removed when the quest chain ended, the other set is stuck in my inventory and not able to be stored, sold, or destroyed. Unfortunately, it does take up inventory space.

Okay, I'm playing a Finesse/Might character but am starting to have a bit of difficulty
FUCKING SPIDERS, GRRRRR
- is there anything I can invest my points in to get any sort of wide area attack? Something that'll maybe hit enemies in a 360 degree arc and knock them back? Because at the moment I'm getting mobbed by spiders and it isn't all that fun.

Also, some of these dungeons are just overly long. I went into one having repaired all my stuff not five minutes before, and by the time I left the dungeon my fae blades were close to breaking and I had to pay 22k to repair everything.

Apeboy

Here's to hoping 38 et al decide to focus on single player games. I know they have their sites set on a mmo but I'd buy another KoA game long before I'd consider getting another mmo.

ReaperXL7

Okay, I'm playing a Finesse/Might character but am starting to have a bit of difficulty
FUCKING SPIDERS, GRRRRR
- is there anything I can invest my points in to get any sort of wide area attack? Something that'll maybe hit enemies in a 360 degree arc and knock them back? Because at the moment I'm getting mobbed by spiders and it isn't all that fun. Also, some of these dungeons are just overly long. I went into one having repaired all my stuff not five minutes before, and by the time I left the dungeon my fae blades were close to breaking and I had to pay 22k to repair everything.

Shadow flare is pretty good for this in my opinion, the more you level it the more daggers you throw, and it does good damage, and it's good for getting in a quick stun on most enemies i've come across.

Due to a hectic work week I have not had alot of time to play since I got the game, I'm about 10 hours in so far, just now starting to emerge from odarath, and i've already found great quests. Example (in the demo aswell
I loved the quest with the wolf that was turned human, the only part that I'm not sure I understand is at the end he says that he gave me the knowledge to fight like a wolf, but I did not notice any changes.
also
I enjoyed the one I just did to get a gnome his journal from splitrock depths, interesting story behind that one, especially if you read the journal of the guy who was basically eatn by the lanashee.

Also just got my first couple of purples, and set pieces. I'm curious if anyone knows this though, as far as set pieces go, do all the pieces drop only in the same dungeon you get them, or are they set to an area? I got the hood for the mercenary gear, but I was hoping to find the legs aswell, no luck yet though.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Could someone tell me what a utility socket does?

Thanks

Utility sockets are for utility gems. Utility gems are actually my favorite. They have some cool effects. If you have some points in sagecrafting, you should give them a try.

Dunlop

Outside of epic gems, they're the best.

+Health, +Mana, +Health Regen, +Mana Regen, etc.

Health and mana regeneration are the bees knees.

Was listening to the Giant Bomb podcast where he mentions that they are too powerful, you can pretty much become Wolverine and trivialize the content if that is your desire

syllogism

Every non-accessory item type can have at least 2 utility slots, including weapons, and you can craft +2 hp regen utility gems, so you can get health regen up to something ridiculous like +20hp/s

FUCKING SPIDERS, GRRRRR
- is there anything I can invest my points in to get any sort of wide area attack? Something that'll maybe hit enemies in a 360 degree arc and knock them back? Because at the moment I'm getting mobbed by spiders and it isn't all that fun.

Also, some of these dungeons are just overly long. I went into one having repaired all my stuff not five minutes before, and by the time I left the dungeon my fae blades were close to breaking and I had to pay 22k to repair everything.

I just use repair kits on expensive stuff. ALso find some flame chakras. Even if you aren't specced for them, they tear spiders up and cut webs.

Finally got the time to play last night. Installed it on my HDD, downloaded some DLC and the game froze, literally within five minutes. In all, for about an hour's worth of play time, I had the freeze on me 7 times. I tried some other games just to make sure it wasn't my console and they all worked fine. Not really sure what to do. :\

Woo-Fu

Banned
FUCKING SPIDERS, GRRRRR
I use bow for this. Upgrades give you a multiple arrow spread direct fire and a multi-arrow indirect mortar-style attack. Both are good for hordes.

I made this same mistake, spending 20-40k to repair my gear at the smith. DO NOT DO THIS. Repair kits are dirt cheap and do the same thing. I have about 3 million credits now. Once you stop paying for repairs your money will pile up, particularly since the only things you'll spend it on are backpacks and training.

gehrig38

Finally got the time to play last night. Installed it on my HDD, downloaded some DLC and the game froze, literally within five minutes. In all, for about an hour's worth of play time, I had the freeze on me 7 times. I tried some other games just to make sure it wasn't my console and they all worked fine. Not really sure what to do. :\

Can you PM me here with contact information please?

ReaperXL7

I pick up quite a bit of journals, books, and notes. Should I be keeping these?

it's up to you I'm enjoying reading all of that stuff, and I store them at my house. They are not something that you have to keep if you don't want though, unless it's a quest item but you'll know when it is.

ttocs

I was wondering the same thing. I always feel bad about selling them but they take up inventory space.

I don't think it's like Skyrim where you can put them on a bookshelf and collect series. Some books in the game give you permanent bonuses so they are worthwhile to look for, but I don't think you really need to save them unless you really like collecting stuff.

This is going to make me sound like a crazy person, but I think my game is glitched. Every time I enter combat and do combat like maneuver, shoot my bow use daggers etc., my controller turns off. Now, I would think that my controller is messing up but the controller only shuts off during combat. When Im turning in quests or just walking around it doesnt do this. And yes my batteries are good.

JambiBum

There's an achievement for reading 50 books. You can also find skill points in some books too. Other than that I just read them and then sell them.

ReaperXL7

I don't think it's like Skyrim where you can put them on a bookshelf and collect series. Some books in the game give you permanent bonuses so they are worthwhile to look for, but I don't think you really need to save them unless you really like collecting stuff.

you don't get a book shelf in your houses, but you can store them in your stash if you like. thats what I'm doing, I keep them all stored, that way I don't miss anyway and I can read them as I want.

Some of the books are pretty enjoyable There is one that you can steal off of a woman early in the game about a drunk man who tries to give a bear some sweet lovin.

Keikaku

That's lucky. My repairs have ranged in the 40-80k range. Probably depends on how many purples and yellows you have to repair. My hammer is a purple and it costs a f***ton of money to repair. Cheaper for me to just buy repair kits to fix that thing.
I have 2 yellow armor pieces with the rest being green. I also have 1 purple weapon and 1 green. Part of the reason it costs so little is that my armor rarely seems to go down. I tend to roll and evade quite a lot so I don't generally get hit. I think that affects the durability.

I pick up quite a bit of journals, books, and notes. Should I be keeping these?
Read them and sell them. Get the lore and the minimal money. If they say (Skill) next to them, read them for a permanent skill point increase.

***QUEST HELP***
This is for the mission "Gathering Flames" that you get from the alchemist in Glendara. I got the 2 herbs that he asked for and submitted them to him.

Now the first two bullet points on that quest are grayed out and I already gave him the reagents. The game is telling me to go back to him but I can't seem to complete the quest. Help please :(

abundant

I just unlocked Elemental Rage and it's just as good as I hoped it would be. Mid game Mages are pretty strong and thanks to the Conservative Casting ability + Destinies + Mana Regen I can spam my powers all I want without using a Mana potion.

Now the first two bullet points on that quest are grayed out and I already gave him the reagents. The game is telling me to go back to him but I can't seem to complete the quest. Help please :(

It's a repeatable quest. If you mix the ingredients yourself and give him the potion, you get 250 gold per. If you just give the materials you get less.

scy

***QUEST HELP***
This is for the mission "Gathering Flames" that you get from the alchemist in Glendara. I got the 2 herbs that he asked for and submitted them to him.

You can't. It's an infinitely repeatable task. Just keep bringing him the completed potions for Gold.

Woo-Fu

Banned
you don't get a book shelf in your houses, but you can store them in your stash if you like. thats what I'm doing, I keep them all stored, that way I don't miss anyway and I can read them as I want.

My stash is full of set gear, don't have much room for anything else, certainly not the library of Amalur.

I had saved up every purple I'd found up to level ~30 but eventually had to sell them off to make stash room for more sets.

scy

is there any sort of lorestone guide yet? i hate having so many 4/5s

Detect Hidden 10, I guess. I haven't been marking down the ones I've been finding but I have them all maxed but the areas I haven't been to (and one of the seasonal Lorestones).

Detect Hidden for Detect Hidden Doors is necessary for only one Lorestone so far, though.

Tex117

Banned
You know what feature is freakin awesome?

The option to have a helment equipped, but you don't have to see it.

More times than not, helments are clunky hunks of metal that obsure your character and the time you spent creating it. It bothers me in every game in which you can equip a helment.

Whoever thought of this, is a genius.

ReaperXL7

My stash is full of set gear, don't have much room for anything else, certainly the library of Amalur.

I had saved up every purple I'd found up to level ~30 but eventually had to sell them off to make stash room for more sets.

I only keep gear thats useful to my character, then when I outgrow it I store it. i don't plan on respeccing so it does not do me much good to store gear i'll never be able to equip.

lol modt people would probably find storing the books weird, but I like to read.

Top Bottom