• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Firewalk Studios and Concord heads had a 'too good to fail mentality'

pasterpl

Wondering if all of them got the participation trophy 🏆 (bonuses)

Gold Medal Good Job GIF by StickerGiant

Nikodemos

According to the video the 400 million does not include the purchase of the studio.
I don't believe this. Everybody likes a good bomba story, but it doesn't pass the smell test.
I think the $400 mill includes everything: studio acquisition, game development (before and after studio acquisition), post-launch content (vital to a live-service game), those animated mini-episodes, ad campaign (incl. moneyhatting streamers), merchandise (incl. custom controller), Amazon tie-in, basically the entire project, from snout to tail.

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
'Too good to fail'

By who? They put their mommies to play and evaluate the game or something?

Those guys live inside a fucking bubble.

400m...
Starts to make a lot of fucking sense. Holy shit.
Yeah it does. If your credits are over an hour then it's clear they went way over budget.

Moriarty doesn't make stuff up so someone told him that number. People are incredulous but if Sony had to get all the support that is in the credits that means the game was in a horrible state and they threw money to get the product out the door.

People don't want to believe this number.... do they not remember media molecule being given rope to hang themselves? Avs that was a functional well received "game".

leizzra

Toxic positivity is a product of feminism or more specifically women.

I hate to say it but (alot of, not all) women are more worried about their "feelings" and "emotions" to handle genuine criticism, constructive or otherwise. So they create "safe spaces", echo chambers and bubbles to protect them and their feelings from outside criticism and differing opinions.

It wouldn't be so bad if they left this thinking to their personal lives, but no...they brought it into their professional lives where millions of dollars and thousands of livelihoods are on the line.

Well, that may be true in some companies, but not in the those that I’m referring to. Most of them are male centric and management is almost exclusively men. This is a corporate way of thinking. I think it is connected to the ego of some higher ups, especially when you had some success’s.

Frankly, it reminds me a lot of situation in Russia.

People in general don’t like criticism. Still they should be able to handle constructive critic because it’s healthy. Unfortunately many times they don’t or people try to be too polite and don’t do critic at all.

Top Bottom