• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri

So, since the community screwed up with Dragon Age, I'm presuming Alan Wake'll win this one? :D

NFS got my vote! Alan Wake has been on sale a LOT. So many times I even bought though it runs like shit on my computer. Almost bought itself.

Stimpack

Or repeated the cycle of abuse and passed on said copies to more unsuspec-- er, victims.

I never wanted to be like my father. He played Bad Rats all day every day. It broke my heart.

Now I have a copy of Bad Rats, man, and I'm jonesing!

Cth

Bri

Oh btw. There's no reason to save cards right? Price will only get lower as time goes. Need them 0.08€ man!

Caode

So I have a spare copy of Torchlight 2 just sitting there... all by itself.... wanting to be installed somewhere.

PM if you want to trade. Interested in RPG's more so than anything else but if anyone has anything spare they're willing to trade.

Kifimbo

Had to give at least one more:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-EF702E89E4489933 - Taken by JoduanER2

Volotaire

Oh btw. There's no reason to save cards right? Price will only get lower as time goes. Need them 0.08€ man!

The could get higher long term as supply shrinks.

But demand could also shrink as well (doubt this to a large magnitude).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe the sale is over! It was fun guys!

So I have a spare copy of Torchlight 2 just sitting there... all by itself.... wanting to be installed somewhere.

PM if you want to trade. Interested in RPG's more so than anything else but if anyone has anything spare they're willing to trade.

I have this role playing game / physics simulator that puts you in the shoes (paws?) of the main character set out to get revenge on his feline oppressors. You get lost in it. They're soooo bad, like power-glove bad.

spicy cho

If anyone missed out on Rising Storm at the sale price and wants it, I can trade a copy for Starforge alpha, which is going for the same price. PM if interested

Polk

Lower? Why would they go lower? They won't be new cards after the sale ends and you still can craft the badge.

cicero

Patricians and Merchants - $2.71 (66% off)
ZSXwQhv.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2327/

This is a collection of games, it includes:
Patrician III (one of the most elaborate economic trading sims ever made)
The Great Art Race (casual strategy/management sim)
Darkstar One (space trading and combat simulator game)

I consider Patrician III the main draw to this small bundle, who doesn't like a space trading game though. For a mere $1.02 more than the cost for Patrician III alone you get the other two games as well. Think like JaseC and buy it today.

Freedom Force: Freedom Pack - $3.74 (50% off)
V7qGzIT.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1662/

This includes Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich. This is a squad-based superhero themed strategy RPG released in 2002. One of the greatest superhero games ever made, loved the customization aspect.

Gateways - $2.49 (50% off)
uCAQBgH.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/216290/

I have yet to play this, I plan on buying it though. It is a 2D Puzzle/Platformer by the same people who made The Adventures of Shuggy. Also, you can buy direct from the developers through the Humble store and get a DRM-Free Windows/Mac/Linux copy as well as Desura, plus they get more money.

http://www.smudgedcat.com/gateways.htm

DukeBobby

Damn, I've already finished both acts of KR0, enjoying it so far but that 50% discount would really have helped! XD

Yep, they are both pretty short. Took me about an hour and a half each.

However, on my second playthrough, I found stuff that I previously missed, so there's some incentive to replay it.

Bri

Lower? Why would they go lower? They won't be new cards after the sale ends and you still can craft the badge.

Summer badge cards shouldn't go lower, but the normal cards are here to stay or am I missing something here?

Torraz

is that better

fuckin shmups

WHY ARE THESE SHIPS GIRLS

No, exceed is pretty crappy; at least the first one. The second one is decent, and the third one actually pretty good.

The gundemonium ones are pretty good throughout. Two are horizontal and one is vertical, iirc.

Stimpack

How does the Fallout Collection hold up these days?

If you liked Fallout once, you will always like Fallout. It holds up well. Solid artwork. Interesting mechanics. It isn't plagued by horrible pathing or anything like the Infinity Engine games tend to be. And of course the writing shines through just as well.

liezryou

Patricians and Merchants - $2.71 (66% off)

Gateways - $2.49 (50% off)

HOLY SHIT, thanks for telling me about freedom force. I played this game to death when i was a kid! To this date, i have yet to play a better top down super hero game.

Salsa

No, exceed is pretty crappy; at least the first one. The second one is decent, and the third one actually pretty good.

The gundemonium ones are pretty good throughout. Two are horizontal and one is vertical, iirc.

thanks! i'll see if I can sell enough cards to buy the gundemonium pack then

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I can never remember: Which one is the good one, Freedom Force or Freedom Figgters?

Freedom Fighters looks like a squad shooter (PC and Consoles), Freedom Force looks like a isometric "Marvel Ultimate Alliance"-like (PC Only).

The Squad based also released on consoles is the bad one?

Sillution

Just picked up Sequence and Shatter. Never heard of either one of them, but it's hard to turn down a game that looks like DDR and another that is like Breakout. Thank you for the recommendation!

Nymphae

Banned
I'm pretty bummed out that I haven't even been able to buy or sell cards during this sale due to the fact that I forgot I had Steamguard disabled. Oh well, I got a bunch of new games at least.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Finally the sale ended. Its been a fun ride guys and girls. See ya during the next sale. (or in the monthly Indie threads if you want to keep me company :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom