• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so seriously. Is Dragon's Lair a faithful and quality port of the original arcade classic? And should I get it for $5? I could have the game which literally invented the QTE three decades ago now!

DSix

Banned
So, how good is Dark Void Zero against, say, Super House of Dead Ninjas?

I only have a few bucks to spare so I got to chose wisely.

Just bought Super Hexagon with trading card money.

Holy shit. I think is the closest I can get at tripping by just a video game.

When I just started, I just saw the beams coming towards you. After a minute, something in me changed and now I can see the whole screen flowing together.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Not to be insensitive, but is Retro/Grade any good? Or do people just feel sorry for him. Based solely on the store page the game looks very generic, no different from a hundred other Guitar Hero clones, which could be one of the reasons it didn't sell. I know I wouldn't have given the game a seconds thought if I didn't see it posted here.
It's good and I enjoyed it last summer when I got a free copy of the game for PSN which is why I felt bad for the guy when I read that the game bombed hard. I never got into Guitar Hero/Rock Band though, so my viewpoint might be skewed by that.

I'm wondering. Can you get card drops or achievements on Steam through offline mode?
Pretty sure achievements work offline. Cards on the other hand, I think those are all handled server side so you have to be connected to get them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot has passed 1850 giveaways. Around 200 giveaways were added but never claimed--either due to rules, technical errors, or the person just rethinking the gift.

Here is how I am planning to address those 200 unclaimed giveaways:
- Around a week from now, I will automatically convert all giveaways that are more than a week old and not yet taken into rules-free giveaways. In addition to being exempt from all rules including the global timer, these giveaways will allow people to grab more than one title per giveaway (you'll still have to ask for one at a time, but not be limited to one overall in the giveaway).
- No one who originally gave away these titles will receive a receipt for these giveaways, and the giver will be marked ModBot. Original giveaway information will be lost.
- There will be a disclaimer posted, since many of these keys are probably taken (some may have been reposted with slight edits to the key text, for example). So it's not a "YAAAYY GIVEAWAY", it's probably just a waste of everyone's time, but maybe you'll get something out of them.
- Warning: Claiming one of these keys will still count for giveaway purposes, even if it is already taken and/or no good. I do expect the pace of giveaways to slow down after this sale.
- I will post them in batches of 25 or so every day until they are cleared.
- If you have any pending keys that you wish to revoke, please nuke them or redeem them before that period of time. I will modify the loot check function to add games that you have given away that were not claimed so that users be aware of what they have given away that might be on this list.

If anyone feels that this is a totally unreasonable course of action, please let me know. The restrictions listed above are simply based on the most reasonable way to do this without a ton of additional coding and ensuring that the games actually get given away.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Ben There, Dan That! is really, really funny! And it's filled with cool LucasArts references.
It's like i've died and went to gaming heaven.

At first I was debating if I should buy the darn thing, for 36 cents. :/
Eugh!
Glad I made up my mind and did it, though. :p

hom3land

Thanks to all for directing to the Alpha protocol on sale. That and Splinter Cell Conviction were the only 2 games I was looking for that didn't go on sale.

mrgone

Ok so seriously. Is Dragon's Lair a faithful and quality port of the original arcade classic? And should I get it for $5? I could have the game which literally invented the QTE three decades ago now!

Or you could watch it on Youtube. Then watch the last battle of Indigo Prophecy and weep for the future it created. Most of that weeping will be from laughing, though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Pulling out the big guns here
doc-brown.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-ED36F7A01306ADFC - Taken by The Super Bob

Odd games to compare I know, but which should I get Alpha Protocol or Counter Strike: GO. I'm interested in both but I can't get both if I get Rogue Legacy.

Ben There, Dan That! is really, really funny! And it's filled with cool LucasArts references.
It's like i've died and went to gaming heaven.

At first I was debating if I should buy the darn thing, for 36 cents. :/
Eugh!
Glad I made up my mind and did it, though. :p

Didn't realise it was so cheap. Picked it up for £0.29.

Need to sell a couple of cards for Super Hexagon.

ruxtpin

Banned
Borderlands 2 worth the 10 dollars, or has it gone lower or been packaged with all it's extra content in the past (for a better price)?

ss_lemonade

I think I asked this in one of the previous threads but didn't get a response. I've been thinking of getting Tomb Raider but the full collection only costs a few dollars more. How are the old games in terms of compatibility? Can I use my 360 controller on them? Will I run into any problems when running the older games like the original tomb raider? Or am I better off just spending the money on something else lol.

I never played the Tomb Raider games but I think it would be fun to run through the entire series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom