• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Rochard - $2.49 (75% off)
MBAwJEV.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107800/

Polished gravity based shooty puzzle platformer.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed - $2.49 (75% off)
o035IDZ.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/21680/

Remake of the NES side-scrolling classic. It also has multiplayer and a 2-player co-op mode. If you want you can also pay another $2.49 and get Bionic Commando too. I hear shifty things about that one though. Shifty.

Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $1.24 (75% off)
tS70kIG.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3910/

People are going to talk about how you should just get Civ IV instead. Why not get both? Appease the Civ gods and that Lovely Bones girl, Sayohiershah Ronin.

Defense Grid: The Awakening - $2.49 (75% off)
L64xkNF.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/18500/

One of the best tower defense games ever made. I love it. Also, check out the DLC as well.

AI War: Fleet Command - $2.49 (75% off)
uUgdaHb.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/40400/

This is a real time space strategy game. The graphics aren't much. The genre-breaking heavy strategy is quite complex though, it has a bit of a learning curve, quite a bit. It is still regularly updated and still has expansions being made for it. The base game and DLC are worth the price, imo. Just know what you are buying into...

Caerith

is chivalry really worth getting? gaf seems to like it.... some gaffers called it 'funny'.

I'm tempted by civ7 gold.....

Definitely get Civilization 7 if you can. The multiplayer's a bit dead, but that's because most people won't have it for another fifteen years.

Most people like Chivalry because, well... Just watch this, I suppose.

Does it still run like shit or have they improved the game's performance ?

I was a big fan of the first NS, but i couldn't run NS2 at 60fps constant.

You need a decent cpu yes
quad core phenom II or any decent intel cpu.

It won't run well on a core2 duo it's quite a cpu intensive game.
If you can run starcraft 2 at 60 fps you can run ns2 at 60 fps.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Finally installing The Witcher2, which I was so graciously gifted... however its 18gigs! :O
luckily i have fat pipes

DukeBobby

Brannon

Here is how I am planning to address those 200 unclaimed giveaways:
- Around a week from now, I will automatically convert all giveaways that are more than a week old and not yet taken into rules-free giveaways. In addition to being exempt from all rules including the global timer, these giveaways will allow people to grab more than one title per giveaway (you'll still have to ask for one at a time, but not be limited to one overall in the giveaway).
- No one who originally gave away these titles will receive a receipt for these giveaways, and the giver will be marked ModBot. Original giveaway information will be lost.
- There will be a disclaimer posted, since many of these keys are probably taken (some may have been reposted with slight edits to the key text, for example). So it's not a "YAAAYY GIVEAWAY", it's probably just a waste of everyone's time, but maybe you'll get something out of them.
-Give them all to Brannon for 'safekeeping' mwahahahaha.
- Warning: Claiming one of these keys will still count for giveaway purposes, even if it is already taken and/or no good. I do expect the pace of giveaways to slow down after this sale.
- I will post them in batches of 25 or so every day until they are cleared.
- If you have any pending keys that you wish to revoke, please nuke them or redeem them before that period of time. I will modify the loot check function to add games that you have given away that were not claimed so that users be aware of what they have given away that might be on this list.

If anyone feels that this is a totally unreasonable course of action, please let me know. The restrictions listed above are simply based on the most reasonable way to do this without a ton of additional coding and ensuring that the games actually get given away.

I think this is more than fair *glance* *glance*

Does anyone is getting this error when you try to checkout?

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

bakeray

thinking about buying Worms but it seems like they release a new one every 17 days so I'm not sure which to get/if it'd be even worth it if I just wanted it to play online?

ModBot has passed 1850 giveaways. Around 200 giveaways were added but never claimed--either due to rules, technical errors, or the person just rethinking the gift.

Here is how I am planning to address those 200 unclaimed giveaways:
- Around a week from now, I will automatically convert all giveaways that are more than a week old and not yet taken into rules-free giveaways. In addition to being exempt from all rules including the global timer, these giveaways will allow people to grab more than one title per giveaway (you'll still have to ask for one at a time, but not be limited to one overall in the giveaway).
- No one who originally gave away these titles will receive a receipt for these giveaways, and the giver will be marked ModBot. Original giveaway information will be lost.
- There will be a disclaimer posted, since many of these keys are probably taken (some may have been reposted with slight edits to the key text, for example). So it's not a "YAAAYY GIVEAWAY", it's probably just a waste of everyone's time, but maybe you'll get something out of them.
- Warning: Claiming one of these keys will still count for giveaway purposes, even if it is already taken and/or no good. I do expect the pace of giveaways to slow down after this sale.
- I will post them in batches of 25 or so every day until they are cleared.
- If you have any pending keys that you wish to revoke, please nuke them or redeem them before that period of time. I will modify the loot check function to add games that you have given away that were not claimed so that users be aware of what they have given away that might be on this list.

If anyone feels that this is a totally unreasonable course of action, please let me know. The restrictions listed above are simply based on the most reasonable way to do this without a ton of additional coding and ensuring that the games actually get given away.

Sounds cool. Maybe I'll have a chance at winning something, my copy/paste skills are apparently too slow :\

Aranath

How often do Ubisoft games go on sale?

I'm thinking of picking up the Brothers in Arms games and World in Conflict, but they only have a 33% discount. Not sure if it's better to just wait until something better appears in the future.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah once you get a grasp over how to control it it's pretty nice. I transplanted the heart and fixed up Heavy but have yet to figure out how to get to kidneys.

How to do a double kidney transplant:
Ignore the ribs. The small and large intestines both have areas you need to slice that are slightly discoloured versus the rest. You should be able to see two of these very easily (bottom right, bottom left). The middle left incision point is just above the bottom left--it's a horizontal bridge where the large intestine connects to the small intestine. When you've done these three, remove the large intestine. The fourth area is where the small intestine connects to the stomach. Then disconnect the stomach from the esophagus. With these removed you're down to the kidneys. Use a scalpel or the knife with the kidney shaped handle for the entire process. If one or both of the kidneys have been detached but you can't remove them, try using the spoon on the right hand side.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Trying to get over my aversion to first person games. Should I get Scratches?

Absolutely. It's a bunch of still image panoramas and not fully 3D but it is an extremely excellent point and click adventure title as well as one of the more effective suspense/horror titles available on the platform.
until the end cutscene lol

Since I got three :pinkhearts: when I crafted the offspring fling! badge and they each sold for over a dollar I'm feeling generous.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Retro Grade -- MB-34E433BA69C655C8 - Taken by Jiggaloboy

I had this happen after buying a shit ton of older Tomb Raider games. Only way I could buy anything else was to buy on my alt account and wait for the "cooldown" on my main.

Shit, so there's no way other than wait (cause I don't any other account), I hope that in a couple of hours I can buy the only game left I want to buy!

Thanks bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom