• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's been fun, Steam sale. Dammit, why did I go into this topic? Just bought the Legacy of Kain collection...that's about all I can manage now...

Fun story: Haven't done much this sale....went on vacation and tried to buy Mirror's Edge via PayPal through Steam on my phone.....PayPal flagged it as potential fraud, locked down my account, and because of this, Steam has disabled purchasing on my Steam account...-_-;

Tellaerin

Spiritual successor?

bad-bots.jpg

Oh crap. Modbot's been infected with Bad Rats.

Salsa

for those who dont really want any more stuff and are spending money just cause, remember it might be better to save it:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Feeling pretty satisfied. Nothing left on my wishlist is more than 50% off, so I'd say it was a pretty good sale. :)

My god guys, Chivalry is amazing! most fun i've had in a multiplayer game in years.
Only disappointing thing is I seem to be the only one shouting constantly.

A useful list might be "Games that are getting cards". I think these games are getting cards at some stage?

* Thomas was alone
* Hearts of Iron 3
* Europa Universalis 3
* Dungeonland
* Impire
* Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
* Leviathan: Warships
* March of the Eagles
* Sengoku
* Warlock: Master of the Arcane
* Victoria II
* Sequence (Gaf post?)

Did they ever fix or make Stronghold 3 worthwhile?

Nah

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
A useful list might be "Games that are getting cards". I think these games are getting cards at some stage?

* Thomas was alone
* Hearts of Iron 3
* Europa Universalis 3
* Dungeonland
* Impire
* Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
* Leviathan: Warships
* March of the Eagles
* Sengoku
* Warlock: Master of the Arcane
* Victoria II
* Sequence (Gaf post?)

Buying all of the Paradox Grand Strategy games pays off at last!

cicero

Worms Armageddon - $3.74 (75% off)
EgP1whs.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217200/

Don't be fooled by the cute charming art and worm characters, this is a sophisticated artillery strategy game. This also happens to be the best Worms game ever, bar none. This sale is the cheapest this game has every been on Steam. If you are interested, I would buy it today. I did.

Nexus - The Jupiter Incident - $3.49 (65% off)
HsQ1ARG.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6420/

This is a real-time strategy/capital ship combat Space sim, or what the creators refer to it as, a "Tactical Fleet Simulation". The focus is on tactics and ship management rather than resource management. I have been touting this game for a number of Steam sales now, and while it is slightly more expensive than the last Steam sale, and even though it has a bit of a learning curve, it is worth the money and effort.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibViWr9cAWw

Syberia Bundle - $3.74 (75% off)
ZlF6Roy.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8224/

The Syberia series are both gems of point-and-click adventure games and well worth the cost of this bundle.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Worms Armageddon - $3.74 (75% off)

Nexus - The Jupiter Incident - $3.49 (65% off)

Syberia Bundle - $3.74 (75% off)

All of the links to the store pages you've had in these posts are broken, they just try to load the url "link". Inciteful posts though, absolutely agree that Syberia is worth any adventure gamers' time.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
TF2 key market seems to have recovered so I'm trying to sell off my keys and people are doing their damnedest to tank it again but undercutting everyone by 20 cents. Plus the market is so slow and won't even list my items. Gah.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
We could jump off of this bridge together! :D

I genuinely want to buy this game because I'm a sucker for these simulation/manager games... but man, $20 for an incomplete indie game... blahhh...

I just bought, like, 7 Steam games for $20. I don't know man.

OrangeOak

Curleh Mustache West Coast Tournamnet for Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Marn vs F Champ.

Curleh Mustache West 2. Guy on the right is a bonafide troll, was in the middle of doing a kill combo with Zero in Marvel 3. Pans to the guy on the left, a heel of the fighting game community.

Thank you very much! I just needed to know the context behind this.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I genuinely want to buy this game because I'm a sucker for these simulation/manager games... but man, $20 for an incomplete indie game... blahhh...

Same, i want to buy it, but i'm not sure i want it for the price they are asking right now.

Koroviev

I have had a soft spot for 'early access' games ever since I got hooked on Minecraft....I mean, I've paid $40-$60 for AAA games that I hardly ever play, but I paid roughly ~$15 each for Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program, and I've gleaned a lot more enjoyment from them. Plus, the Prison Architect guys seem like really cool dudes.

The_Monk

Going to battle against my sleep and keep myself awake until the last Community Vote. Hope that my good fellow GAFfers can help me and keep me company fighting my sleep until the hour arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom