• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGerbils

I know a bunch of people that had performance issues, but I ended up running it in a window and got really nice results.

K cool thanks. I figure a lot of the complaints I read online are from when Red Faction Guerilla came out, and a nice modern machine will probably do fine even if its not the most optimized.

Under the Ocean, Grid, Dredmor complete, fallout complete, gal civ complete for under $12?

Not to bad last day. Hoping for some solid flash sales to finish off the sale.

Salsa

i5ywF80LvyXkv.PNG

missed it

congrats luv

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is this stupid Prison Architect game actually any good? It feels wrong paying $20 during a steam sale for an indie game that isn't even completed.

Unless something good comes up later today my last purchase will be Gnomoria. Was waiting for Rogue Legacy, but that doesnt seem likely anymore :( Oh well maybe next sale.

Meanwhile on Twitter, it appears that "wait for the last day unless it's on Daily Deal" might have finally sunk in to a portion of the Steam community. This is how much money Analogue has made:
BPuQep7CAAA9p-2.png:large

(presumably the right hand axis is money per hour. Because if it was money per minute, that'll be absolutely bananas.)

I skimmed over the thread so perhaps it was posted, and likewise I'm sure a lot of people have probably played it before (either on iOS, the Wii or PC) but World of Goo is €2.24 and is a very enjoyable puzzle game with an incredible soundtrack. I'm unsure of the total length (as I've only finished the iOS version over time despite owning the Steam version too so I don't know an accurate estimate) but I'd guess perhaps four to eight hours to finish it (depending on your apptitude of such a game of course, it could be shorter or longer but I'd imagine that is the 'standard). It has some absolutely brutal 'OCD' challenges however where you must beat the puzzles in a time frame, move limit or with a certain amount of goo balls remaining.

Here's a trailer for it if you've any interestt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A_JfkzPwww

Oh and did I mention the amazing soundtrack? Because it really is quite diverse. This is just a small selection too!

EDIT: Reposting this from a previous thread where they were unclaimed, hope it doesn't make a difference:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-3504C4D252EC1CBA
Oil Rush -- MB-6CD6DBD6C46DF2FF
They aren't the best games I know but hopefully somebody gets some use out of them.

Salsa

I might charge $5 more into my card tomorrow morning (deals wont have ended yet) to get Inversion

I feel like playing something super stupid

is that wrong

DukeBobby

I might charge $5 more into my card tomorrow morning (deals wont have ended yet) to get Inversion

is that wrong

Y'know, I've had Inversion in my basket plenty of times during this sale, but I've yet to buy it.

I know it's a generic 3rd person shooter, but It intrigues me somehow.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is there a Civilization IV complete upgrade path once you have Civ IV?

I got it from the Brave New World Snafu but I don't see an upgrade option...

derExperte

Meanwhile on Twitter, it appears that "wait for the last day unless it's on Daily Deal" might have finally sunk in to a portion of the Steam community. This is how much money Analogue has made:
BPuQep7CAAA9p-2.png:large

(presumably the right hand axis is money per hour. Because if it was money per minute, that'll be absolutely bananas.)

More people buying Thomas Was Alone (and Analogue of course) makes me happy.

derExperte

Y'know, I've had Inversion in my basket plenty of times during this sale, but I've yet to buy it.

I know it's a generic 3rd person shooter, but It intrigues me somehow.

Trust me, it's not generic. The first hour is the worst part and it may not look like something special but then it gets crazier and crazier.

I bet it's like Binary Domain but bad

I liked it about as much as BD, deserves way more love from GAF.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

is that wrong

That's precisely the reason I bought Crash Time III during the last sale. I regret nothing.

Not sure if I should sell my summer cards or hold off and sell them later. Worried Valve is going to turn them into Half-Life Source coupons.

Dacvak

Okay this has to be the fourth time this has happened during this sale. I've been debating over getting Tomb Raider for a few hours. Even watched some youtube videos to see if I'd like it. Finally, I'm like, "alright... twelve bucks, I'll pull the trigger."

Go to add it to my cart,

"You already own Tomb Raider. PLAY NOW."

derExperte

Hmm, I might have to get it now.

I'll sleep on it.

I wrote this a few days ago:

Why isn't Inversion a bigger thing on GAF while everyone loves (for example) Binary Domain? Sure, the beginning isn't all that great but the game gets craaaaazyyyy. Not going to spoil anything but the last third is just one amazing sequence after another. And damn are some of the weapons brutal, everyone's screaming and losing limbs around me. Glad I finally picked it up. Only problem is that it crashes to desktop from time to time.

Another minor nitpick: While the difficulty on normal is relatively low two or three fights towards the end were a little too difficult imo.

Acccent

Is there a page somewhere that lists all the games that have been dailies, flash sales, community choices and/or in the community vote but didn't win?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

antitrop

Okay this has to be the fourth time this has happened during this sale. I've been debating over getting Tomb Raider for a few hours. Even watched some youtube videos to see if I'd like it. Finally, I'm like, "alright... twelve bucks, I'll pull the trigger."

Go to add it to my cart,

"You already own Tomb Raider. PLAY NOW."
You drink a lot?

Just woke up, WTF @ Dragon's Lair winning the Community Vote. I really hope KR0 gets a Flash Sale. What were the percentages? And what did I miss, besides this new thread?

Also, I finally crafted the FTL badge last night! Thanks to the gaffers who traded cards with me.

Just woke up, WTF @ Dragon's Lair winning the Community Vote. I really hope KR0 gets a Flash Sale. What were the percentages? And what did I miss, besides this new thread?

Also, I finally crafted the FTL badge last night! Thanks to the gaffers who traded cards with me.

The percentages were extremely close 35/32/33

Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom