• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternia

TF2 key market seems to have recovered so I'm trying to sell off my keys and people are doing their damnedest to tank it again but undercutting everyone by 20 cents. Plus the market is so slow and won't even list my items. Gah.
What if I wanted cheap keys? :p

Do Steam keys expire? I just realized I have a spare key for the first Humble Bundle I got by buying the second one that I never did anything with.

DukeBobby

is Kayne & Lynch 2 worth my time at all?

It's £2.71..

Yes. Many people will disagree with me, though.

I thought it was a very underrated shooter with great aesthetics and sound. Gunplay is fairly average, but it's enjoyable enough.

However, it is very short, lasting 4-5 hours.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Do Steam keys expire? I just realized I have a spare key for the first Humble Bundle I got by buying the second one that I never did anything with.

Nope, the only time it can ever expire is if it is for a limited-time item like a beta or something.

I thought it was a very underrated shooter with great aesthetics and sound. Gunplay is fairly average, but it's enjoyable enough.

No disagreements from me. K&L2 is one of my favorite shooters this gen despite its shotgun-blast length. It's rather potent 12 gauge fuckshot. Multi was excellent too, back when it worked. I really hoped that IO would continue to iterate until it caught on :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So is The Cave worth getting? I remember reading some negative impressions on it.

I played it on PS3 and had a great time with it. I don't really play games like it, so my impressions may be worthless to an adventure game connoisseur.

Bumhead

Banned
It's pretty fun, just a couple of hours long though.

However, it is very short, lasting 4-5 hours.

Good enough for me, cheers guys. The length is something I was sort of aware of beforehand but if anything just means I'm more likely to actually play it through and get my monies worth.

Deitus

Well, I'm not seeing anything else that stands out at me. I guess I'm done for this sale.

All told, I got a pretty good haul, but I'm sad to see the sale go. Oh well, there's always winter.

Tellaerin

Okay, silly question. I have something I purchased as a gift. How do I convert this into a key for Modbot to give away? Is there an easy way to do that, or should I just go the "first person to quote me gets it" route?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Imma ask again: Is there a CIV IV "complete" upgrade if you have regular CIV IV?

The page don't show it, but I don't have the game. I do have the Gift that was given because of the Brave New World Snafu.

Card Boy

Banned
header_292x136.jpg

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club

-50% off @ $3.99

header_292x136.jpg

Fortune Summoners
-75% off @ $4.99

header_292x136.jpg

Death Rally (By Remedy)

-75% off @ $2.49

header_292x136.jpg

To the Moon

-70% off @ $2.99

header_292x136.jpg

Galaxy on Fire 2™ Full HD

-75% off @ $4.99

header_292x136.jpg

Nation Red
-80% off @ $1.99

wilflare

if anyone still needs help with USD prices, I'm on now. just woke up.

ahh. the only things that I really want now
Dark Souls
Bioshock Infinite
Chivalry
Sonic Transformed

but they would go cheaper... right?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Okay, silly question. I have something I purchased as a gift. How do I convert this into a key for Modbot to give away? Is there an easy way to do that, or should I just go the "first person to quote me gets it" route?

View the game in your inventory, click "Send Gift", then choose the email option. Email it to yourself. In the email you'll see two buttons near the bottom that says "Yes I have steam" and something else. Copy the URL that the Yes button has, which should have something like "gift/ack=" in the URL. When you construct the email to modbot, paste the URL there instead of where the key would go, but remove everything after the ? in the last part of the URL including the ?.

chugen

header_292x136.jpg

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
-50% off @ $3.99

header_292x136.jpg

Fortune Summoners
-75% off @ $4.99

header_92x136.jpg

Death Rally (By Remedy)
-75% off @ $2.49

header_292x136.jpg

To the Moon
-70% off @ $2.99

header_292x136.jpg

Galaxy on Fire 2™ Full HD
-75% off @ $4.99

ah thanks much better :p

cicero

All of the links to the store pages you've had in these posts are broken, they just try to load the url "link". Inciteful posts though, absolutely agree that Syberia is worth any adventure gamers' time.
Thanks for the heads up, fixed. I was using the Toma format and hadn't checked to see if they worked.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I have had a soft spot for 'early access' games ever since I got hooked on Minecraft....I mean, I've paid $40-$60 for AAA games that I hardly ever play, but I paid roughly ~$15 each for Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program, and I've gleaned a lot more enjoyment from them. Plus, the Prison Architect guys seem like really cool dudes.

Has anyone on GAF bought this yet? I haven't heard any real-world impressions. I could be talked into this, though.

pahamrick

Have some sale cards if anyone is looking for them to complete their badges.

Chivalry
Torchlight II
Prison Architect
Tomb Raider x2

Toss me a PM if you need any of em, don't mind giving em away but wouldn't say no to trading for a game.

Amzin

So is Euro Truck Sim 2 or whatever it's called worth it for someone who just wants to drive around the different cities and explore, or is there something better for that? (Google Maps for instance). For $4 from Dunder I'm tempted to buy it but I really just want to see the cities... dreams of visiting Europe but way too poor to do it for at least a few years :p

legacyzero

Banned
OK OK. I broke down and bought Chivalry. Now I need to figure out these controls...

Also, I'm really digging Sword of the Stars: The Pit. I need more games like this and FTL.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Are the last flash slaes going up at 5Am EST like before?

chugen

I got the game on my iPad, its very easy to get into. Like Strike Suit Zero, don't go in expecting an amazing story though.

thanks and thanks Dimitri2401, i think i will pass on this one. FTL may be enough space for the moment.

OK OK. I broke down and bought Chivalry. Now I need to figure out these controls...

Also, I'm really digging Sword of the Stars: The Pit. I need more games like this and FTL.

press C. now press it again. and again.

I'm still hoping for a LucasArts Adventure Pack and a Vampire Bloodlines flash sale, and I know I'll be disappointed...

thanks and thanks Dimitri2401, i think i will pass on this one. FTL may be enough space for the moment.

If you want something in space, get one of the X3 games. They are really good, but the learning curve is really steep.

Koroviev

Has anyone on GAF bought this yet? I haven't heard any real-world impressions. I could be talked into this, though.

My sister has played for seven hours since last night.

I know I'm going to cave, but I feel that it would be a missed opportunity if I didn't drag other people down with me. ;)

GAF, sell me on La-Mulana.

Godlike soundtrack. I put in about 30 hours in my first run. Some bosses are pretty tough. Very obscure puzzle. They are hints but think hard to solve and progress if you don't have the patience. I believe this game was created before the internet happen and you had to figure out things on your own. In that respect, it can be really rewarding if you manage to solve things on your own. If you get stuck though, I wouldn't be afraid of using those wikis.

The exploration is nice. 2D side scroller Metroidvania style.

This is kind of an odd question, but how do you save/quit in Dark Souls since there is no pause menu?

The game uses auto save, just quit out properly using the exit to main menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom