• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have $3 left in my wallet, and I'm waffling between Cart Life or To The Moon...Anyone want to sell me on one over the other?

Course what I really want is Rogue Legacy but that's about $9 over my budget...

xBlain

Can anyone see my 2 Elizabeth Cards on the marketplace for 30cents?
I've added them 6 hours ago but they still haven't appeared for me..
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/Elizabeth

My avatar
hrZ1O2l.png

Weens

Neo Member
Godlike soundtrack. I put in about 30 hours in my first run. Some bosses are pretty tough. Very obscure puzzle. They are hints but think hard to solve and progress if you don't have the patience. I believe this game was created before the internet happen and you had to figure out things on your own. In that respect, it can be really rewarding if you manage to solve things on your own. If you get stuck though, I wouldn't be afraid of using those wikis.

The exploration is nice. 2D side scroller Metroidvania style.

The game uses auto save, just quit out properly using the exit to main menu.

Thank you, sounds awesome.

Still crossing fingers for the last two flash sales, but will grab it later if not.

Damn it, thanks to this thread, I now have The Basement Collection, Defy Gravity, and Pineapple Smash Crew in my cart

Any impressions?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
More people play this wonderful game.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Life 3 (okay it's FTL) -- MB-AD5B2AB0E01AED1F - Taken by xBlain

The thread title inspired me. Thanks for all the congrats people.

Now, how long will it take to go to 3K? (are there even 3000 games on Steam?)

I have $3 left in my wallet, and I'm waffling between Cart Life or To The Moon...Anyone want to sell me on one over the other?

To The Moon isn't really a game, it's more an interactive story, and it's a truly touching one. You might even shed a tear.

To The Moon has an absolutely stellar soundtrack and a great and memorable story.

If you can look past the RPG Maker aesthetics and one-time-through lack of replay value you'll find a real gem with planned sequels in the making.

Weens

Neo Member

I thought for the whole sale that Cart Life was a joke/metaphor about the Steam Sale meta-game. I didn't realise until his morning it was an actual title.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Now, how long will it take to go to 3K? (are there even 3000 games on Steam?)

A full store list right now gives 2064 results (some are not yet released), minus a few duplicates + a bunch of unavailable titles (~200)--the highest number of owned games I've seen is 2181 right now.

The_Monk

You can't go wrong with either, but I would say To the Moon is the better choice. It's a very emotional experience that you won't soon forget.

I agree with this good fellow GAFfer, took me 3-4 hours to finish it but it was a great Story to be honest. Not many gameplay elements, sure, but I kept playing for the Story itself.

It also have an amazing soundtrack. Love the Piano tunes.

espher

All I bought in this sale was Scribblenauts.

My backlog is so large that I actually turned down fantastic deals on games I wanted because they'll probably be cheaper and/or on sale again by the time I get around to having time to play them.

I feel kind of sad.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Toothpick

Sold a booster pack for $2 and an emoticon for $1. Used the funds to get my first level 5 badge haha.

Cards and trading is fun but I'm not planning on buying anymore until the next steam sale. I assume prices will be quite high from now until the next sale.

derExperte

Thanks,this is really great suggestion but I already beated it :)

Damn. I think most of the Lego games can be played together but the prices on Steam right now aren't the best, you could have gotten them much cheaper. Maybe The Cave? A flash deal right now, don't know how good the coop works though, never tried myself.

To The Moon isn't really a game, it's more an interactive story, and it's a truly touching one. You might even shed a tear.

To The Moon has an absolutely stellar soundtrack and a great and memorable story.

If you can look past the RPG Maker aesthetics and one-time-through lack of replay value you'll find a real gem with planned sequels in the making.

You can't go wrong with either, but I would say To the Moon is the better choice. It's a very emotional experience that you won't soon forget.

I agree with this good fellow GAFfer, took me 3-4 hours to finish it but it was a great Story to be honest. Not many gameplay elements, sure, but I kept playing for the Story itself.

It also have an amazing soundtrack. Love the Piano tunes.

To The Moon it is! Thanks for the impressions guys!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Sold a booster pack for $2 and an emoticon for $1. Used the funds to get my first level 5 badge haha.

Cards and trading is fun but I'm not planning on buying anymore until the next steam sale. I assume prices will be quite high from now until the next sale.

Who in the hell pays $1 for an emoticon?
What emoticon?

As much as I want Kerbal, I don't know if I can justify paying to test the game for them.

Exactly how I feel about Prison Architect. There's just something so fundamentally wrong about paying $30 for an alpha - and that people seem to support this model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom