• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JawzPause

Bought Civ V last night and I've already put over 9 hours into it...
tumblr_mdanra7zrb1refr1ho1_500.gif

Are you sure you want it that much? I got the PS3 version for about $6, wasn't particularly impressed.

I know, I rented it on 360 when it came out and I wasn't that impressed either, but for some odd reason I feel like giving it another try on PC, which I would gladly pay $5 for the opportunity to do so.

I'm going to get Crusader Kings 2 today. Game seems like a time suck but it looks like way too good a deal at 40 bucks for the CK2 collection.

I'm probably going to buy Civ V too. I'll leave my house by 2014.

I just installed Steam today and I'm starting to really enjoy PC gaming again. I bought a bunch of Bioware titles on GOG a few months ago and am starting to come back to PC gaming again. My laptop will hopefully hold up with all of these.

My haul:

Patricians and Merchants
Expeditions: Conquistador
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Kane and Lynch 2 - Dog Days
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Dishonored
Dishonored - Void Walkers Arsenal DLC
Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials
Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC
The Secret World x2 (one for me, one for my gf)
Sleeping Dogs
God Mode
Dark Souls
Hotline Miami
Avadon: The Black Fortress
The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn DLC
Skyrim - Dawnguard

I... I think I need to stop now...

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Thinking about grabbing Blackwell. Loved Gemini Rue and Primordia, Resonance was decent. Only thing that stops me is that I think the reason I enjoyed Gemini and Primordia was the sci-fi settings. Blackwell looks kinda Twilight Zoney which could be cool.

Tellaerin

I would've done this hours ago, but I was a few cents shy and had to wait for one of my cards to sell. >.> The market is sloooow today.

I think I did this right - let me know if it doesn't work. It's nothing big, but hopefully someone here will get some enjoyment out if it.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fallout 2 -- MB-C6784493C87F8366 - Taken by Nymphae

Nymphae

Banned
I would've done this hours ago, but I was a few cents shy and had to wait for one of my cards to sell. >.> The market is sloooow today.

I think I did this right - let me know if it doesn't work. It's nothing big, but hopefully someone here will get some enjoyment out if it.

Yay, thank you sir!

Let's see... What was my haul for this sale.

Walking Dead
Surgeon Simulator
Borderlands 2
SimCity 4 Deluxe
Fallout New Vegas
Torchlight 2
Civ IV
Dark Souls
Kerbal Space Program
To the Moon

And sold ~$13 worth of cards.

So is there a consensus on Kerbal Space Program? Looks intriguing as hell but in true cheap-ass fashion the price is a tad steep for me.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So is there a consensus on Kerbal Space Program? Looks intriguing as hell but in true cheap-ass fashion the price is a tad steep for me.

Really challenging and interesting game. When I say it's challenging I mean it. You won't know wtf you are doing or how to do it, but when you finally accomplish it, it is a very satisfying feeling. There is some basic tutorials in the game, but for the most part, you will have to go to youtube to learn things. Or learn through trial and error.

Right now, there isn't any structure to the game, it is a sandbox and you pick what you want to do. You could built the most crazy looking rocket, or you can try and land on the Moon. It's really up to you.

At some point, they will add career mode and missions apparently. Overall though, I recommend it if you like to tinker with things and experiment.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Had an extra in my inventory. I figured someone may have missed out earlier.
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause -- MB-2BE8A3EF795B9C4C - Taken by xBlain

Caerith

Thinking about grabbing Blackwell. Loved Gemini Rue and Primordia, Resonance was decent. Only thing that stops me is that I think the reason I enjoyed Gemini and Primordia was the sci-fi settings. Blackwell looks kinda Twilight Zoney which could be cool.
Blackwell is a ghost story, not really Twilight Zoney. Don't forget Emerald City Confidential.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Steam genre categories are so fucked up.

Browse Steam under the "adventure" category. You'd expect to see point and click adventures, possibly action RPGs with a focus on adventure, and maybe Tomb Raider-esque third person platformer-shooters with adventure stuff, right?

This is a racing game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207190/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

This is a series of side-scrolling shoot-em-ups:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/92200/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

This is a poker game, possibly with some sort of city-building sim element:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70200/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3

This is a platformer:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207000/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_4

This is a beat-em-up:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204360/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_5

I have no idea what this is but it is clearly not an adventure game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/23130/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

These are not adventure games.

Was really hoping STALKER, Ghost Recon, Wolfenstein and Splinter Cell would go on sale. Sadly none of them did (excluding the regular 30% off). Those series have been on deeper discounts almost every previous sale.

This sale has been very odd, the same handful of games constantly going on sale and no developer/publisher packs being advertised anywhere.

For those on the fence this is a really good introduction to Kerbal Space Program that I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KcgITy4Op4

The game isnt finished yet so of course some things are rough and they havent actually implemented any mission into the game yet. But the early access price gets you in at a cheaper price point. The game looks like a lot of fun and if I'd have had the money I definitely would have jumped on this game.

Edit: And that video is from January so I'm sure it has further improved since then.

Nymphae

Banned
Good luck!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Fallout 3 -- MB-8BA5779CAD32A858 - Taken by Natty1

Kangi

Made it through the whole Steam sale and "only" bought two copies of AoE III for a friend and myself, NightSky, and the Deus Ex expansion for a friend.

I really should've bought Scribblenauts for myself, though. Shame I missed out on that twice. Maybe it'll be in one of the last flash sales.

Stoze

I bought like 8 cheap ass indie games for $17, I'll probably end up seeing them in humble bundles before I even get around to playing them all. Oh well.

oipic

Was really hoping STALKER, Ghost Recon, Wolfenstein and Splinter Cell would go on sale. Sadly none of them did (excluding the regular 30% off). Those series have been on deeper discounts almost every previous sale.

This sale has been very odd, the same handful of games constantly going on sale and no developer/publisher packs being advertised anywhere.

Yep, it was strange indeed, and strayed a little from the usual sale formula. The Prince of Persia and Dead Space franchises are another two sale regulars that missed out entirely this time (just when I might've snaffled them, too, of course!).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Exactly how I feel about Prison Architect. There's just something so fundamentally wrong about paying $30 for an alpha - and that people seem to support this model.

I agree...I was interested when we found out it would be part of the sale but that price is just way too much.

Sorian

Banned
So, is it fair to think that KR0 is going to be a flahs sale in one of these last two? It showed up in a vote so they are willing to do that price, any chance at all?

Eternia

I'm going to get Crusader Kings 2 today. Game seems like a time suck but it looks like way too good a deal at 40 bucks for the CK2 collection.

I'm probably going to buy Civ V too. I'll leave my house by 2014.

I just installed Steam today and I'm starting to really enjoy PC gaming again. I bought a bunch of Bioware titles on GOG a few months ago and am starting to come back to PC gaming again. My laptop will hopefully hold up with all of these.
Crusader Kings 2 goes on sale quite often though, that's a considerable amount of savings that you could be passing up. You could grab just Civilization V for now to tide you over until the next sale.

Kimaka

What are the best DLCs for Fallout: New Vegas? I might just get the Ultimate Edition since that looks cheaper but I'm afraid it might screw up or something since I own the base game.

NoPiece

Anyone have anything to say about the PC port of Red Faction Guerilla? I'm reading mixed things online.

Buy it - it is awesome! Plays great on PC and has good controller support. One of my favorite games of the last generation, and PC is the best place to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom