• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a Steam Trading Card junkie, just bought like 30 cards.

NbvE0Ef.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
To get the alternate plot path in Gunpoint, I erased my main save and went through the whole game again. This time I've completed all of the stages up to the final stage without hurting anyone at all. I'm ultimately going to try to get all A+ all non-violent but I'm not quite there yet. Now, how the hell do I do the final stage without hurting anyone?

Man I'm feeling a little sad right now. I'm gonna miss the steam sale. I love checking everyday to see all the new deals. I love seeing all the crazy giveaways in this thread. I'm just sad to see it all go away. Well I guess there is still the daily deals, midweek deals, and weekend deals but it's just not the same. Also are there still weekly deals? It seems like those have disappeared.

There's another one in six months already, once you've seen two steam sales you have nothing left to buy really, except maybe the odd newer game that might interest you.

~Kinggi~

Banned
There's another one in six months already, once you've seen two steam sales you have nothing left to buy really, except maybe the odd newer game that might interest you.

Well, this isnt really true. Ive been doing steam sales for years, and spent hundreds this time on interesting games. There are a lot of good games on steam.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

False. This is my third sale and I have spent another $80. And only because I had a budget this time around.

If you've crafted a badge to level 5 can you get all the cards for the set again to get a summer card, profile background, and emoticon?

Edit: Looks like the answer is "No"

zkylon

zkylewd
happy with my haul, think this'll be it:

• shatter
  • i am alive
  • system shock 2
  • the swapper
  • dishonored dlc
  • gunpoint
  • monaco
  • scribblenauts unlimited (thanks seph!)
  • la-mulana (thanks dizzy!)

and a bunch of gifts for random people

card money, I thank thee most of all

Deitus

Well, this isnt really true. Ive been doing steam sales for years, and spent hundreds this time on interesting games. There are a lot of good games on steam.

Agreed. I've been through a bunch of sales already, and I still bought tons of games this sale. Hell, more than half of the games I bought this sale weren't even out (on Steam) during the last sale, so the claim that there's nothing to buy after your first few sales just doesn't hold up.

Still, it's never quite as special as your first sale.

There is a demo isn't there? But this is stated in the requirements.

Edit: somehow missed you said you saw that. I think the best thing you can do is either find someone with your exact model running the game, or try the demo.
I'm on vacation, no laptop so I can't try the demo.

Cross-posting from the "Haul" thread.

I managed a great haul this sale, shared between myself, my partner and his brother. First time sale for them so most of my wallet went towards fulfilling their wishlist as opposed to mine. BIG BIG thanks to everyone who contributed recommendations/suggestions towards establishing their Steam libraries. If I had more money, I'd have bought more of the quality titles everyone put forward. Thanks so much, love you guys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still mad at Ubisoft for not putting Shades of Darkness into the Might & Magic franchise pack.

I had to go the more expensive route with the Might & Magic games when they were on sale earlier in the year as Ubi is hopelessly inconsistent when it comes to including DDEs within franchise packs.

I'm closer to this opinion. I've been on Steam pretty much from the start and only the first sale did I go absolutely crazy. Got almost everything I ever wanted through Steam and after that I've just been picking at the scraps waiting for new releases to hit around the $5 mark.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I got a Bioshock Infinite foil from crafting the summer sale badge. Would it be smarter to wait or sell it now? Current value is about $2.30, but I see that a few sold for over $10 when the sale started.

Eternia

Carpe Fulgar Collection for $12.50

Recettear, Chantelise, and Fortune Summoners.

Yea or Nay?

Or just get Recettear for $8?
I think Fortune Summoners alone is worth the extra $5 if you're already considering Recettear. I thought it had a nice combat system that provided a lot of abilities for you to use for essentially any situation. It's party-based with three characters (melee, healer, mage) where you control one member while the AI handles the rest (if any). A lot of moves are very deliberate so you'll have to time your attacks based on the skill and enemy otherwise you'll die quite quickly. Once you have a full group wrecking everything in their path is when the game really shines.

There are some complaints that may make you hate the game greatly. Movement is extremely loose and slippery. Combine that with enemies (even flying ones) and platforming and you'll be quickly smashing monitors. Your characters have a tendency to get knocked down and be possibly inflicted with a daze effect after getting hit repeatedly. One last thing I didn't like was the forced solo segments with different characters. Since the style between them differ greatly, it's a huge adjustment.

If you can handle those issues, it's a pretty fun 25 hour game.

I never played Chantelise so I can't say much there. Also I think all 3 games have a demo so you could quickly try them out.

Acorn

I have like 15 cards (dupes mostly), Here's hoping it isn't made into shitty vouchers after the sale and that the laws of supply and demand exist on the market.

JaseC

I got a Bioshock Infinite foil from crafting the summer sale badge. Would it be smarter to wait or sell it now? Current value is about $2.30, but I see that a few sold for over $10 when the sale started.

All the Summer Sale foils are worth less than $2, so I'd hang on to it and see how the market is later down the track: once the sale is over, the Summer Sale cards will no longer drop, so there'll be a finite supply.

Minerva's Den isn't on Steam..?

Not yet, at least. It may be coming to Steam alongside Bio2's Steamworks achievements.

Deitus

That's because the card was brand new back then and a market had not been established. There is little chance of it ever going back up that high, short of Valve seriously reworking how drops work to limit supply.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you were talking about a foil from the Bioshock Infinite card set, not a summer sale card. Yeah, those will probably go up a bit eventually, but not to 10 bucks.

Okay, last time I promise. But you know, Sale ends soon and I'd like to get Rochard while it's discounted. If anything, I'll get Receiver instead

Anyone? Would like an opinion before the Sale ends.
Also it says integrated graphics not supported but on Steam forums and other forums, people have said they can play on integrated. So what would I believe?
One last impulse buy before the Sale is over: Rochard or Receiver?

Also will Rochard run on Intel HD Graphics 2000? I know my other specs are good, not sure about the GPU

JaseC

That's because the card was brand new back then and a market had not been established. There is little chance of it ever going back up that high, short of Valve seriously reworking how drops work to limit supply.

It's a Summer Sale BioInf foil, not a general BioInf foil.

Edit: Ah, you noticed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom