• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to buy Kerbal Space Program, because It sounded amazing on the Quicklook, so I downloaded the demo and... man, I think the demo itself will be enough for me for a WHILE.

I'm really amazed about how this game behaves itself, but it's a little on the crazy side.

I can't even get to the goddamn orbit, but after doing the tutorials, I think I know what I did wrong.

Still, game is pretty amazing. I just don't know I have what it takes to play it properly.

You should have bought it, the game is amazing, the demo is an older build. Seriously I've wasted over 50 hours building rockets that rarely function as intended and it's some of the most fun I've had.

Slygmous

I'm kinda on the fence about that big Worms pack. I loved the hell out of Worms Armageddon years ago, is $22 worth getting that along with the newer titles and their DLC?

I don't know if Worms Revolution is even any good, it seemed to disappear after it was announced.

hitmon

You should have bought it, the game is amazing, the demo is an older build. Seriously I've wasted over 50 hours building rockets that rarely function as intended and it's some of the most fun I've had.

Is there a more robust tutorial in the paid version?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I played the shit out of Trials hd and evolution on 360 and have already finished all the tracks at least one on the pc version. The performance is shit, but I am a whore fit trials.

bakeray

I wanted to buy Kerbal Space Program, because It sounded amazing on the Quicklook, so I downloaded the demo and... man, I think the demo itself will be enough for me for a WHILE.

I'm really amazed about how this game behaves itself, but it's a little on the crazy side.

I can't even get to the goddamn orbit, but after doing the tutorials, I think I know what I did wrong.

Still, game is pretty amazing. I just don't know I have what it takes to play it properly.

I don't see how you motherfuckers will Stream since last time I was the one that Streamed Castle Crashers because none of you could, and I didn't buy Trials so I can't join it and.....

Ohhhhhh, i see how it is...
Grief is taking his Flomax so we don't have to worry about a weak stream anymore. lulz

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Still too expensive, and I feel I can grab the basics on the Demo.

If I just wanted to build crazy contraptions, I should just play my copy of Nuts and Bolts!

But yes, Kerbal is amazing. I'll go over the demo a couple more times. I'm mostly having issues with the controls and how to parse the information on the Map screen...

Grief is taking his Flomax so we don't have to worry about a weak stream anymore. lulz

Good, because Streaming to Twitch servers that are overseas is never a good idea anyway. Also, next time, I probably won't download OBS and re-do everything in 10 minutes because I forgot I had uninstalled it and it'll prolly be a better Stream as well. :D

wilflare

slapping myself for missing the IndieFort Bundle and Indie Gala bundle
it has Wanderlust and Zombie Driver HD
cards cards cards

I wonder what interesting things Valve will come up with to get more cents for themselves

Stimpack

It's really pathetic that with the money I spent on garbage I could have bought Arma II: CO, but I know if I did they would turn around and release the standalone the week after. Ugh, let this Steam sale be over already!

Tellaerin

You know, I posted this in the previous thread for the day crew, but I think I've probably spent the most time BS'ing with you mofos in the dead of night (well, at least that's the hour here now), so I'm just going to quote myself now and hope you'll forgive me for getting all sentimental. :p

Tellaerin said:
I'm going to miss this thread when the sale's over.

The giveaways were nice (and some of you guys are incredibly generous), but the main thing that I'm going to miss is just hanging out and BS'ing with everybody. No debating, no contentious bullshit (for the most part), just folks talking and playing games and more or less getting along. This sale fell on a week where I was stuck in front of the PC in the summer heat, crunching on a project, and hanging out talking in the sale threads helped keep me sane.

Thanks, guys. You rock.

Papytendo

Morning GAF. I have spent $9.97 USD in the store so far, will I get a card? My last purchase was yesterday.
You need three more cents

buy bad rats for a card
You know, I posted this in the previous thread for the day crew, but I think I've probably spent the most time BS'ing with you mofos in the dead of night (well, at least that's the hour here now), so I'm just going to quote myself now and hope you'll forgive me for getting all sentimental. :p

*salute*

Stimpack

Also the original Fallout is now the game I've played most out of all of the games that I bought. I guess I should have seen this coming.

cards cards cards

I wonder what interesting things Valve will come up with to get more cents for themselves

The Indiefort Bundle had no Steam Key for Wanderlust.

"You have voted 32 times. Vote 1 more time to get a card."

Steam seal has turned me into a lab (bad?) rat, pushing the button for the pellet every time. WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!

Is there a more robust tutorial in the paid version?

Sadly no, it does have some tutorials/scenarios. In the tutorials it runs over building a simple ship and launching it and getting it to the moon(I think) , the scenarios set you up with a premade ship and give you some arbitrary task to complete. Neither really help you in getting up and running with unleashing your rocketry based creativity but it's very much a learn as you go sort of game.

Honestly the reason I recommend the full version is because of the work they've put into the editor since the demo, I always felt the editor in the demo impeded me greatly and it's much improved in the paid release. Not perfect but a lot better and less finnicky.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
cards cards cards

I missed the two recent Greenlight bundles thanks to the Summer Sale. :( Forgot all about them and by the time I'd remembered it was too late.

I need Kerbal. I'm also $10 short. It the full game is even half as good as the demo though, I think I'm ok with paying $22 for it in a month or so.

Salsa

No.

I just didn't want to sound like a jerk.

And I'm not gonna wait in line for 12 hours for the possibility of getting stabbed for the possibility that they show David Tennant as Rocket Raccoon.

YOU MISSED THE RACCOON ;_;

that shit's gonna be ant-man footage levels of reaching the internet like a year later

neoism

And done. I even managed to reach my goal despite spending a little less than I'd expected to!

isyAV0RH4z2aH.gif

u bought 400+ games didnt you have 1300 before the sale....

goddamn

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Sanctum 2. Any opinions? Yea or nay?

At launch I would have said be a little cautious of a few issues people (including myself) had taken with it, right now I would say "get right on it" because the devs addressed just about all of them. Better than 1 now imo.

rockx4

Morrowind better be on sale in the winter. Does it ever go on sale?

Steam used to do Franchise sales, it's weird that it didn't happen this time. Maybe it'll return in Winter. I don't see Steam doing daily\flash specifically for old games unless it's a bundle.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
1AS71zD.png

Giveaway #13: Don't say I didn't warn you...

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #9 -- MB-4961CA351C26466E - Taken by DamnTheMan
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-6C0F7D1ED702DE54 - Taken by Oublieux
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-1BA2EC542EDE1A04 - Taken by Tesseract
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-25B48E11928AA1AA - Taken by rockx4
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-071C2954409C2AF4 - Taken by monsterfracas
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-412E227FD64B63A4 - Taken by SalsaShark
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-3A3D6B738FDE64C8 - Taken by Kandrick
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-0C32327AEF99295F - Taken by Arthea
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-D0DE519CECFB2C0D - Taken by PriitV

ybJwNVz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.