• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Looks like The Ship still has the two activations thing:

Two Free Activations with Purchase
Purchase The Ship and receive two extra activations to send to your friends! Additionally, any user that receives a gift activation will be able to give one additional activation to a friend.

GAF could get a ship rollin

All-in-all not too shabby for my first sale.

All the Counter-Strike and Half-Life games
All the Deus Ex games
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Portal 1 & 2
Terraria (I have put 25+ hours into this game with my girlfriend)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Garry's Mod
System Shock 2

Plus a shit ton of gifts to friends. I never spent over $10 a game. I think I spent $45 in total this sale. I didn't get XCOM, Skyrim, or Tomb Raider for myself (I don't like to spend a lot on myself), but next time maybe.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Too lazy to do the whole send gift + modbot. So, if you want a copy of FTL: Faster Than Light (courtesy of Timedog), be the first to guess who my avatar is, and where it's from. Send me a PM with the answer so you don't spam this glorious thread.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
All I ever heard about the ship is how assassin's creed multiplayer basically was it. Is that true at all?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Blood Dragon - am I buying it? All I need is a couple of folks to validate my decision to purchase.
I don't like shooters, except for a few examples. I like Half-Life 2, kinda Borderlands and now Blood Dragon.

It's so crazy.
It's so good.
If you like eighties nonsense, crappy oneliners and lasers, like me, buy it.

Sure, why not. Go for it and don't look back.

Buy it. It looks amazing, especially if you can appreciate 80's sci-fi cheese. :D

I don't like shooters, except for a few examples. I like Half-Life 2, kinda Borderlands and now Blood Dragon.

It's so crazy.
It's so good.
If you like eighties nonsense, crapy oneliners and lasers, like me, buy it.

That's all I needed to hear! Headed to the cart now, thanks guys.

Just paying it forward.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-2ECB02BBF432E945 - Taken by NingenJanai
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-2E89877D7114AAAD - Taken by Kandrick

Due to some financial difficulties I couldn't participate with giving away this sale ( or buying anything for myself) like I usually do, sorry guys. Moving is damn expensive, that's for sure.

Oublieux

last minute sale cleanup - Last Remnant, yea or nay?

Mixed feelings... The Last Remnant's battle system is never explained very well in-game but is actually very deep once you understand the myriad of menu options and quirks that pop up. It's a bit marred by a really simple (childish?) plot and poor optimization of the Unreal engine on the developer's side (pop-in which can be mitigated by changing .ini files).

Stimpack

Mixed feelings... The Last Remnant's battle system is never explained very will in-game but is actually very deep once you understand the myriad of menu options and quirks that pop up. It's a bit marred by a really simple (childish?) plot and poor optimization of the Unreal engine on the developer's side (pop-in which can be mitigated by changing .ini files).

Most JRPGs nowadays have pretty lame plots/characters.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
You guy's are fast!
Those giveaway's go away in no time.

Arthea

last minute sale cleanup - Last Remnant, yea or nay?
yay and more yay, Like a million, a great game.

Mixed feelings... The Last Remnant's battle system is never explained very well in-game but is actually very deep once you understand the myriad of menu options and quirks that pop up. It's a bit marred by a really simple (childish?) plot and poor optimization of the Unreal engine on the developer's side (pop-in which can be mitigated by changing .ini files).

It is explained somewhat, and exploring it's systems is part what makes tLR such a fun. Plot is simple, but characters are good.

Neki

Right now browsing indie games, I have Noitu Love 2: Devolution and Dungeon Hearts in my cart, wonder if I should get anything else.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Damn mystery games!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Half Life 4 -- MB-614E58A70BFFC81B - Taken by Wurst

oipic

How many giveaways did Stump say ModBot had processed? Something like 1,850?

It's almost harder to have not snared anything... so if there's anyone else out there who has managed this, I salute you!

Seriously, though, the giveaway-ness in here is very cool. You're a good bunch
mostly

Thanks, it was The Ship and I already have it, so I'll be giving it away later, unless there's another way? should I reject the gift?

Just accept it add it to your inventory. Then send it to your email as a gift and give away that new url

Also you should have picked the other mystery game as it wasnt The Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom