• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

I see that I could have gotten the Name in the Game edition of PA from DunderHassan for the same price I paid for the regular edition yesterday. With the timer showing 20 minutes left I went for it, thinking it wouldn't be on sale no more as the timer was for 24 hours instead of the usual 48 hours. Joke's on me.

Introversion is worth it though and 17,15€ for the game is an absolute steal.

But mainly what I wanted to do was a shoutout to DunderHassan and all the work he has put in during this sale.

Stimpack

Yeah, this generation was not that great for JRPGs to be honest. Only a few really caught my interest but more for gameplay than anything; IE: Folklore, Valkyria Chronicles.

Here's to hoping the PS4 maybe introduces some better JRPGs? I don't know. I'm not holding my breath. I feel like if I'm ever going to want to play a decent JRPG again I'll have to either play the older stuff again or possibly buy a 3DS. I don't quite know what the 3DS would have to offer, though.

Infinite Undiscovery was kind of cool, gameplay-wise. I don't remember how I felt about the character or the plot.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Also this is still up! People either got so used to free games a click that they don't want to work for them anymore, or everyone already has FTL! Either way, you can find the answer within gaf, with 5-6 clicks!

Too lazy to do the whole send gift + modbot. So, if you want a copy of FTL: Faster Than Light (courtesy of Timedog), be the first to guess who my avatar is, and where it's from. Send me a PM with the answer so you don't spam this glorious thread.

EDIT: Aaaand it's over, we have a winner!

Papytendo

Too lazy to do the whole send gift + modbot. So, if you want a copy of FTL: Faster Than Light (courtesy of Timedog), be the first to guess who my avatar is, and where it's from. Send me a PM with the answer so you don't spam this glorious thread.

it's from some chinese cartoon

Went in to buy Blood Dragon, came out with...

- Blood Dragon
- To The Moon
- Civ V Gold Edition upgrade
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- McPixel

dat Steam sale!

quimby-300x225.jpg

Holy Schnitzel! Half Life fucking 4!

Thank you very much, it was the game I kind of forgot to buy.
I'm ready to scream like a little girl. Cheers!

Amnesia

Shit forgot about Amnesia. I wanted to get that on sale and forgot. Oh well I went way over budget anyways.

Tellaerin

Arma II 95% off. Come on.

What games are you hoping for, guys?

RCR'd be nice, though I'm not really expecting it.

Speaking of things that would've been nice, I'd've liked to have seen Lost Planet 2 or Dead Rising 2 drop to 75% off during this sale. I'm curious now - were there any games you guys wanted to see go on sale/get deep discounts this time, but didn't?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Holy Schnitzel! Half Life fucking 4!

Thank you very much, it was the game I kind of forgot to buy.
I'm ready to scream like a little girl. Cheers!

Amnesia
Great adventure game, really atmospheric.
Have fun! :)

Papytendo

My dad works for Valve and he told me the final flash sale.
It is the following:

Red Dead Redemption
Half-Life 3
Halo 3
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

That's all folks!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Man I'm gonna miss this :(

Gotta recharge for later this year, Doggie! The seal will return like James Bond.

RCR'd be nice, though I'm not really expecting it.

Speaking of things that would've been nice, I'd've liked to have seen Lost Planet 2 or Dead Rising 2 drop to 75% off during this sale. I'm curious now - were there any games you guys wanted to see go on sale/get deep discounts this time, but didn't?

I think both DR2 and LP2 hit that cheap on GMG the week before the sale started, which made it all the weirder that they didn't hit as low here (did they? I thought maybe I saw LP2).

I was kinda hoping for Zeno Clash II to go down more than it did (sorry Salsa) and fucking Kingdoms of Amalur could have stood to go down about 75% off.

Also SSFIV AE for my boi tesseract

Kingdoms of Amalur is sadly the least likely of all of those

I laughed, but then I cried.

Oublieux

Looked at it, looks a bit weird. Some sort of puzzle game fused with an RPG battle system? (Casting the spell things looked weird too.)

Yeah, it's a matching puzzle game; the bottom screen is for matching gems to earn different types of abilities and spells based on the color/element and also for blocking and defending. The top section where the "battles take place" is where your character can click little elemental "Faes" to attack once you have gathered enough elemental power from the bottom. Elements have their own opposing elements that they are weaker/stronger against as well. The game keeps you on your toes. Granted, if you're not into puzzle matching, it might not be for you.

Yeah, it's a matching puzzle game; the bottom screen is for matching gems to earn different types of abilities and spells based on the color/element and also for blocking and defending. The top section where the "battles take place" is where your character can click little elemental "Faes" to attack once you have gathered enough elemental power from the bottom. Elements have their own opposing elements that they are weaker/stronger against as well. The game keeps you on your toes. Granted, if you're not into puzzle matching, it might not be for you.

One of those games I wouldn't really recommend on PC. However it is amazing on a phone or other mobile device when you are out and about.

maneil99

Also this is still up! People either got so used to free games a click that they don't want to work for them anymore, or everyone already has FTL! Either way, you can find the answer within gaf, with 5-6 clicks!

EDIT: Aaaand it's over, we have a winner!
What game was it

Stimpack

The heartbreaker is that RAGE goes on sale every other day of the week, and there will be probably 10 people who buy the damn thing.

I mean, I liked RAGE, but come on!

To sell summer cards or hang on to them. On the one hand there are probably millions in the wild. On the other hand, they might be a dollar in about 5 years.

Well Rage won and Gunslinger is in last place. Not surprised. I just got a Dark Alchemist Foil Card! Hmm, only $1 if I sell it. I guess I'll keep it then.

To sell summer cards or hang on to them. On the one hand there are probably millions in the wild. On the other hand, they might be a dollar in about 5 years.

I'm hanging on to mine. Their value can't really get any lower at this point, so I figure I might as well see what happens.

Edit: I was joking, guys. I like Rage!

jediyoshi

Seeing as the foils are already >$1, they'll probably go up way quicker in price. There'll only be less of them in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom