• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Those giveaway's go faster then Sonic himself.

bradley-ratbox.png

Don't go for mystery gifts!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game -- MB-1FCA3CD78D7EBD13 - Taken by Deques

Tak3n

Banned
so my last purchase was Don't Starve...

A bit of buyers remorse as I did not realise it was quite so full of grind

My best purchase by a country mile was Monaco...

the game was never on my radar, took a punt and was amazed at how much fun it was

Deques

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game -- MB-1FCA3CD78D7EBD13 - Taken by Deques

I won, oh wait... The Ship >.< I just gave it away, lol

Salsa

the world must know

i2HpxRdjklIP9.PNG

and that's the sale for me bronies, gonna hit the bed and come back to regular steam thread by grief tomorrow. see you on winter sales

illbeback.gif

bootski

Immediate previous, so I'm assuming that you need five posts in the third Steam sales thread.

oh i see. i dont think i post enough to make that happen in all these different threads. good system though. howd you guys code modbot to work so nicely? is it OoB software or hand done?

derExperte

Lol. I went in expecting the worse. 4 hours in and I am still playing. That rarely happens, I give up on most games after 15 minutes. Not bad from me means worth a play through :p

How far/where are you? Have you already discovered why all that stuff happens?
I totally did not see it coming.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Playing just a few minutes of Dishonored instantly put a smile on my face. I only made it up to about mission 4 or so and decided the 360 version was too ugly for me. Got the game + Knife of Dunwall. I think my "what shall i play next" problem has been solved as fuck.

Copons

Well, while I'm still deciding on Civ5 Gold, I'd like to thank everyone in this thread because with all of you it was a way better sale than the past ones.

In particular, thanks to:

Wario64, because he didn't understand how ModBot works (or something like that, it was the first day of sale, who could remember :D ) so he gifted me a Walking Dead like a boss.

TheNamelessOne, because he traded with me showing a trust (to an unknown junior like me) I have never seen on the Interwebz.

m.gorecki for Skyrim,
chugen for McPixel (surprisingly not for Bad Rats!),
Killthee for Retro/Grade.

Toma because he made me buy Reus even if probably I'm not gonna like it. I haven't installed it yet, so it still is a possibility.

SalsaShark for the amazing OP and gifs and general kindness and awesomeness.

And last but not least: javadots because we are like BFF, also he picked like 200 giveaways I was sincerely interested in. Also #2 it was quite some time since the last Internet torches&pitchforks mob.

friends_forever_red_glitter_heart.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Seeing the lists people have been posting over in the "show your haul" thread has shown me just how many games I had in my library going into the sale that other people have been discovering and playing for the first time. Feels good to see so many people picking up games like FTL, Binding of Isaac and even stuff like Time Gentlemen Please/Ben There, Dan That. Love picking up cheap little indie games and having a blast with them.

Man, I regret not jumping on Strike Suit Zero while I could :/ "I'll wait for the inevitable indie bundle where it appears", I thought. But now I'm carving a space fighting game sooo bad, and that one reminds me of Omega Boost so it wins extra nostalgia points.

derExperte

Not Steam, but maaaaybe some Europeans are interested: Alice Madness Returns has always been much more expensive here on Steam than in the rest of the world and Origin has it for 3&#8364; right now. At least in the German store.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More like half a year no?

Episode 3 next month and only two more after that with 3 month pauses between them.

Back in March, it was said that Act 2 would be released in April with Act 3 following in July, but of course this didn't happen. When Act 2 finally did release last month, the description on the game's store page was updated slightly and the most notable change was that "over the coming year" replaced "over the rest of the year", heavily implying that the following three acts will release over the next 12 months.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Not Steam, but maaaaybe some Europeans are interested: Alice Madness Returns has always been much more expensive here on Steam and Origin has it for 3&#8364; right now. At least in the German store.

Same here in Switzerland, they have some other games discounted too.

At least it's indeed better than the stupid high price Alice has on Steam, it's still 49.99&#8364; haha.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So, uh, i'm sorry for forgetting and probably overlooking this, but I couldn't see this in the OP. How does modbot work exactly? If I buy a steamgame and mail it to myself, I can then gift it by PM'ing the modbot? And how exactly?
I'm filled with questions!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just a few more hours... It was good while it lasted.

Someone please hold me, I'm starting to feel the post-sale blues :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom