• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Hmmm. I've been going through, adding stuff to my cart, and partway through everything's changed to dollar amounts (From GBP). Steam wibbling?

oipic

Just a few more hours... It was good while it lasted.

Someone please hold me, I'm starting to feel the post-sale blues :/

Yeah, I'm feeling all... melancholy. I think I'm still beating myself up over a couple of lost sale opportunities. C'est la vie. Maybe we should play some games. (?)

It wasn't Valve's strongest sale, t'was repeat-laden and predictable, but hey, we went through it together. I think sale time for me is now more about the GAF experience of the sale, than the sale itself.

Oh, and ModBot, you will acknowledge me one day, I just know it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Also and one last time: Everyone buy The Void, it's 2.50 what could you lose? One of the most unique games out there.
I think I once read a review for this game, and it looked intriguing. So yeah, bought my final game of the sale just now.

Yeah, I'm feeling all... melancholy. I think I'm still beating myself up over a couple of lost sale opportunities. C'est la vie. Maybe we should play some games. (?)

It wasn't Valve's strongest sale, t'was repeat-laden and predictable, but hey, we went through it together. I think sale time for me is now more about the GAF experience of the sale, than the sale itself.

I agree that this sale was probably the most repeat-filled of the 3 big ones I've participated in. Yet at the same time it's the one where I spent more money buying from Gaben's company. I didn't buy anything from Amazon or GMG this time.

It might not have been Valve's strongest sale, but it was definitely better than Winter's sale, at least for me, I think I bought no games at winter, and got 20 this one.

I think I once read a review for this game, and it looked intriguing. So yeah, bought my final game of the sale just now.

Brilliant, I've done my good deed for the week.

Was it the Eurogamer review? That's what convinced me to get the game and I certainly didn't regret it. If nothing else people should give that review a read and see if it intrigues them.

Karu

So, I bought two little games to gift on Steam. I have no idea though, where to find the keys? Is that even possible? Did I fucked up?! Oh noes... I probably did.

Aaron

So, I bought two little games to gift on Steam. I have no idea though, where to find the keys? Is that even possible? Did I fucked up?! Oh noes... I probably did.
Did you buy them as gifts during the checkout? If so, they'll be in your inventory.

Karu

I did you purchase them as a gift? If so they're in your inventory.
Yeah, but to gift them here with Modbot I need the key itself. I would like to know, if there is any chance to access the key? If not, I will gift them anyway in some other way, but still...

Papytendo

Yeah, but to gift them here with Modbot I need the key itself. I would like to know, if there is any chance to access the key? If not, I will gift them anyway in some other way, but still...

Read the OP of this thread, all your questions will be answered.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Brilliant, I've done my good deed for the week.

Was it the Eurogamer review? That's what convinced me to get the game and I certainly didn't regret it. If nothing else people should give that review a read and see if it intrigues them.
Yes, it was that one! It succeeded in making the game look interesting, and so did you in reminding me of it :)

While I bought it I remembered another review I read there, of a game set in a strange city. And the review you linked mentions a game that I believe is the one I'm thinking of: Pathologic. I'll google it later to see if I'm right or not.

chugen

boom

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

McPixel -- MB-0AEA85B0A50B080E - Taken by OFFIS

Everyone should import EDF2025 and play with me.

Yes, it was that one! It succeeded in making the game look interesting, and so did you in reminding me of it :)

While I bought it I remembered another review I read there, of a game set in a strange city. And the review you linked mentions a game that I believe is the one I'm thinking of: Pathologic. I'll google it later to see if I'm right or not.

Almost certainly is, Ice-Pick Lodge made both games which truly stand as some of gaming's finest achievements. Pathologic has a really odd, poor translation though that can take one out of it. There was a fan translation project that died horribly sadly. IPL have hinted that they might do a remake after their next game, Knock-Knock releases.

XShagrath

It might not have been Valve's strongest sale, but it was definitely better than Winter's sale, at least for me, I think I bought no games at winter, and got 20 this one.
I bought one from Steam during the Winter Sale (although I did buy quite a big through Amazon). This sale, I probably spent about $75 or so (I'm not adding it up).

Arthea

Let's try this. Thanks goes to Timedog
Please, inform me if it doesn't work.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-1E64EE49B08A48B2 - Taken by sapsari

Uk6DA.png

Volvo is dead, under 6bucks for Darkness 2.

What is this?

rockx4

This was definitely better than the Winter Sale, but only because Amazon really dropped the ball this time. Amazon prices slaughtered Steam's prices for me during the Winter Sale. I might pick up another steam wallet code when I'm out for breakfast to get some last minute games before the sale ends completely.

ßthePenguin;72079361 said:
So since your hand was cut off, you also shot yourself in the leg as a response. Good job.

I would high-five you but I seem to be missing a hand. Just as well as it seems I do not have a leg to stand on to explain myself. Failure is an experience best shared I always say!

mclem

Well, that's annoying. Accumulated the rest, partway through it decided to change my currency to dollars, which worried me. Kept going, though. Went to checkout... and it complained about the currency change, dropped me back to the front page, and lost my cart. Not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom