• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in March, it was said that Act 2 would be released in April with Act 3 following in July, but of course this didn't happen. When Act 2 finally did release last month, the description on the game's store page was updated slightly and the most notable change was that "over the coming year" replaced "over the rest of the year", heavily implying that the following three acts will release over the next 12 months.

Ah, well that's unfortunate. Seems weird they'd put the game up so early. The chapters are so short and releasing them over the course of a year seems very likely to lose interest.

Still, loved the first two and don't regret the 17 I paid.

Just a question.

I just bought Anomaly Warzone 2 and it got cards somehow. I wonder if it was supposed to get into a daily deal since it seems it just got cards during the Summer Sale and every other Game that got cards during that time, was either a daily, flash or community Deal.

wilflare

Uk6DA.png

Volvo is dead, under 6bucks for Darkness 2.

can some translate that into USD for me?

bronson

So, uh, i'm sorry for forgetting and probably overlooking this, but I couldn't see this in the OP. How does modbot work exactly? If I buy a steamgame and mail it to myself, I can then gift it by PM'ing the modbot? And how exactly?
I'm filled with questions!
ModBot is overloaded today. You can just send any games to my inbox and I'll take care of it.

derExperte

So, uh, i'm sorry for forgetting and probably overlooking this, but I couldn't see this in the OP. How does modbot work exactly? If I buy a steamgame and mail it to myself, I can then gift it by PM'ing the modbot? And how exactly?

Copy the link you get in the email and pm it to ModBot like you would a key.

chugen

it's over :(

thanks to those who gave me a game (don't expect me to remember every fucking name you bastard)

and i hope those who receive one of mine will enjoy it and will tell their grandchildren how usefull a leaf can be.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

See Stump's how-to guide for general usage information. To give away Steam gifts, you need to purchase something as a gift, send it to your own e-mail address, and give the redemption URL to ModBot as a key (it'll be something like https://store.steampowered.com/account/ackgift/ABCDEFGH12345678 -- there'll be a ?redeemer=your@email.here portion you can leave out).

It's strange how SSF4:AE lost a community vote but then never showed up as a flash or daily. They obviously agreed to have it 75% at some point but it never happened. Was looking forward to having new players online so I could not feel so terrible at the game.

Carm

So, I pull the trigger on everything else I wanted, end up with 6 cards. I only need Kerbal Space Program to complete my badge, no fucking Kerbal, very annoying. Cleared all my wishlist except for Timshift *shakes fist at Activision*. I had other things on there but sale prices weren't what they should have been so just outright removed them.

It's strange how SSF4:AE lost a community vote but then never showed up as a flash or daily. They obviously agreed to have it 75% at some point but it never happened. Was looking forward to having new players online so I could not feel so terrible at the game.

Same thing happened with Recettear, lost community vote and didn't appear again.

Damn you community !! I'll have my revenge !!

Don't worry, with USF4 coming out there will be many a discount. Remember the sale might be ending, but midweek madness and new weekly deals are only a day or so away.

zkylon

zkylewd
got a foil, sold it, so spent 7.68 out of my 7.69 in starseed pilgrim+risen

proteus just didn't felt like my thing

one cent left :O

card economy bought me and my friends 13 free games this sale

The Dream Machine shall be my last purchase, there were some good sales even if nothing as crazy as the first few back in the day(lol) Do wish I'd had a bit more money though, bought a Rift right before the sale started.

Thanks for all the giveaways everyone. And hopefully the people who I gave stuff to enjoy their goods :D

Also and one last time: Everyone buy The Void, it's 2.50 what could you lose? One of the most unique games out there.

Fou-Lu

Trying to decide whether to check out with my last cart or not:

Rogue Legacy
Critter Crunch
Legacy of Kain Collection
Alpha Protocol
Sid Meier's Pirates!

deleted

I wanted to buy it for 5$! The only game that was a definitive buy this sale - now I'm not sure, if I should wait for the alluded 75% sale, or buy it at 50%.
Right now, I still have MK to play, but I was looking forward to play SSFIV with some friends in local MP.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The game is such a suprise to me, I couldn't resist giving a copy away. So many references. :D
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Time Gentlemen Please -- MB-D5FAA7012B5E9D76 - Taken by intheinbetween

And now I have this;
Nws.jpg

Cade

Gonna try the Civ V demo one more time to make sure it's not for me before the sale ends. I want to get into it so bad, but man. Just didn't click with me in the past.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Trying to decide whether to check out with my last cart or not:

Rogue Legacy
Critter Crunch
Legacy of Kain Collection
Alpha Protocol
Sid Meier's Pirates!

Beat Alpha Protocol. It is amazing. played an hour of Rogue Legacy. It is amazing.

Double

Gonna try the Civ V demo one more time to make sure it's not for me before the sale ends. I want to get into it so bad, but man. Just didn't click with me in the past.
I didn't like the demo much myself back then as a big Civ fan to be honest, but game is a blast with Gods & Kings and my friends.

Cade

What don't you like about it?

I get overwhelmed, and I never know what to do next. I like Eurogames and SRPGs so Civ V seems like it'd be a natural fit for me, but something just doesn't click. I'm hoping I'll see the light though.

ßthePenguin;72078276 said:
I didn't like the demo much myself back then as a big Civ fan to be honest, but game is a blast with Gods & Kings and my friends.

Yeah, I hear the expansions fix a lot but I'd have to really like the core to go that far. :p

I wanted to buy it for 5$! The only game that was a definitive buy this sale - now I'm not sure, if I should wait for the alluded 75% sale, or buy it at 50%.
Right now, I still have MK to play, but I was looking forward to play SSFIV with some friends in local MP.
It's still a fantastic deal at $15. If you don't plan on playing it soon though it should be cheaper within the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom