• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
GREAT SCOTT

I'm impressed and worried at the same time.
It's a brilliant collection. That's for sure.
Eh, with some planning ahead and budgeting it's not so bad. If you're going to get them, it is the best time.

A man chooses.

So I shouldn't be getting anymore games, but due to some card selling I've managed to scrounge up possibly enough steam wallet

Rogue Legacy now, or take a risk with Mercenary Kings being awesome in a few hours?

I really enjoyed the Legacy Demo. Makes me regret skipping out when it first released...yet I also love Metal Slug.

So I shouldn't be getting anymore games, but due to some card selling I've managed to scrounge up possibly enough steam wallet

Rogue Legacy now, or take a risk with Mercenary Kings being awesome in a few hours?

I really enjoyed the Legacy Demo. Makes me regret skipping out...yet I also love Metal Slug.

Rogue Legacy is a safe bet

can't believe I'm supporting this game so badly, but I'm in love with it

Inversive

Goddamn after telling myself Borderlands 2 was my last purchase I had to bite on Napoleon Total war to complete my TW collection as its on the last flash sale :(

Awesome flash deals to finish the sale!

tumblr_m8444mKChe1qbzg93o1_250.gif

The_Monk

Good morning fellow GAFfers, how you are all fine. Anything I missed?

For some reason I was expecting one more Community Vote. Guess that today Steam will be back to normal. It was a fun ride. I met more people, saw that there are great GAFfers who stick together for a good cause and end up knowing a little bit more about some people. I helped some GAFfers in various ways, some advices, some normal talk, some tourism advice ( tobinishi ;) ) some random gifting for some GAFfers that were not expecting and much more. You are all great people, never stop being like that.

Does anyone knows if Dark Sector is region locked? It's the only game in my wishlist I can't buy, I got the same error message

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I asked Wilflare if he can buy it for me, and he couldn't, the same error popped up, every other game in my wishlist can be purchased. BTW I'm not in the USA or EU

Karu

So one last question for stupid me. To quote a PM in a thread, I have to add the thread title to the recipient usernames? Or am I able to copy&paste the quoted PM? (Since I am not allowed to c&p the regular PM). And yes, I read the OP numerous times, sorry. :-/

Is anyone else having incredibly low drop times for cards?

Depends on the Game.

It took 7 hours for Awesomenauts to drop all the cards for me and my buddy. It just seems Awesomenauts cards drop really really slow.
Torchlight 2 and Sonic Allstar Racing were quite quick with the drops.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I didn't have much to spend during last year's Autumn and Winter Sales (curse you, Christmas!), so I had to try my best to make up for that. ;) I actually spent a little more than I'd expected to, but I crunched the numbers last night and I'll live.

Is anyone else having incredibly low drop times for cards?

I've given up on idling for the time being. Virtually all of the cards are near-worthless, anyway.

Fewr

There is a 39 steps game? Awesome.
----------
It took me approx 7hrs for awesomenauts cards to drop too, and I think about the same time for the secret world cards.

Tomodachi

Depends on the Game.

It took 7 hours for Awesomenauts to drop all the cards for me and my buddy. It just seems Awesomenauts cards drop really really slow.
Torchlight 2 and Sonic Allstar Racing were quite quick with the drops.
Yeah, Awesomenauts was what I was trying to drop as well. Took forever for 2 cards. Sword of the Star: The Pit is slow as hell as well :(

Oh neogaf tell me what to do the other day I got galactic Civ 2 (and 1). I am considering now Infinite Space. Are they different enough?

Is any of the civ 5 dlc worth getting? The expansion is expensive as hell so i'll probably skip out on that for now..

(I never play scenarios in Civ games btw)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is any of the civ 5 dlc worth getting? The expansion is expensive as hell so i'll probably skip out on that for now..

Grab the Gold upgrade. It's $5 on Steam US and contains a boatload of content.

Edit: Said upgrade contains all the DLC sans the newly-released Brave New World.

Papytendo

Gods and Kings is a must, so pretty much just upgrade to gold if you don't have that. Otherwise everything else is just optional.

Miletius

I think gold comes with most of the DLC anyways, so don't worry about it. Can't say anything is overtly worth it unless you are fans of a particular Civ that's included.

The expansion is supposed to add a lot to the game but since it's not on sale I would probably wait.

Beaten.

oipic

Brilliant, I've done my good deed for the week.

Was it the Eurogamer review? That's what convinced me to get the game and I certainly didn't regret it. If nothing else people should give that review a read and see if it intrigues them.

Have read John Walker's review of The Void a couple of times in the past, watched some let's plays, marvelled at the art style and the imagination of it all...

...but have run for the hills at the frequent mentions of difficulty levels, and the ability to 'break' your own save due to poor play/decisions throughout the game.

So, ricochet, I ask you kindly for your appraisal, please: how save-spammy and mindful of this difficulty does one have to be when playing through this? I don't mind a brain-bending thought-provoking challenge by any means, but is juggling saves part and parcel of the experience?

Oh neogaf tell me what to do the other day I got galactic Civ 2 (and 1). I am considering now Infinite Space. Are they different enough?

Guessing you mean Endless Space and...I would say no.

Gal Civ 2 will more than keep you covered for a long long time. Should you get the urge to play something else down the track with a more modern interface? By then Endless Space will probably be cheaper and have more features to make it worth the time.

I didn't have much to spend during last year's Autumn and Winter Sales (curse you, Christmas!), so I had to try my best to make up for that. ;) I actually spent a little more than I'd expected to, but I crunched the numbers last night and I'll live.

I've given up on idling for the time being. Virtually all of the cards are near-worthless, anyway.

Thank you for making me feel better, I thought I'd overspent but looking at your amount spent makes my 50 bucks puny in comparison.

I don't want to see how much you spend on groceries.

I was pleased to see Retro City Rampage as a flash, but wish SF4:AE would have made an appearance.

To people who wanted KY:0:

Look at it this way, next year when it's finished, you'll probably get it for 50-75% off and be able to finish it in one fantastic sitting.

Arthea

So, it didn't worked like planned. I'm still willing to gift FTL (Timedog's courtesy) to anyone who don't actually have it.
First to quote this post will get it on steam, directly. Again, you must not have it! (><)

Hmm apparently i already own Gods and Kings. I definitely don't remember buying that. Is upgrading to gold edition still worth it if i already own gods and kings?

Bri

So, it didn't worked like planned. I'm still willing to gift FTL (Timedog's courtesy) to anyone who don't actually have it.
First to quote this post will get it on steam, directly. Again, you must not have it! (><)

I don't have it. Actually.

"If you're Steam Level 5 and above, you'll get a card every third time you vote for the Community's Choice Flash Sale. If you reach Steam Level 5 before the end of the Summer Getaway Sale, your next vote will grant you cards you had earned by voting."

If I wasn't level 5 before the sale ended but after teh last community vote... do I get credited those cards somehow? crap...

KiDdYoNe

The 33rd vote is for Half Life 3's reveal. Choose which aspect of the game you want shown off first.

Nope.

Left 4 Dead 3
vs
Portal 3
vs
Half-Life 3

So, since you wise asses never gifted me Tomb Raider, i got myself the whole collection :D
Gonna whine in a "haul thread" later. Thanks everyone, you shall leave now. Untill that vote, of course.

I've often wondered why Shoot Many Robots never got as much attention as other indies ("steam deal"-wise and "general buzz"-wise). I was under the impression that it was just as good as other fan favourites.

So one last question for stupid me. To quote a PM in a thread, I have to add the thread title to the recipient usernames? Or am I able to copy&paste the quoted PM? (Since I am not allowed to c&p the regular PM). And yes, I read the OP numerous times, sorry. :-/

Last step for gifting is copy and paste the MP you received from ModBot

Copy and paste the text wrapped in blue. [Quote] [/quote] must be included so ModBot can do its magic, do not copy just the text but the whole PM.

Ehm, I just went to my store transactions page on my account and apparently I had a recent steam store gift transaction for super house of dead ninjas. I don't remember purchasing this as a gift, I don't remember losing any money in my steam wallet, and it's not in my gifting history? Is this an error or should I be concerned ?

Edit: Disregard this post, I'm a fucking tard I gifted it to a friend a while back in a trade for a game I don't even remember at this point in time. It wasn't in my gifting history because I traded for it via the trading thingy. Thanks for the helpful tips though guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom