• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Can someone with PayPal help me out with something? Need to buy something from dunder but no PayPal. So you send him money and I buy you something for $6.50 on Steam. If you have sleeping dogs, I will throw in a street racer dlc. Pm me in you want to help.

Martian

Just to check - bad rats is an in-forum joke, correct? It's actually an awful, awful game i shouldn't give a single cent towards?

Its a joke for sure, but its not really that awful

Most people dont have it because they want it, but because they were gifted a 'mystery game'

Except for me

I wanted it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, shit, I forgot to buy Homecoming. This is the part where Konami yanks it from sale and I curse my luck. :p The Autumn Sale is just a few months away, though... maybe it'll even make it into the Halloween Sale the month before.

Edit: Oh, that's right, the Aussie version is censored. That makes me feel better.

Just to check - bad rats is an in-forum joke, correct? It's actually an awful, awful game i shouldn't give a single cent towards?

Better puzzles than Portal 2, more complex than The Void, and has a better story and character progression than The Last of Us.

Yes, well not awful but mediocre and ugly

cicero

I made the mistake of forgetting that Super Sanctum TD was a flash deal and not a daily. I actually wanted to play this one. Going to wait it back down to $.99 in the next sale.

I'm sooo close to adding it to my cart, just debating whether I wait it out for the next Steam sale. Recettear and Kentucky losing the community choices have been the biggest disappointment for me, of the sale. I have absolutely zero experience with this series but it sounds so interesting and unique.

Hard to say. The first time Recettear was on sale, it was part of a $5 indie bundle--a move that sold tons of copies, but was also eventually deemed a bit of a mistake by Carpe Fulgur, the people who localized the game. If they had known so many people would buy the bundle just to get Recettear for cheap (it had a bit of buzz back then) they would've sold it on its own! Since then the sale price has hovered between $5 and $10, I think. Decent chance it'll be cheaper during the winter sale, but I think the picture is murkier for Recettear than most titles.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Just to make sure, is there any reason not to get Endless Space Gold over the base game (besides the extra dollar and a half)?

No. The new race is a departure from how all previous races manage resources. Additionally, the overhaul to the base mechanics and general additions make it worthwhile.

I have ES on my base Steam account and I still bought it for my secondary account.

It's a game based on physics, yet the in-game physics engine is broken.

Bummer, a whole summer sale without Vampire Bloodline.

I also missed Deadlight. Ugh

Yeah, Sad really. I was hoping more people would have a financial incentive to play one of the best games made.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ah, shit, I forgot to buy Homecoming. This is the part where Konami yanks it from sale and I curse my luck. :p The Autumn Sale is just a few months away, though... maybe it'll even make it into the Halloween Sale the month before.

Edit: Oh, that's right, the Aussie version is censored. That makes me feel better.

By talking about the censoring it almost sounds like you'd be actually playing the game if you bought it, surely I'm mistaken?

hm. So anyone else have GalCiv complete or Fallout complete disappear from their inventory after picking them up during the pricing mistakes yesterday?

Both are gone now, despite the transactions still being deducted from my account. Seems shitty.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
By talking about the censoring it almost sounds like you'd be actually playing the game if you bought it, surely I'm mistaken?

Haha, nah, it's just that I don't like having "inferior" versions... unless they're considered separate apps. ;) I've actually been meaning to check in on this:

Here's an interesting question: Does any fellow Australian know if the copy of L4D2 (some) people received from the Valve Complete Pack reward Valve handed out to those who'd earned the golden potato is the regular version and not the low violence version? The VCP isn't available on Steam AU since Valve doesn't have a sub for it with the low violence version of L4D2 in place of the regular version, but obviously, at Valve's end, it nonetheless would have been easy to ensure the former was being sent to users in territories for which it's intended.

If I do have the Low Violence version, I'm going to request that Support remove it and then ask someone to gift me the uncut version next time the game is on sale.

statham

hm. So anyone else have GalCiv complete or Fallout complete disappear from their inventory after picking them up during the pricing mistakes yesterday?

Both are gone now, despite the transactions still being deducted from my account. Seems shitty.

wut?! My tomb raider games better not disappear

Mmm... so would you say it isn't worth playing? Also, is it available on Steam? A bad game can feel not so bad if I can get it for 2 bucks or less :p

Oh no, to clarify the game isn't bad at all and it's certainly worth playing for the atmosphere and mechanics. Similar to the Void the world you play in has its own set of rules you have to learn in order to survive and it's a really incredible experience. One of the more interesting aspects is you can play as three different characters and in each one's story you can find the other two going about town doing their business. Like The Void it is one of the most creative games out there and to this day there is really nothing like it.

The translation is just very.....it's hard to explain but basically I'd say it kind of has a nonsensical, faux poetic vibe mixed with some really bizarre basic grammar issues. It almost leads the game an even more unsettling atmosphere but really it's just a shame that us English speaking people can't experience the game in its true form.

It's not on steam but gog has it for 9.99. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/pathologic Really is an incredibly unique game with one of the most unsettling stories in gaming, and some great progression and reveals towards the end. Just hope that remake comes out sometime within the next few years so more people will play it and in general just so that it can be considered one of the greatest games without reservations.

Edit: Rockpapershotgun has a great series of articles on the game. Just keep in mind there are spoilers, especially in the last two parts and if you plan on playing the game it's best to avoid all but the first one.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

I haven't checked today, but that happened to me yesterday. I couldn't find it. For awhile there I thought I was going crazy and didn't actually buy it (there was no email either). But a short time after it appeared in my inventory.

wut?! My tomb raider games better not disappear

i picked them up as a 'gift' when the price was wrong, didn't think the game would disappear and my card still be charged.

I haven't checked today, but that happened to me yesterday. I couldn't find it. For awhile there I thought I was going crazy and didn't actually buy it (there was no email either). But a short time after it appeared in my inventory.

Hope you're right. Fallout was gone yesterday and GalCiv today.

Crayons

Banned

They're still in my inventory.

I've got 10$ to 30$ left, I need recommendations. I feel like I should stop but I don't want to yet.
Walking Dead 400 days Y/N ? (loved the original season but I feel like this will be 2.50 in the winter, also played the original on xbox so I don't know if a save is required)
or Kotor 1 & 2 (which have been cheaper before).

Or omerta city of gangsters which has cards, but I'm afraid it'd just get backlogged, well actually everything I purchase at this point will be backlogged. Or if you've got other cheap games I need to know about feel free to suggest. I bought hard reset on grief.exe's suggestion.

HoosTrax

Remind me again what the main complaints re:Retro City Rampage were? I'm feeling a NES/SNES era nostalgia trip watching the trailer, but I just remember there was a lot of meh sentiment surrounding the game.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I wanted to get KOTOR 1+2, but didn't feel like having to hack it by replacing the game's exe and/or running other programs just to get widescreen working.

If there's a new better way to do it, i'll consider getting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom