• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

Looks like there's been a slight upward trend in the price of Summer Sale cards. I'm thinking of using the last .50 in my steam wallet to grab a few, just in case.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Crafted the level 5 summer badge, probably going to regret it later depending on how much the prices go up lol
Foils are rising, relatively fast.
Regular cards, not so much (yet)

garath

So for last day I bought Recettear and Unity of Command. Now I have more than enough games to keep me going. Over $90 if you include the Shadowrun pre-order. Ugh. Didn't even realize it got that bad.

lol

This would something rather easy for Valve to prevent, though. Also, turning Greenlight into a sub-store would likely make developers hesitant about choosing a publishing partner due to the lower cut of sales this would necessitate -- if they're already seeing sales through Greenlight, then the allure of a "publisher" offering a spot on Steam proper is mitigated.

In any case, Greenlight being a popularity contest clearly isn't working, but at least Valve is acutely aware of this.

Makes sense.

bootski

Looks like there's been a slight upward trend in the price of Summer Sale cards. I'm thinking of using the last .50 in my steam wallet to grab a few, just in case.

they're moving up pretty fast. about 4-6 cents (up to 24c) each. thats in the last hour or less.

Well fuck, the game just closes upon choosing either direct x version. I have GFWL installed :/ Anyone here have Lost Planet 2 and run into a similar issue?

Prophane33

they're moving up pretty fast. about 4-6 cents (up to 24c) each. thats in the last hour or less.

I feel like a stock trader watching the prices on all these cards. :p trying to buy some of the summer cards to sell them later, but someones grabbing all that come under .20 faster than I can.

Nmc6Ner.png

HALF-LIFE THREE = CONFIRMED!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm not sure whether I should be upset or relieved that I managed to get through the Summer Sale without ending up with Bad Rats in my inventory.

So, I bought a new laptop and want to move all my steam downloaded games and stuff to the new machine, is there any program or guide on how to move the stuff? should I just copy the steam folder from the old machine to the new one?

I usually buy boxed copies for my PC but I went a bought my first steam game. Torchlight2 for $5 yesterday. does anyone know the original price at launch?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, I bought a new laptop and want to move all my steam downloaded games and stuff to the new machine, is there any program or guide on how to move the stuff? should I just copy the steam folder from the old machine to the new one?

Just install Steam on the new laptop and, before logging in, move your existing steamapps and userdata folders (if you have screenshots and the like) to the new installation directory. You'll need to install the games again (or "resume" an update), but Steam shouldn't actually download anything provided they're up-to-date.

I usually buy boxed copies for my PC but I went a bought my first steam game. Torchlight2 for $5 yesterday. does anyone know the original price at launch?

$20.

Echoplx

Will be funny if everyone currently buying cards for low prices tries to sell them later and end up undercutting everyone else down to cheap prices yet again.

Going to enjoy seeing how it all plays out at least.

Foils are rising, relatively fast.
Regular cards, not so much (yet)

regular cards are increasing, just a very small amount. I think I saw them around $.14 earlier in the week and now can be had for about $.19

It's not much, but i doubt the price will get super crazy.

Will be funny if everyone currently buying cards for low prices tries to sell them later and end up undercutting everyone else down to cheap prices yet again.

Going to enjoy seeing how it all plays out at least.

Don't expect that. No more card for SSS are going to drop, making the cards even more rare

Just install Steam on the new laptop and, before logging in, move your existing steamapps and userdata folders (if you have screenshots and the like) to the new installation directory. You'll need to install the games again (or "resume" an update), but Steam shouldn't actually download anything provided they're up-to-date.

Thanks a lot.

Oh man no. And yeah, using Windows 8.1 beta. Ugh, first unplayable Windows 8 game? :/ Some guy in the steam forums said he was playing in on 8 but who can know for sure.

I was in that very same situation, I also upgraded to the 8.1 preview, if that "helps". As I said before I got really tired, I tried everything I could, installing different GFWL app versions, installing other GFWL games just to see if that could fix the problem by installing any file, but it didn't work, I also tried with a different GPU drivers. in the end I got tired so I decided to go back to W7, and here I am, running LP flawlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom