• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will be funny if everyone currently buying cards for low prices tries to sell them later and end up undercutting everyone else down to cheap prices yet again.

Going to enjoy seeing how it all plays out at least.

I'm going to wait until there are no more foils listed, then wait a further week just to be sure. Then I'll pounce and make $200 from my two foils. :p

imBask

Banned
Only Summer Sale cards will no longer drop, since the Summer Sale is no longer active; cards tied to games will continue to drop as usual.

they might also become useless.

Risky business, but it's your call I guess! couldn't care less about buying cards for resale

Binabik15

Is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare fun offline? I won't have anything even barely resembling decen internet during my upcoming semester break, but medieval warfare (hurr hurr) is relevant to my interests.

That final set of flash sales... Boring way to end the sale.

I know I bought hard rest as per your recommendation to make up for it.

Edit: Need 3 more games to make my library tally result in a round number. Super cheap though, I was thinking garshasp they look super bad but in a so bad it could be good kind of way. I have no other inspiration.

bootski

man steam needs to implement a buy at price option like etrade. having to click that little agreement box everytime makes it for sure ill never get the card at the price that i clicked. lol anyways i got ~30 summer cards now. lets see what happens!

louiedog

The Retro City Rampage dev matched the Steam price on their site. It goes longer than the flash sale and includes a DRM-free copy and a Steam key.

link

Dinosur

but you have to factor in demand as well....how many people will really keep crafting the summer badge after the summer sale?

Yeah, I have three summer foils and I can't tell if I should offload them now, or save them for a couple months when some desperate rich kid gets all nostalgic.

Terra_Ex

man steam needs to implement a buy at price option like etrade. having to click that little agreement box everytime makes it for sure ill never get the card at the price that i clicked. lol anyways i got ~30 summer cards now. lets see what happens!

I'm fairly sure you're going up against bots for the lowest price cards so you'll never win.

Prophane33

That seems a bit like overkill, still you might make a little bit of money per card. I've only bought two (currently have 3) just to see how the market goes and make some change if this upward trend continues.

Copons

Soooo, I've just bought Civ5 Gold, and wanted to check how Enhanced Steam handled the DLC list contained in the package.
I went to the package page and found out that the last DLC (Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack) is not green.

I try to refresh and nothing.
I even try to buy it and it gives me the possibility to buy it for myself.

Now, I'm not a scenario guy, so whatever, but WTF? Is it common? Should I contact support asking where the hell went that one DLC I purchased?

derExperte

I just missed a summer foil for 40 cents because I didn't hit the checkbox fast enough.

I was in that very same situation, I also upgraded to the 8.1 preview, if that "helps". As I said before I got really tired, I tried everything I could, installing different GFWL app versions, installing other GFWL games just to see if that could fix the problem by installing any file, but it didn't work, I also tried with a different GPU drivers. in the end I got tired so I decided to go back to W7, and here I am, running LP flawlessly

Apparently the issue is Windows 8 doesn't install the xlive.dll file for some reason. So does someone with GFWL installed want to go into their system 32 and upload the file for me :D

Apparently the issue is Windows 8 doesn't install the xlive.dll file for some reason. So does someone want to go into their system 32 and upload the file for me :D

at first I got that an error message reporting the xlive.dll file was missing, so I installed the W8 friendly GFWL client, but it just made the error window disappear, then when launching the game it just crashed, an error window popped-up stating "Lost Planet has stopped working.."

bootski

That seems a bit like overkill, still you might make a little bit of money per card. I've only bought two (currently have 3) just to see how the market goes and make some change if this upward trend continues.

yea i already had about 15 from moneys spent, voting and badges and about 3 bucks left in my wallet. its a nice experiment anyways. the card game is a nice little distraction that steam has organized to make them $$$, 1c at a time.

imBask

Banned
Soooo, I've just bought Civ5 Gold, and wanted to check how Enhanced Steam handled the DLC list contained in the package.
I went to the package page and found out that the last DLC (Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack) is not green.

Now, I'm not a scenario guy, so whatever, but WTF? Is it common? Should I contact support asking where the hell went that one DLC I purchased?

upgraded to gold during the sales, played "a couple of turns"

I want my 2 days back

at first I got that an error message reporting the xlive.dll file was missing, so I installed the W8 friendly GFWL client, but it just made the error window disappear, then when launching the game it just crashed, an error window popped-up stating "Lost Planet has stopped working.."

I don't get any error, it just closes the program for some reason. And I don't have that xlive file anywhere on my computer as far as I can tell which would certainly prevent it from working I suppose.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
WqiXjgm.png

Oh god. What have I done?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Both, probably. At least I'm a true part of Steam-GAF now. Will play through to completion tonight!

Tomodachi

Had a quick search, didn't find anything.

XCOM Enemy Unknown is 6€ on Nuuveem.

Although I don't know how long the offer has been up so it might as well be mentioned in the very first pages of this thread or in previous threads.

Echoplx

You have it, Steam has always been screwy with that piece of DLC for some reason.

It should be listed as 'Scenario Pack - Ancient Wonders' in your DLC tab.

Final burst:

- Kerbal
- Rogue Legacy
- Critter Crunch

Time to cancel that PS4 preorder*, I've got months worth of gaming backed up thanks to this sale.

* We all know that's not actually going to happen

Had a quick search, didn't find anything.

XCOM Enemy Unknown is 6€ on Nuuveem.

Although I don't know how long the offer has been up so it might as well be mentioned in the very first pages of this thread or in previous threads.

the offer has been on since last saturday, I told about it several times. great deal indeed!

cicero

I don't know what to say but thank you, Casimir, for the amazing gift of World in Conflict: Complete Edition. I have literally been waiting this one down for YEARS. I kept hoping it would finally be on sale for more than 33% off. This is so great! woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom