• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I know I bought hard rest as per your recommendation to make up for it.

Edit: Need 3 more games to make my library tally result in a round number. Super cheap though, I was thinking garshasp they look super bad but in a so bad it could be good kind of way. I have no other inspiration.

Good choice. I am about to finish the DLC today.

Copons

You have it, Steam has always been screwy with that piece of DLC for some reason.

It should be listed as 'Scenario Pack - Ancient Wonders in your DLC tab.

Yay!
I didn't think to actually check on Steam app (nor I knew how to check for DLCs :D ), and indeed there it is. :)

cicero

I'm all but guaranteed to make a little profit at least... but consequently I don't think I can purchase any more games for another week or two.

haha, just a week. It is like seeing Caesar come down in his finery to a local taco stand to enjoy a couple of tacos with the awed local peasantry. :p

AlexBasch

Oh well, at least I managed to snag GTA4 DLC. I'm okay with this.

Pretty bummed that Oblivion/Morrowind didn't got a 75% though. D:

Grief.exe

King of fighters XIII and DayZ registry entered both updated today.

Both should be coming soon. Obviously, don't know anything specific about KOFXIII.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
haha, just a week. It is like seeing Caesar come down in his finery to a local taco stand to enjoy a couple of tacos with the awed local peasantry. :p

Knowing my luck, Valve will hold a "75% off All Games with Licensed Properties Sale" (a name which rolls off the tongue rather nicely) and by the time I find the money to buy what I need, it will have ended and all the included games pulled.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Final hours of the summer sale :(. Now I'll have to visit the rest of GAF again...

Lol its funny, I have barely been outside of this thread. Sucks.

A big thanks to Hawkie! You are my hero. Just picked up KR0 and I have about $9.50 left. What should I get gaf?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know what to say but thank you, Casimir, for the amazing gift of World in Conflict: Complete Edition. I have literally been waiting this one down for YEARS. I kept hoping it would finally be on sale for more than 33% off. This is so great! woo!

World in Conflict is a gem of a game. A fact that is only highlighted by Massive's unfortunate paradigm switch to developing third person shooters. Enjoy it! :D

cicero

Knowing my luck, Valve will hold a "75% off All Games with Licensed Properties Sale" (a name which rolls off the tongue rather nicely) and by the time I find the money to buy what I need, it will have ended and all the included games pulled.
Do you ever speculate on any of those and buy them as gifts for your inventory just in case they get pulled? I would probably end up doing weird stuff like that if I could. Knowing all those Japanese businessmen with Steam accounts are going to want Law & Order games when they become impossible to find.

JaseC

Can't even buy a Summer card for under ~0.20, they are bought instantly.

Yeah, the regular cards sell like hotcakes. When I was buying them, I began starting from the fifth listing rather than attempting to bother with the first few.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I imagine the steam gaffers coming out of a dark cave into the light of day with long beards and dirty clothes.

snarmy6.jpg

JaseC

Do you ever speculate on any of those and buy them as gifts for your inventory just in case they get pulled? I would probably end up doing weird stuff like that if I could. Knowing all those Japanese businessmen with Steam accounts are going to want Law & Order games when they become impossible to find.

Atari has a few games still up on Steam and I was going to buy two or three spares, but ultimately decided against it in the interest of furthering my game count. In the future, though, it's an area I'll definitely explore.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ended up getting Half Minute Hero, Super House of Dead Ninjas, and McPixel to finish things.

Really wanted Quake, but yea. I'll have to nab FEAR another sale.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I know this isn't the trading card thread, but watching the Skyrim cards on the market is pretty interesting. There's about 5-6k fewer cards on the market than the other summer sale cards, and it's dropped by about a thousand since I started checking earlier. The price has also gone up by about 50% too, maybe more. I get the feeling that people are speculating on that being the first to drop down to the sort of levels where the cards are worth a bit more. Don't know how long it'll take for 29 thousand people to buy the cards, but it's something i'll keep an eye on.

dani_dc

Getting "'There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." since yesterday night.
Great way to end the Steam Summer sales.
Went ahead and contacted support but I doubt I'll get any reply in useful time.

Decided to go for the Portuguese language support (Wasn't aware they had it), figure I might get lucky and they'll be less busy than than the english speaking one.

Now to wait.

JaseC

I know this isn't the trading card thread, but watching the Skyrim cards on the market is pretty interesting. There's about 5-6k fewer cards on the market than the other summer sale cards, and it's dropped by about a thousand since I started checking earlier. The price has also gone up by about 50% too, maybe more. I get the feeling that people are speculating on that being the first to drop down to the sort of levels where the cards are worth a bit more. Don't know how long it'll take for 29 thousand people to buy the cards, but it's something i'll keep an eye on.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the prices of the foils. It can't be long before they all break into the double digits.

Grief.exe

Atari has a few games still up on Steam and I was going to buy two or three spares, but ultimately decided against it in the interest of furthering my game count. In the future, though, it's an area I'll definitely explore.

You could definitely make some money off of that.
I was messaging a guy who had a spare copy of Neverwinter Nights 2. He wanted like 30 keys for his copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom