• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You could definitely make some money off of that.
I was messaging a guy who had a spare copy of Neverwinter Nights 2. He wanted like 30 keys for his copy.

Yeah, ~30 keys seems to be the going rate for the most part. I'm hoping there are still copies of Saw floating around on TF2 Outpost in a few weeks.

I remember when I got Lost Planet 2 and thought I'd be able to play it ;-;

Don't think it is the xlive issue because unlike intheinbetween I'm not getting that error. It just....closes without warning when I pick a direct x version

Gueras

Banned
Guys help me with cards. What is the pros and cons to sell or keep the cards. Im selling all the cards im winning but I dont know what is the point to keep it

You all should buy foil cards!
Why? Because prices are going up!
Why? Because everyone is buying foil cards!

lol bubbles.
I have a feeling that it'll be possible to profit from this, but I'm not going down this road.

Petrie

Banned
Bought House of Dead Ninjas blind. Hope its fun!

Only thing to debate still is CSGO. I'll never play it but damnit I want it for some reason.

JaseC

I really, really doubt they will.

Still bought 2

I think it's rather likely and it'll be interesting to see where price and demand begin to diverge. Mystery Card foils went up by $3~$4 in the days leading into the Summer Sale.

Castcoder

Banned
Bought House of Dead Ninjas blind. Hope its fun!

Only thing to debate still is CSGO. I'll never play it but damnit I want it for some reason.
Played the PS3 release a bit after launch. Picked up GO from the Summer Sale and got a good hour in. Love it so far.

marrec

Banned
Guys help me with cards. What is the pros and cons to sell or keep the cards. Im selling all the cards im winning but I dont know what is the point to keep it

You mean the summer sale cards?

Do you want a badge super badly?

If no, then hold on to them until the sale ends. If the badge is still craftable once the sale ends then the prices on the cards is likely to go up as there is a finite quantity of cards and some people will inevitably want to craft the badge or higher levels of the badge.

Fireblend

Banned
I think it's rather likely and it'll be interesting to see where price and demand begin to diverge. Mystery Card foils went up by $3~$4 in the days leading into the Summer Sale.

Well I hope you're right, it'd be nice if I managed to buy Spelunky with card money only :p

Anyone know how much that's gonna be?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
FhgRue9.png

awww yeahhhhh boyyyyyeeeee

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up getting Half Minute Hero, Super House of Dead Ninjas, and McPixel to finish things.

Really wanted Quake, but yea. I'll have to nab FEAR another sale.
Yes, you have to. You HAVE to.

Getting "'There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance." since yesterday night.
Great way to end the Steam Summer sales.
Went ahead and contacted support but I doubt I'll get any reply in useful time.

Decided to go for the Portuguese language support (Wasn't aware they had it), figure I might get lucky and they'll be less busy than than the english speaking one.

Now to wait.
Told you I could buy the game for you :/
Hope it gets fixed in time.

Ended up getting Half Minute Hero, Super House of Dead Ninjas, and McPixel to finish things.

Really wanted Quake, but yea. I'll have to nab FEAR another sale.

Yes, you have to. You HAVE to.

I you have a certain type of logitech keyboard though watch out. I had to disable all of my hid devices because it has an usb overpolling glitch that will influence your framerate if you don't. Mini ninjas has it too. The keyboards I know of being affected are all of the lcd having ones, but I'm fairly sure some others might be affected too.

Just had a hilarious idea for a practical joke. Instead of gifting me Bad Rats, you gift me Starforge instead :D Don't think too hard about it though, just go!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
if I gift someone Bad Rats, could they send it to their own email account and give me the link?

Damn, I'm out of ideas.
Can you send it to an email? If so, I could then give you the link. I can't access Steam from work, so that's the only way I could help you.

JaseC

Basically:

- Keeping the cards allows you to complete a set. To achieve this, you can trade your unwanted cards with other users or, if you'd prefer to keep them, purchase what you're missing from the Steam Market.
- Completing a set will allow you to "craft" a badge; each regular badge has five levels. Levelling up a badge grants you 100XP, a profile background, an emoticon (both pertaining to the game in question), and a bonus of some sort -- initially it was one of several discount coupons, but as the Summer Sale drew near they were replaced by Mystery Cards (which were revealed to be Summer Sale cards). Foil badges -- badges crafted using foil cards -- are much the same, albeit they can be crafted just the once. Maxing out a badge will allow you to view the high-res card at your leisure despite the cards themselves no longer being present in your inventory (Valve will be releasing a binder of some sort at a later date).
- Obtaining XP allows you to "level up" your profile. Reaching the next level rewards you with five additional friend slots, and every tenth level with a "showcase" to display on your profile; level 10 in particular is the point where you're able to set a profile background and display your first showcase. Lastly, the higher your level, the higher your booster drop rate.
- "What's a booster drop?", you ask?

Valve has also said that it's open to the idea of creating some sort of meta-game that can be played using cards, however this is presumably a long way off (if it's going to happen at all).

It seems the GFWL issue I'm having with Lost Planet 2 is Windows 8.1 exclusive. Because the same thing now happens with Bioshock 2, a game which I ran with no issues on Windows 8. Oh well, somewhat fucked I suppose. Not reverting back for one game. Hopefully someone smarter than me finds a fix soon.

Batman works though.

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

Is this a sliding scale, eg level 12 = +22% drop rate or is it a hard switch type deal? If it's the latter that sort of sucks, you'd need to gain 10 levels for it to influence your drop rate.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
so, I have about US$8 left... any recommendations?

otherwise I might just break and buy the cards I have missing to get to a Lv5 Sale badge :/

Vodh

Had a bit over £5 left, decided to bite the bullet on Dishonored with DLC - Steam suggested splitting the cost between the remainder of my wallet and my credit card - for some reason it doesn't work on Steam, so I just switched to paypal - the wallet component disappeared. OK, fuck it, might as well. Grabbed Dishonored. But now I still had £5 in my wallet... Looking through deals, deciding to swallow the regret from missing the dailies, stumbled upon Orcs Must Die 2. Hey, I wanted this game when it was on a daily, just not enough!

But wait, Gamersgate got it for half the price. Well, dammit, I already decided to get it, didn't I? Grabbed it from Gamersgate.

Ended up blowing the rest of my wallet on PixelJunk Eden and Anomaly: Warzone Earth along with some cosmetic BL2 DLC (I've bought some of those at full price, might as well, riiight?)

I don't even know how much I ended up spending on this sale, but I'm positive it's north of £50 (with an initially planned limit of £25 :D) not counting the card-funded discounts. All in all, it was a great sale for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom