• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got my "last day" purchases in (Bionic Commando Pack, Dishonored DLC, Rage DLC, Retro City Rampage, Worms Revolution, and Civ V Gold) so now just waiting for the sale to end so I can get to work on the new version of Enhanced Steam.

Thanks everyone for a great sale!

Hit accept! Be a man.

SXMTzHo.png

Oh, God! :(

Okay, so I know this is not exactly the best place to ask, but I figured here would be better than starting a new thread - so I am a PC gaming noob, my current Laptop (has 8G of RAM) is not even really made with PC gaming in mind, but should be able to run most older games just fine - now my actual question is how does one go about finding mods for games? I have Desura installed on my computer because I used it to add a few custom stories to Amneisia.

Is there like a Steam mod OT?

def sim

If it's any consolation, I had to pay ~$20 for the requisite cards. I didn't expect the foils to increase in price so suddenly; instead I had assumed they'd still be floating around $1~$1.50, even in the closing hours of the sale, however I was grossly incorrect. "Hindsight is 20/20" and all that.

Here's hoping the prices sharply increase again once this sale ends. I purchased two foils just in case the market decides these things are worth near or over double digits.

Hey, we're Bad Rats category bros!

ibwU0jNDmPlQFR.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
You could have bought a bunch of Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! copies instead of Bad Rats. I hope you're prepared for the sequel, Rad Bats.

Jag

Got my "last day" purchases in (Bionic Commando Pack, Dishonored DLC, Rage DLC, Retro City Rampage, Worms Revolution, and Civ V Gold) so now just waiting for the sale to end so I can get to work on the new version of Enhanced Steam.

Thanks everyone for a great sale!

Thanks for the mod, it was definitely helpful during the sale!

Cth

Any under $5 recommendations for the last hour?

There's a Pinball FX table I'm thinking of getting, but it feels weird just getting 1.50 :D

Tomodachi

Not sure if I should spend the remaining 4,35€ I got on my steam wallet now or maybe keep them for some deal that pop up during the week. I seem to remember deals after seasonal sales are usually kinda ok.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here's hoping the prices sharply increase again once this sale ends. I purchased two foils just in case the market decides these things are worth near or over double digits.

Yeah, I bought a complete set with the hope of selling them off for a pretty penny down the line. I'll but assured to make some sort of profit, but selling the cards for double or even triple the purchase price would be brilliant.

didamangi

Not really the perfect thread for this but whatever

New bundlestars bundle

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/superfly-indie-bundle/

The Bundle Includes:
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Cargo Commander
Disciples III: Renaissance
The Journey Down: Chapter 1
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise
Dungeons: The Dark Lord
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Zeno Clash

ALL Steam. Really good bundle if you ask me.

For the new page. Pretty solid bundle, certainly worth $0.5 per game anyway.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
One of my friends on Steam is an English professor. This is what he has to say about Bad Rats:

Since the advent of PC gaming, there has been a paucity of cat murder simulation games. Indeed, the genre has been a veritable desolate wasteland. Into this tragically underserved niche comes Bad Rats. Yet while Bad Rats may be the the crowning achivement in feline evisceration, it manages to transcend the limiting conventions of said genre to become an exemplary entertainment experience for the post-modern audience. It's very design causes one to question the very meaning of life itself, and the use of the phonetically not-dissimilar "bad" and "rats" (to say nothing of the masculinely-rhymed "cats" implicit in thegame) calls to mind Derrida's theory on differance, leading to the ultimate negation of syntactical meaning of these monosyllabic terms. Thus, the very name "Bad Rats," while seeking to confine and define the nature of the encoded structure, comes under erasure, opening the interplay of ideas much like the interplay of rats and cats in the game.

BHK3

Banned
I'm deadly serious. Traded it to one of my friends who had it on his wishlist. Games not for me, I see it and I don't see me having fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom