• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the backlash would not have been so if the traded game wasn't ****ing Rage.

The backlash would've been the same either way. You don't trade away gifted games because you only enter if you were interested in the first place.
How many of these have you guys actually played? I've heard good things about Galaxy on Fire and Zeno Clash but not the others.

Cargo Commander is fantastic.

73V3N

Banned
I thought that Rogue Legacy thing (winning it and then trading it for Rage) was a joke, but now I read some pages back, and it actually happened.

wow.. :(

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I thought that Rogue Legacy thing (winning it and then trading it for Rage) was a joke, but now I read some pages back, and it actually happened.

Some people have no dignity.
It's a gift.

decaf

Okay guys, anything on my list that I should definitely NOT buy?

Rochard + DLC
Titan Attacks!
They Bleed Pixels
Pid
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory
Super House of Dead Ninjas
POSTAL
The Duke Nukem Platformer Pack

kaleii

Finally got in, with about a dozen verification code emails in my inbox before given the opportunity to actually enter one.

About to buy Chivalry. Anybody interested in a 4 pack? Come on procrastinators, you know you want it.

If you're hosting in USD i'll join. Will paypal as soon as you let me know.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seconded. I have only played the demo for the previous game in the series on PSN, but the demo was pretty fun and it's made by the same studio that made Guacamelee so I'm grabbing it.

Which, incidentally, will also be on Steam in the (hopefully) near future.

Rochard + DLC
Titan Attacks!
They Bleed Pixels
Pid
POSTAL

Postal.

I know right...the one game I've been trying to get this whole time and he gives it up for that. I guess it's the gift that keeps on giving though, cuz we're all feeling the RAGE now...

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
How many of these have you guys actually played? I've heard good things about Galaxy on Fire and Zeno Clash but not the others.

I can recommend Cargo Commander, very fun. I've also played the Journey Down but only for as long as it took me to realize "Oh, right, I really don't like point and click adventure games"

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
modbot is sentient and adhering to the 3 laws of robotics.

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

You ordered it to give you a key as is described in #2, but that conflicts with #1.
Amazing.

A fellow Asimov fan? Your post made me happy.

Turfster

I don't know what to say.
I've played the first Horsez (if I remember correct Horsez 1 was the third Pipa Funnel, or whatever she's called, game in disguise), I remember it being pretty fun. Not really good, but fun.

Well... It's not bad per se, but it's something not bad rats for the 50 kazillionth time ;)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
If you're hosting in USD i'll join. Will paypal as soon as you let me know.

I will be. If we can get a third I'll eat the cost on the extra copy and either try to fill it later or give it to a friend.

Going to be buying it from work, not really sure what the gifting interface is on the web client, so there's a chance I can't send until about 6 central time.

LAST MINUTE CHIVALRY 4 PACK
1 Archaix
2 kaleii
3 ???
4 YOU! REPLY NOW!

Cth

The backlash would've been the same either way. You don't trade away gifted games because you only enter if you were interested in the first place.

Honestly, it probably happens all the time.

The bigger issue is the javadots level of "bragging". Even if it was for something decent, keep that to yourself.

kaleii

I will be. If we can get a third I'll eat the cost on the extra copy and either try to fill it later or give it to a friend.

Going to be buying it from work, not really sure what the gifting interface is on the web client, so there's a chance I can't send until about 6 central time.

LAST MINUTE CHIVALRY 4 PACK
1 Archaix
2 kaleii
3 ???
4 YOU! REPLY NOW!

I've seen several people interested. And I'm in no rush, can't play it until later this week anyway :)

The_Monk

Dude wins Rogue Legacy in a giveaway. Trades it away to a friend for Rage.

User BHK3 entered DukeBobby's very generous giveaway and won Rogue Legacy. He accepted the gift into his inventory then traded it to someone else for RAGE.

But why such GAFfer would grab a game if he is not interested at all for it? I don't get it. It seems DukeBobby was being kind all over the place again like a great GAFfer he is and then instead of going for kindness he tries to profit from someone being generous? That's not right sir, I'm sorry but I don't believe that it's fair. It could have gone to a better Home, to someone who have been tempted to get the game or waiting for a deal. I saw many fellow GAFfers wanting that game, it could have gone to one of those people.

Some people... :(

Symphonic

wow, the first decent Bundlestars bundle?

Bundle #10 Superfly Indie - $4.98
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/superfly-indie-bundle/

• Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
  • Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
  • Cargo Commander
  • Disciples III: Renaissance
  • The Journey Down: Chapter 1
  • Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise
  • Dungeons: The Dark Lord
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
  • Zeno Clash

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is great, one of the major influences for FTL.

Mannnn it won't take my card for some reason. Any idea why?

LuuKyK

Yes, I resisted. Didnt buy Tomb Raider! :D

I wanted it a lot, and I was pretty sure I would give up and buy it by today. lol But thinking about it, I am sure it will be even cheaper on the next sale so I guess I will wait, as painful as it is. :p

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Which, incidentally, will also be on Steam in the (hopefully) near future.
Drinkbox is awesome.
I'll probably triple dip on that. Such a great game.

chugen

But why such GAFfer would grab a game if he is not interested at all for it? I don't get it. It seems DukeBobby was being kind all over the place again like a great GAFfer he is and then instead of going for kindness he tries to profit from someone being generous? That's not right sir, I'm sorry but I don't believe that it's fair. It could have gone to a better Home, to someone who have been tempted to get the game or waiting for a deal. I saw many fellow GAFfers wanting that game, it could have gone to one of those people.

the motherfucker just made the_monk type a sad face. GET HIM

Symphonic

I wanted it a lot, and I was pretty sure I would give up and buy it by today. lol But thinking about it, I am sure it will be even cheaper on the next sale so I guess I will wait, as painful as it is. :p

At the most it'll be like 3 bucks cheaper, why wait if you want to play it now?

Nabs

You could pick it up from Amazon with an extra 15% off (Gooncave) if you wanted.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the backlash would not have been so if the traded game wasn't ****ing Rage.
Yes it would. Entering a giveaway for something you don't want, only to trade that for another thing, therefore preventing a GAFfer who actually wanted the game from getting it, and also posting about it here is despicable.

I think this warning should be added to every giveaway: If you don't want a game, don't enter the giveaway. If you enter anyway and win, then redeem the game on your Steam account and at least give it a fair try. And if you're an asshole after all and decide to give it away or trade it, DON'T FUCKING SAY SO HERE. You fool.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's quite likely that the base price will have dropped by the time the Autumn/Winter Sale rolls around. Couple that with Squeenix's penchant for generous discounts and you have your wish.

2jwna.jpg

Honestly I love square enix just because they keep giving me amazing games for dirt cheap. Actually, mediocre to amazing games for dirt cheap.

LuuKyK

At the most it'll be like 3 bucks cheaper, why wait if you want to play it now?

Bacause I still have some games on my backlog and even if I bought it now, it would have to wait... Probably not long enough to reach the date of the next sale, but still... I dont know. @_@ Stop making me think about my decision. ;-;

It's quite likely that the base price will have dropped by the time the Autumn/Winter Sale rolls around. Couple that with Squeenix's penchant for generous discounts and you have your wish.

Yep, thats sort of what I thought. I feel better now. :D

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I don't know guys, Rage has pretty good gunplay.

It's not even the game he traded it for that bothers me, it's the fact that he entered a giveaway for a game that a lot of people really want, and he didn't even know what the game was about. He wasn't interested in it, it was just a free game to him. And when he did get it and then decided he didn't want it, he just traded it off instead of putting it back up for the rest of GAF to have a chance to get said free game.

IMHO, that goes against the entire idea of what Modbot and giveaways here are about. It's not fucking about getting as many free games as possible, it's about giving games to fellow NeoGAF members who will enjoy and appreciate said game. I haven't even tried to win most of the games people post up here with Modbot because A) I own it already, or B) I have no interest in it. I thought most of us were doing the same, I wonder how many other members like BHK3 are here just getting as many freebies as they can to either trade or sell away.... :(

Are you sure it's not getting filtered to spam or something like that? That's a really long time to wait.

I completely lost my password (long story) and had to go through their support/submit various info like the last credit card used on the account and a CD key associated with it, as their reset system obviously asks you for your previous password first. I can understand it taking a while for an actual person to look into the matter, but I didn't think it would take more than two business days.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Rochard + DLC
Titan Attacks!
They Bleed Pixels
Pid
POSTAL
I didn't like the demo of Sugar Cube. It wasn't bad, but I didn't enjoy it.

Nymphae

Banned

He specifically mentioned that it didn't look interesting to him AFTER he entered & won. The prick didn't even know what the damn game was and entered, just to grab free stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom