• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, where's Primordia? It was up for community choice but lost and I haven't seen it show up anywhere else. Valve just teasing me. Number one game I've been wanting go on sale this entire time.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Bought Recettear, cause screw FTL.

any reason at all to purchase FFVII? Still have the original PSX version, still have it off of PSN (and use it on Vita). I've seen people mentioned a graphical mod, but is that really worth it, to buy again?
NO.

Not even close to worth it.

By default, it sounds much worse, and even with mods, it will always look highly inconsistent as a result of the 320x240 backgrounds. Even if you were to use high quality 3D models they would still be running around super low resolution backgrounds. The game was designed for 320x240 and playing it any higher just kills any sense of inconsistency it may have had. You're getting the best experience on Vita, really.

mrgone

Still haven't, really irritating way to end my frustrations with this sale.

Oh, and Dragon's Lair has appeared in the best sellers list now

tumblr_m5clvmi4tC1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Holy shit is that David Tennant? Hah

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
NO.

Not even close to worth it.

By default, it sounds much worse, and even with mods, it will always look highly inconsistent as a result of the 320x240 backgrounds. Even if you were to use high quality 3D models they would still be running around super low resolution backgrounds. The game was designed for 320x240 and playing it any higher just kills any sense of inconsistency it may have had. You're getting the best experience on Vita, really.

Kind of what I was thinking. It's just that damn Logo. It, like the various Chrono Trigger re-releases, gives that "purchase itch" every time I see it.

BJK

I know Kentucky Rt. Zero and Recettear are not up for the next vote, but is there a GAFcensus pick (between Alan Wake and Farcry: Blooddragon)?

Kerbal Space program in the cart....can I make myself pull the trigger?

I'm missing Skyrim trading card. I have an extra Tomb Raider, Bioshock, and Kerbal. Looking for a trade. PM me please.

EDIT: Traded!!!!!!

Terra_Ex

Aw, where's Primordia? It was up for community choice but lost and I haven't seen it show up anywhere else. Valve just teasing me. Number one game I've been wanting go on sale this entire time.
History repeats itself it seems, much like Steam sales. I think I have a spare key somewhere I could trade actually.

The Lamp

I just don't really know what I should buy...that list in the OP is too long. I want a condensed like 5 really good games that aren't your typical well-known games like Saints Row or Alan Wake...I think I'll get Worms I suppose.

Want to get my bro TWD as a gift.

Its €6:24 on sale. I have €6.23 left. Bugger.

Well looks like he isnt getting it. Might get Bioshock 1. I only ever played a little of it before.

Kamion

Dumb question probably, but it seems Skyrim Legendary is cheaper than buying Dawnguard and Dragonborn seperately. Or at least the same price and I get Hearthfire as well...

So can I buy that and it just downloads the DLC to the main game which I already own?

Might be tempted.

(This is stupid pricing by the way.)

Copons

I'm thinking about picking Fallout Collection.

I've never played any of those games, but I'm a bit worried as I'm not really fond of CRPG.
Like D&D based ones, they always felt clunky and too much dialogue driven instead of gameplay driven (slow and repetitive combat system), I don't know.

Are these 2 Fallouts strongly different in some ways?

I've never played any of those games, but I'm a bit worried as I'm not really fond of CRPG.
Like D&D based ones, they always felt clunky and too much dialogue driven instead of gameplay driven (slow and repetitive combat system), I don't know.

Not really no. Watch youtube vids and see for yourself though.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Well, not too much. They're definitely classics, but no guarantee they'll grab you. I'd drop the three bucks for the collection if you haven't played them, I just want to know if they play well in Win7 or what.

Xavien

Guess I'll get my summer sale badge to level 3 and be done with it.

In a way cards and badges have made this sale the best ever, even if the deals weren't that great.

Tecl0n

Not really, no. I can't say for Fallout, but Fallout 2 is one of the best games ever conceived, definetely give it a try.

Eusis

It's been nearly 4 hours, but I'm still annoyed about this.
How the fuck did that win?

I'm sorta tempted by Tomb Raider, but I feel I blew enough, and the collection doesn't include the Deluxe Edition of the new game while the deal just keeps getting worse for the older games standalone.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This is always the best day of the steam sale. I love finally becoming free enough to get all the games I really wanted. This is what I got:

Stronghold 3 - Gold - $7.49 (75%)
Chaos on Deponia - $4.99 (75%)
Fortune Summoners - $4.99 (75%)
The Dark Eye - $4.99 (75%)
A New Beginning - Final Cut - $3.39 (66%)
Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery EP - $2.95 (63%)
Street Fighter X Tekken Complete - $29.99 (50%)
La-Mulana - $7.49 (50%)
Another World - $4.99 (50%)
Magrunner - $14.99 (25%)
Rogue Legacy - $11.99 (20%)
Bleed - $4.49 (10%)

kaleii

Aw, was hoping that surgeon simulator would be cheaper again.

Also, anyone hosting a fourpack of
Chivalry? I'd be up for a copy.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Well, not too much. They're definitely classics, but no guarantee they'll grab you. I'd drop the three bucks for the collection if you haven't played them, I just want to know if they play well in Win7 or what.
I've played my GOG copy of the original under W8 without any problems, so i'm pretty sure they do. :)

Copons

Not really no. Watch youtube vids and see for yourself though.

Not really, no. I can't say for Fallout, but Fallout 2 is one of the best games ever conceived, definetely give it a try.

Well, thanks everybody! It seems that sometimes GAF can actually agree on something! :D

Anyway, I know they're great games, but that genre really isn't my cup of tea (bought Planescape Torment a month ago from GOG just to try the one considered the best of them all, but I abandoned it after a couple of hours because I found it too boring :( ).
So I'm probably gonna throw my cards earning towards indie games I'm not gonna play anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom