• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I delved a bit deeper into the Retro/Grade bomba rabbit hole I posted about last night and came across this blog post one of the devs made about how he believes not keeping communication open between fans during development damaged sales/awareness:

Matt Gilgenbach said:
REALLY Open Development

Im Matt Gilgenbach, and Im a failure. Wait. Thats a terrible intro! Let me do that over. Im Matt Gilgenbach, and Im one of the developers of the reverse rhythmup game, Retro/Grade. Havent heard of it? Not many people have. Even fewer still have bought it. (If you are curious, it is currently on sale as part of Steams summer sale for less than the price of a coffee at Starbucks. I will be eternally grateful if you pick it up!)

Retro/Grade was nominated for two IGF awards in 2009 as well as won the IndieCade Audience Award in 2010. While that sounds like a title that might be successful, it wasnt. Why wasnt it? Because Im a failure! Well, hopefully not, but I suffer from mental illness (OCD and depression) and thats what my brain tells me is the reason.

XpQn9HP.gif

That intro struck another chord in me, so here's some more codes to drum up some exposure to the game:

ModBot said:

I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Retro/Grade -- MB-6E2D7661E28E22E6
Retro/Grade -- MB-B9A04EFC0AA1ABE7
Retro/Grade -- MB-E88CE42D12CBE448
Retro/Grade -- MB-16729311DFF198C8

Retro/Grade -- MB-80ADC30B4F38F49B
Retro/Grade -- MB-1593C280F13ABD56
Retro/Grade -- MB-27566DF4BECBE567
Retro/Grade -- MB-7A8393A122D567F1 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Retro/Grade -- MB-C79761F25571A336
Retro/Grade -- MB-18E657D3B63071A0

If you miss out on snagging one, the game is still $2.50 for the next 20 hours.

Dinosur

Was half considering going for a foil summer badge but they all just doubled in price since it's the last day. Now I shall just sell the ones I have!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish today was a "proper" encore sale. Lots of stuff I passed up on while they were on sale that I just can't bring myself to buy now knowing they were already lower.

Zeknurn

Any cheap hidden gems of strategy, management sim or 4x games worth picking up? I'm still bummed that I missed the Gal Civ pack by seconds and I need something to fill that hole.

eyeless

I'm thinking about picking Fallout Collection.

I've never played any of those games, but I'm a bit worried as I'm not really fond of CRPG.
Like D&D based ones, they always felt clunky and too much dialogue driven instead of gameplay driven (slow and repetitive combat system), I don't know.

Are these 2 Fallouts strongly different in some ways?
buy fallout bro

bro, buy fallout

Crayons

Banned
I have my doubts about Early Access games.

However, Blade Symphony, which is 50% off at $7.49 did not disappoint.

header_292x136.jpg

There are 3 different characters thus far (I believe the fourth is coming soon), and they all have different play styles. Moreover, there are three different weapons you can use with each character. Also, while playing the game you can switch between 3 different stances, such as heavy, fast, or balanced. Despite the fact that there are only a few characters, there is so many different ways you can choose to play the characters. Button mashing does not work in this game.There are a few servers with people in them, not too many, but I only expect it to become more populated with the Steam sale and the eventual release. The lobbying system itself is very unique because once you join a server, you can see all the fights on that server with the click of a mouse, and choose which one to join in. I love the graphics and look of the stages. The community is nice, bows before matches and says "gf" (good fight) after matches. There is currently no training mode but I had no problem practicing the game against people online. Surprisingly, even though I had just picked up the game, I actually managed to win a few rounds. There are a lot of different movements and motions but the game has an easy learning curve for newcomers. The gameplay itself is pretty fun. It's 3d sword fighting and you can use the walls of the game to your advantage. The health meter goes down quickly so games do not drag on. The fast gameplay gets me excited, and scared that my opponent is going to slice me when I'm not looking. If you like fast paced ninja-y games, but with an emphasis on defense/avoiding, this game is for you.

Complaints:
Music, voice acting aren't very good
Balance is constantly changing.
The animations are rather choppy, but I heard they will be fixed (it is an early access, after all).
Multiplayer is the only thing you can do right now.

However, I'd give it a buy. The latter three will definitely be improved by released (don't know about the sound). but for $7.50, it's worth it.

Please note if you plan on purchasing, the default controls are glitched. See here for a fix.

I delved a bit deeper into the Retro/Grade bomba rabbit hole I posted about last night and came across this blog post one of the devs made about how he believes not keeping communication open between fans during development damaged sales/awareness:

XpQn9HP.gif

That intro struck another chord in me, so here's some more codes to drum up some exposure to the game:

Thats nice of you :D

Not even sure if I have 5 posts here though lol

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Do the final Flash / Community sales go up at 5AM EST like before?

Salsa

XpQn9HP.gif

already got the game thanks to JaseC, but you're the coolest

Mairu

XpQn9HP.gif

I don't think I've made five posts in this specific steam sale thread yet, but that's very generous of you.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Auto-edit is busted right now, hold up a second, manually editing.

Edit: Another unicode issue, looking into it, all games are taken and this shouldn't impact people who just copy/pasted the modbot PM as opposed to built full messages around it. Thanks.

Copons

Copons

buy fallout bro

bro, buy fallout

Eh, it's not like I never showed the series some love.
I have FO3 collectors edition on X360, and double dipped FNV (X360 and Steam, because Italian dubbing and translation I got on the X360 was hilariously awful).

It's just that, at least today, I can't stand classic CRPG anymore. :(

bakeray

Still undecided on whether or not to pickup skyrim legendary or wait it out.. I have a bunch of games to play, so I probably shouldn't but it keeps winking at me.

Anyone know if Starforge is worth going into for $10?

I haven't heard great things about it. It seems like a very ambitious title that hasn't proven they can meet the high expectations they have set for themselves.

It will be on sale again at some point, and hopefully by then it will be in a better state.

whitehawk

Banned
Everyone that's buying Fallout, Read The Manual. it's Fantastic.

Edit: Bah my cards still haven't shown up on the market, been over 3 hours...

rockx4

XpQn9HP.gif

Darn completely missed it lol.

Meh either didn't post enough in the last thread or picked the same one as someone quicker than me.

Anyways, how well does Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed run? Have a pretty shit laptop.

Stimpack

Everyone that's buying Fallout, Read The Manual. it's Fantastic.

Edit: Bah my cards still haven't shown up on the market, been over 3 hours...

I feel bad for the people who have only played Fallout 3 and beyond. They just don't know the true humour that Fallout had.

kuYuri

Last day!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Offspring Fling -- MB-05A7A20407478A27 - Taken by Darknight
Cave Story Plus -- MB-B24FDE6AB894AE7D - Taken by chugen
Basement Collection -- MB-DD5285791FA66088 - Taken by JoseOle5990

Stimpack

I tried to get my brother into Fallout 1 and 2 but he hated them. He loved 3 and NV though lol.

Well it drew in the kind of people who don't want to read, and just want to shoot things in a first-person post apocalyptic setting. Basically it drew in the kind of people who would want nothing to do with Fallout.

It's kind of sad, but at the same time it's not like the franchise was going anywhere. Interplay would've run it into the ground more, if they had found a way to get funds, which in itself is entirely doubtful.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Fallout makes me long back to the age of physical copy's.
Big Boxes, oh how I miss thee! :(
Sigh...

Ben There, Dan That's pretty great so far, y'all buy it! One minute in and there already have been so many Monkey Island, Fate Of Atlantis, DoTT and Sam & Max references.
Already worth my 36 card cents.
It's fun!

chugen

stuff

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge -- MB-15B34AE18C3F0DF8 - Taken by whitehawk
Just Cause -- MB-9D88CCB1EDB11BEF - Taken by DirtRiver
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack -- MB-D6E0CECDF3609920 - Taken by tiny raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom