• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Day of Steam Summer Sales 2013 - Pick up the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
primordiatitle.jpg

This game lost to Surgery Simulator (victim to the cards-hoarding Steam Community) and I have been vocally butthurt about it since as most of you know. This game never appeared again once it lost the vote. No flash. No other chance to win a vote. No daily. Nothing. For shame.

"Terrific and incredibly polished. Something you can't afford to miss."-IndieGames.com

Synopsis:
What Happened to the Humans?

Set in a post-apocalyptic world strewn with cast-off machines, Primordia tells the story of Horatio Nullbuilt, a stoic robot who values his solitude and independence. Horatio spends his days studying the Book of Man, sparring with his droid companion Crispin, and tinkering with the airship they call home a peaceful existence that becomes threatened when a rogue robot steals the energy source that the pair needs to survive.

When Horatio and Crispins search for energy brings them to the dazzling city of Metropol, the simple quest to recover their stolen power core leads to unexpected discoveries about Horatios origins and a new understanding of the legendary humans who walked the earth before him.

Features
  • An epic storyline about the extinction of the human race
  • Voiceover work starring fan favorite Logan Cunningham (Bastion)
  • Gorgeous post-apocalyptic setting
  • Optional puzzles - learn more about the world the more you play

It is normally $9.99 and it is now on sale for $5.99. So... screw it. In the name of a game that isn't Borderlands 2 and won't go on sale 72 times in 7 days, I purchased 6 copies of the game... 1 for myself, and 5 to give away here on GAF.

Enjoy.

Primordia.png

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys to a game that should have won the Community Vote but didn't because it doesn't have cards. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PRIMORDIA #2 -- MB-264973053D661803 - Taken by Baron von Loathsome
PRIMORDIA #3 -- MB-8D7CDEE2F4F511DA - Taken by JoseOle5990
PRIMORDIA #4 -- MB-11D1B80B75FDCCD6 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan
PRIMORDIA #5 -- MB-B2A10D65E044F6FB - Taken by The Super Bob
PRIMORDIA -- MB-394F3D8052A8B69F - Taken by Crayons

Lain

Tomb Raider DLC, is it worth to get? Some of it sounds like paying for cheat codes, is stuff like Animal Instinct safe to skip?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn. What an uneventful sale for me. I only picked up Antichamber and System Shock 2.

NIN90

FEZ
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
The Club
Noitu Love 2: Devolution
Starseed Pilgrim
The Swapper
Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money
Gemini Rue
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Trials Evolution: Gold Edition
QUAKE
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Sniper Elite V2 (via Amazon)

Honestly thought that I bought more.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Ahw man, a massive Primordia giveaway. It's so beautifull.
SteamGAF people, I love thee.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Tomb Raider DLC, is it worth to get? Some of it sounds like paying for cheat codes, is stuff like Animal Instinct safe to skip?
It's worth absolutely nothing. You can unlock most of it in-game by, you know, actually playing. :p
The extra tomb is fun. For ten minutes. Not worth the price.

cammy84

I'm looking forward to the last day. Have £20 to pick up alot of games. Might have to add a bit more money since I have 90 games on my wishlist.

In my defence for the big Wishlist I have gotten into Steam just before the Summer Sale so I'm trying to catch up on old classics

This game lost to Surgery Simulator (victim to the cards-hoarding Steam Community) and I have been vocally butthurt about it since as most of you know. This game never appeared again once it lost the vote. No flash. No other chance to win a vote. No daily. Nothing. For shame.

You really love Primordia, PorkWing?

Thank you so much! I got Time, Gentlemen, Convoluted Title.

thanks a lot for cave story! :D

Cave Story is great, you should really enjoy it.

primordiatitle.jpg

Many thanks for the game. It looks really interesting. Very generous of you!

Yanksfan

primordiatitle.jpg

Synopsis:
What Happened to the Humans?

Set in a post-apocalyptic world strewn with cast-off machines, Primordia tells the story of Horatio Nullbuilt, a stoic robot who values his solitude and independence. Horatio spends his days studying the Book of Man, sparring with his droid companion Crispin, and tinkering with the airship they call home a peaceful existence that becomes threatened when a rogue robot steals the energy source that the pair needs to survive.

When Horatio and Crispins search for energy brings them to the dazzling city of Metropol, the simple quest to recover their stolen power core leads to unexpected discoveries about Horatios origins and a new understanding of the legendary humans who walked the earth before him.

Features
  • An epic storyline about the extinction of the human race
  • Voiceover work starring fan favorite Logan Cunningham (Bastion)
  • Gorgeous post-apocalyptic setting
  • Optional puzzles - learn more about the world the more you play

It is normally $9.99 and it is now on sale for $5.99. So... screw it. In the name of a game that isn't Borderlands 2 and won't go on sale 72 times in 7 days, I purchased 6 copies of the game... 1 for myself, and 5 to give away here on GAF.

Enjoy.

Primordia.png

Awesome of you to do. I had not even seen this game before, so thank you for bringing it on my radar (and into 5 lucky people's library).

The Lamp

I'm just too frugal. I added a bunch of stuff to my cart and couldn't justify buying a bunch of cheap games when I have a bunch in my backlog that I haven't even tried yet.

I win this time, Steam.

Cth

Just picked up another ten games :lol:

Why am I looking for more? :D

Wish I had picked up Gunpoint and Kerbal when they were cheaper!

bonesquad

Not to be insensitive, but is Retro/Grade any good? Or do people just feel sorry for him. Based solely on the store page the game looks very generic, no different from a hundred other Guitar Hero clones, which could be one of the reasons it didn't sell. I know I wouldn't have given the game a seconds thought if I didn't see it posted here.

primordiatitle.jpg

Enjoy.

Primordia.png

super awesome you did this... really loved the game when I played it a month ago... so good.

Crayons

Banned
All I wanted was RE: REvelations and they didn't even have it.

Fortunately, therer were some other good sales to partially make up for it,

However, for the most part, this sale blew!

Are you sure they didn't have it? Maybe you spelled Revelaitons wrong.

Mupod

well I said I was done buying things on the sale but Floe playing Rogue Legacy changed my mind. I just turned 30 fucking years old today so I'm allowed to buy a new game even though I haven't played any of the other 10 I just got!

Blood Dragon and Dust will have to wait for the next sale I guess.

Darknight

Question, do you need all 9/10 cards per game to make a badge or just the first 5 that you see on your profile?

Also whats the quickest way to earn 15XP on steam? Will buying a cheap game get me that?

Not to be insensitive, but is Retro/Grade any good? Or do people just feel sorry for him. Based solely on the store page the game looks very generic, no different from a hundred other Guitar Hero clones, which could be one of the reasons it didn't sell. I know I wouldn't have given the game a seconds thought if I didn't see it posted here.

I have the game on PS3 and don't really care for it, even though rhythm games are among my favourite genres. I kind of feel bad for the guy, but I can see why no one cares about the game.

Tellaerin

well I said I was done buying things on the sale but Floe playing Rogue Legacy changed my mind. I just turned 30 fucking years old today so I'm allowed to buy a new game even though I haven't played any of the other 10 I just got!

Blood Dragon and Dust will have to wait for the next sale I guess.

Happy birthday, man!

Whools

Question, do you need all 9/10 cards per game to make a badge or just the first 5 that you see on your profile?

Also whats the quickest way to earn 15XP on steam? Will buying a cheap game get me that?

no you need the full set, so 10/10 if a game has 10 cards.
One game won't get you 15 XP, but if you haven't already, do the pillar of community badge for an easy 200XP

Thanks PorkWing!

Thank you, fine sir!

Thanks a ton for Primordia!

Wow this looks super cool, thanks for being a super cool GAFfer <3

No problem guys!

You really love Primordia, PorkWing?

We will see. Haven't played it. I have heard nothing but good things. I did this more on the principal that it couldn't have been a flash or daily once but it had tons of repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom