• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest deals from my GameRush newsletter. Some pretty good deals to be had

I noticed this yesterday as I was walking into blockbuster to look for used games. They are offering a trade in of $8 minimum for used DVDs! I don't know about you but I have traded in DVDs to EB for freakin .50 to $2. :| With a few DVDs you might have enough to get a few games, great deal and we should take advantage of it.

OK, now some of the stuff from the newsletter. The gamepass is on sale for $14.99 until the end of October. I use it and while sometimes some of the games I want are out it still beats wasting money on games you're not sure you like.

Blockbuster/Gamerush stores will indeed be open for the midnight Halo 2 frenzy. The line will start at 9:00PM and be open till 2:00 am. I wondering if there will be any LAN setup. :D

If you buy Halo 2 you will get the strategy guide for 30% off. I'm not a huge strategy guide person but for this game it definately seems worth it. Especially for multiplayer where you know there are those 24 hour a day people who know all the secret places to snipe from. :|

The Nyko speaker com thingy is just 12 bucks. I've never used it but I guess if you don't like wearing headsets it could work. Look for some reviews online.

This next one sounds like a really nice deal, if you buy the HipGear Live headset for $9 you get a GamePass for $5 off. I know this headset usually retails for $15 so good deal all around.

There is also 50% off selected games, accessories, and hardware. It doesn't list which stuff is 50% off so I guess you have to go to the store to see it.

Thats all I got for now. Enjoy :)

^^^Yeah, I've noticed that they seem to be mostly in the west to midwest but hopefully they will start spreading because I think they have some of the best deals on trade in. I think some of these though will be applicable at any Blockbuster so you may wanna try and see if they will honor it. I think they will.

Gorilla Jones said:
I noticed this yesterday as I was walking into blockbuster to look for used games. They are offering a trade in of $8 minimum for used DVDs! I don't know about you but I have traded in DVDs to EB for freakin .50 to $2. :| With a few DVDs you might have enough to get a few games, great deal and we should take advantage of it.

the 2nd part of this deal is that for a limited time (til the end of Nov. IIRC) you get an EXTRA $5 for any GC/PS2/Xbox/GBA game you trade in.

Top Bottom