• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Latest Stellar Blade patch adds Major feature: Wind affecting skirt physics. And some other things I guess...

Tsaki

New 2.014GB Stellar Blade update (v. 1.007.000), not related to the Nier collaboration, makes winds affect Eve's clothing. This new feature makes the game more realistic and really grounds the character in the world.

Edit: For some reason it appears unavailable so here is the link

Other features in this update:

- Nano Suits, Exospines, Gear, Face Decorations, Earrings, and Comrades’ Appearances can be favorited/unfavorited by pressing R3. Favorited items will be listed first and in either Default order or By Name (By Name or By Grade for Gear) — whichever you have it set to.
- Ammo Package has been added which let’s you buy all ammo at once at base camp shop.
- “Don’t Forget Me” song (the song played at summer vacation area) has been added to base camp.
- Summer Event Content toggle added to the Gameplay section under Settings which brings back the summer vacation section at the Great Desert Oasis. You can still gift EVE a tiny break. A restart is required. You will restart from the most recent save upon changing this option.
- This update also added the ability to pin icons on the map. You can pin up to 30 icons and there are nine icons to choose from. You can also track a pinned icon like you would a main objective or side quest.

Edit: Also chest collision and compression. My god...

Last edited:

GHG

Disappointed Kamala Harris GIF by The Democrats

Not flattering to a modern audience.

yogaflame

Maybe they are getting ready for Pro update with those little details added. I will not be suprise if they will add more effects to the game. Hopefully they can add RT upgrade.

Last edited:

Gonzito

Its funny that they add this unnecessary crap but they dont fix the awful textures, particularly in the desert area, I found textures there that could rival nintendo 64 videogames

Mr Hyde

Cool to see them still updating it. Haven't gotten around it yet, so when I finally jump in it's going to be one hell of an experience. But I am kinda holding off now to see how the Nier collab turns out.

yogaflame

Mid game at best, but nice to look at. How about a patch that makes me care about the NPCs and the story a bit more?
About Stellar blade, for me, the story is good and lore in it is very interesting. Story analyzation and reviews are always subjective, but I actually appreciate more the story , dialogues, sidequest in my 2nd and 3rd run of the game (to get all endings and NG+ items) that is because Im not on the rush or to focus on getting items, getting lost in the maps, building up my skill tree, and finishing quickly sidequest. For me you really have to slow down , not rush and listen carefully to the conversations and even the sidestory conversation and read all the text and documents , and there is character development, emotions and lore of the game becomes more interesting. For me, this is my game of the year especially when it comes to, gameplay, level and character design, combat and graphics. Yes the protagonist is beautiful, that also adds to wow factor for me, I admit that, but even taking that out of the equation. This really is a AAA quality game.

Last edited:

yogaflame

Its funny that they add this unnecessary crap but they dont fix the awful textures, particularly in the desert area, I found textures there that could rival nintendo 64 videogames
Maybe let us wait for the Ps5 pro to do its job :messenger_beaming:

Seriously,well, its there first console and AAA project, they are still new to console industry, but they still did a good job. Maybe there will be a graphical updates later, hopefully. But all in all the graphics is pretty solild, even digital foundry was impress.

Top Bottom