• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

patchday

good news C9 made it I was cheering them on. I missed all the matches yesterday tho since I was at work. Bummer. Will have to go watch the footage at least for the last match.

Newt

This was too perfect not to repost.
"Great job today, team!" Jack cheers as C9 walk back into their house after reverse sweeping Impulse. Just one more series to go, and C9 would complete their miracle run to worlds for the third year in a row. Content, he slips off toward his bed and falls asleep immediately.
He jerks awake with a startled gasp and looks toward the clock on his bedside. 3:22 AM doto joke . What had he been dreaming about again...? With a spike of panic, he remembers: CLG can't beat Xpecial in a BO5, so all the faith HotshotGG had loaned him before the regionals wouldn't help C9 against the dominant first seed team. Now covered in a sheen of cold sweat, he looks around frantically for some source of inspiration.
His HTC phone rings, to his complete surprise. Who's calling at this hour? he wonders groggily. As he picks up the phone, ReginaId's rough voice barks into the headset, nearly causing Jack to drop the phone.
"Good morning, Jack."
"Regi... Ah, that's right, you're in Korea. What are you calling for?"
"I was wondering if you wanted some help against TL."
Puzzling. Help from Regi, who had supported TL in the Badawi case and on their reality tv show? "I thought you were friends with the TL staff?"
"I am. But not all of their players," Regi replies, voice turning darker. "Xpecial... I will not allow that man to go to worlds. I am willing to do anything to stop him, even concede the finals to CLG."
Was he suggesting...? No, surely not. Just a figure of speech.
"Anyway," Regi continued after an awkward pause, "We're sending you the TSM jerseys we used to 3-1 TL in the semifinals. They'll pack the necessary punch for you to beat them. We don't need them anymore because we've got a full set of the 03-SM model hoodies that we ordered as replacements a while back. They're super comfortable and warm! You should really buy a few of them from solomid.net as well when you get the chance."
"Ah, thanks for the jerseys," Jack stammers. What the hell is with Regi and the hoodies? "Can I repay you some other way? Maybe a yearly supply of bananas or something?"
Another pause, and when Regi replies Jack can hear the confusion in the other primate's voice. "Uh, no. I hate bananas. You know that. And for payment - we received a cheque for 100000 Chinese Yuan from someone going by EllDee and a request to make one of TL's members cry. That'll cover the operating expenses."
"Thank you so much, Regi." A thought strikes him as he starts to end the call. "Wait - how do you intend to get the jerseys to me?"
"Open the front door, Jack." Regi replies cryptically.
Puzzled, Jack does so.
"Oddone?!?!"
The balding man sneers. "That's GENERAL OddOne to you, pleb. Now gimme that phone." He yanks the HTC roughly out of Jack's hands. "FUCK YOU REGI," he screams. He hands the phone back, tosses the package of jerseys to Jack, then storms down the porch.
Jack stares at the package in his hands with a growing smile. With this weapon at his disposal, there was no way C9 could lose tomorrow.

zkylon

zkylewd
This worlds is going to be pretty excite

until the western teams get dominated that is

not really, skt looks really strong but the rest of korea is pretty shaky, and in china edg is having a rough couple games but i'm hoping they'll show up again for worlds, and lgd and qg look pretty solid too

if anything, worlds will become more exciting after the western teams get taken out (tho i think we all want to see fnatic do well at least)

Finals finished everywhere. One might think League is done til Worlds, but, holy shit there's so many games coming up.

From the performances at finals, SKT is definitely the strongest.
They completely destroyed KT showing absolutely no mistakes.

Can't say the same for the other regions except for CLG's strong showing, but even CLG could have closed out their games sooner.

Jin Air came to play. Apparently they trained extremely hard for this tournament and it showed as they beat Najin quite easily (though game 2 could've swung in the late game if watch didn't make that awful engage I think). Next up, CJ.

Soaz who? Koreans are showing who knows how to play GP.
I wasn't impressed with Soaz's GP. It was like a wave clear bitch, and he was still screwing up on damage/minion threshholds.

But Gankedbymom's GP play blew my mind on his 3 barrel combo. Fucking OP.
And when he wave clears, he never messes up getting final barrel hits on minions whenever the camera was on him.

During the SKT/KT finals, casters were saying Faker was soloQing GP a lot. I'd be scared to see what kind of insane plays he will make.

Edit:

Z6Iekgv.jpg

I'll tell you who Watch is, Froggen. Someone who isn't going to Worlds.
And neither are you.

Bacon

Has there been any must watch series from the past couple weeks in China, Korea, or wherever really? I'm in the mood to watch some pro stuff but I've seen all the recent NA and EU series.

Has there been any must watch series from the past couple weeks in China, Korea, or wherever really? I'm in the mood to watch some pro stuff but I've seen all the recent NA and EU series.

Watch the finals for sure. SKT stomping with Faker playing Diana and Riven, and the tight LGD QG finals with an amazing Fiora from Acorn.

And China third place Invictus vs EDG was fun to watch. IG were laughing after their games that they were having so much fun. Rookie's Mid Ekko was insane, and Zz1tai's Trundle made a fool out of EDG.

Edit: wtf this China regional looks better than their finals

Edit 2: nm CRINGEEEEE!!!

Damn I thought it was all BO5.

It looks like they changed their schedule a bit from what I saw on lolesports. Supposed to be 2 BO5's today, Upper and Lower bracket BO5 tomorrow, then the final lower bracket match the next day.

Eugh, I feel bad for the Chinese and Korean teams having to try and secure their third spots on this absurd patch. I guess Riot probably gave them sufficient warning, but still.

Zz1tai has the best profile picture.

j6lzoqg.jpg

When will LCS stop using mug shots and have awesome LPL pictures.

Eugh, I feel bad for the Chinese and Korean teams having to try and secure their third spots on this absurd patch. I guess Riot probably gave them sufficient warning, but still.

LCK regional is still on 5.15 if I remember correctly.

LCK regional is still on 5.15 if I remember correctly.

Guess we'll know soon enough. I sure hope so.

I mean, there's a part of me that wants to see the comedy of errors that's likely to result (ala Blaze vs. Frost on Season 2's hilarious Rengar instant death patch), but a much bigger part would actually like to see some decent games where teams aren't having to add a new one-off ban to their rotation every single game in the series.

No one picking Juggernauts...

Flandre probably should have. I know they focus-banned him to hell and back, and he doesn't prefer to play tanks to begin with, but his Gnar sure isn't doing much.

I suppose it's preferential to blame the rest of his team for the fact he absorbed three bans (all of them super-specifically targeted) and the other four players on his team still couldn't avoid getting completely outpicked compositionally, somehow.

Even with the massive lead, EDG can't close out fast enough.

I was watching SKT vs Samsung Ozone (mostly Samsung White) finals, and SKT made them surrender at 20 minutes.

That was the old SKT, and I think the new SKT is even more scary.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
A preview of how bad TSM gonna get rekt at worlds. 4Head.

Why was Kalista even open?

Just atrocious drafting. Snake had red side and all three of the bans were target-bans on carry tops (Fiora, Riven, and Yasuo). They basically had every possible advantage in picks and bans and apparently were not prepared to be spoiled for choice like that.

Deft is back. Damn League is so much more exciting and crazy when there's six damage champions in the game instead of Maokai and Nautilus.

Damn, EDG has another game to play and Deft looks dead. Probably was supposed to not play.

Another note, it's MELATRON MUSIC BREAK! DODO SIN DO DODO PIE! DODO SIN DO PYRO

Edit: these cosplays. dat fiddlesticks

Edit 2: DAT TEEMO
2DIoQgY.png

KaKAO sees that his AD carry just died for free at 32 minutes, and they're taking baron. No problem. Send in RooKie to soften them up, then jump in, kill three of them and steal it.

Top Bottom