• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leezard said:
Agreed. Anivia is a tad bit harder to play well, but the reward for learning her is great.

I have a friend who's just pro with using her.

He has this cool tank build which potentially gives him like 3 lives and a shitload of HP and armour.

Leezard

LonelyIsland said:
I have a friend who's just pro with using her.

He has this cool tank build which potentially gives him like 3 lives and a shitload of HP and armour.
Add a Zilean to the team and the enemies will despair! :p

eznark

Banned
Just jumping in for the first time in months. Still no solution for players dumping during character select?!???.....sigh

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I'm still not good at this game, but I don't think I have found the Champion that bests fits my playstyle yet. I'm thinking about trying out Kennen (I was saving up for him) - what are people's opinions around him here? Specifically when compared to the other 6300 point champions.

eznark

Banned
Oh man, such an amazing game. Can't remember why I drifted away. My old Kayle support build still works....I love this game.

Shrinnan said:
I'm still not good at this game, but I don't think I have found the Champion that bests fits my playstyle yet. I'm thinking about trying out Kennen (I was saving up for him) - what are people's opinions around him here? Specifically when compared to the other 6300 point champions.

He can be good, but he is extremely squishy. If you get good with his skill shot he can be a beast early game, which obviously will help you as you get into the later game.

I'm not sure what your play style is, so I can't really recommend a hero. My favorites are Malphite, Jax, and Taric. I used to play a lot of Teemo and Nunu when I was lower level, but it seems higher level players really don't fall for the tricks that those champs use.

Delodax

Shrinnan said:
I'm thinking about trying out Kennen (I was saving up for him) - what are people's opinions around him here?

Been trying Kennen out for that last week. I like him early game, his spells are quite strong then. However, they scale poorly with AP, single-target-wise. Late game it is hard trying to utilize his ultimate and the lightning ball since if not fed, you'll get squashed.

I am going to try focusing more on attack speed instead, but I haven't found that many interesting items besides the Rageblade. Maybe Nashor's Tooth might be good, but I hate wasting the mana regen :p

Delodax said:
Been trying Kennen out for that last week. I like him early game, his spells are quite strong then. However, they scale poorly with AP, single-target-wise. Late game it is hard trying to utilize his ultimate and the lightning ball since if not fed, you'll get squashed.

I am going to try focusing more on attack speed instead, but I haven't found that many interesting items besides the Rageblade. Maybe Nashor's Tooth might be good, but I hate wasting the mana regen :p

get phantom dancer, it also has crit and dodge, so might as well be used as a general survival and gank item

We need to get a group of 5 Gafers together to play. Tired of random teams. Got a few vent servers to steal too if people are interested.

Ryn

Downloading now...I'm probably going to suck pretty badly haha.

Edit: Name is Rynni on there, feel free to add me =)

JoeFu

Banned
Been playing Heimer like crazy lately. Love the little dude, I can't get to many kills with him, but I'm an assist monster that doesn't die too often. Also Malzahar is fun stuff, I was terrible with him at first, but I think I'm getting the hang of him.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
thestopsign said:
He can be good, but he is extremely squishy. If you get good with his skill shot he can be a beast early game, which obviously will help you as you get into the later game.

I'm not sure what your play style is, so I can't really recommend a hero. My favorites are Malphite, Jax, and Taric. I used to play a lot of Teemo and Nunu when I was lower level, but it seems higher level players really don't fall for the tricks that those champs use.

Delodax said:

Thanks for all of your impressions. I don't like squishies but I don't like melee either. If there is a character in the game that isn't squishie but doesn't rely on melee (or doesn't use melee at all) then I think that would be my character - I'm just not sure if there's a character like that.

I play a game or two a night (EST) anywhere from 4pm to 10pm, if you guys want to add me I'm chronos in game. I'm pretty good, doing well as of late. Won my last 6 games straight (overall I'm 121-102, no leaves!), which unfortunately means I'm bound to get a losing streak soon. I'm one win away from lvl 30 right now and have a pretty comprehensive rune set so far, so I'm pretty high skilled.

Jax is my main, Malphite if my team needs a straight tank, and Taric if my team needs a healer. Jax is such an awesome hero to play as, his stun is ridiculous and if you see any bad Jax players, it's because they don't use his stun enough. Malphite has an automatic kill once he gets to lvl 6, his ult early game sets him up well.

Downloading now...I'm probably going to suck pretty badly haha.

Edit: Name is Rynni on there, feel free to add me =)

I'll add you next time I get on, if you need any help getting acquainted with the game I can help. It can be pretty intimidating at first, but the community is generally supportive of new players. Just be nice and ask for suggestions in games on how to improve or better item builds. Eventually you'll find a few heroes that fit your play style perfectly and that is when you'll find your groove and be a real contributor on a team.

John

You know who's awesome? Heimerdinger. You can carry, you can defend, you can harass. I've carried with him and gone 17/2/2 and 14/2/4 different times.

eznark

Banned
Must have been too drunk to notice the other night, but Kayle's immunity is only 3 seconds long now? What the fuck is the point in even using her anymore.

Lame, off to try out new champions I guess.

eznark said:
Must have been too drunk to notice the other night, but Kayle's immunity is only 3 seconds long now? What the fuck is the point in even using her anymore.

Lame, off to try out new champions I guess.

They actually buffed her. She's not just R button now.

bluemax

Banned
Patching up, if anyone wants to play here in the next few minutes hit me up. User name is the same on LoL as gaf.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I haven't played in a while, but i'd be down for playing with some gaffers. Same name in game.

bluemax

Banned
4tu1q9.png

Ox and I had fun! That Kayle was amazing.

oxrock

in my defense, that was my first time ever playing that character! haha, ok i sucked. Was a really fun game though.

bluemax

Banned
oxrock said:
in my defense, that was my first time ever playing that character! haha, ok i sucked. Was a really fun game though.

I don't think you did that badly, I mean that Kayle was really good. One suggestion I'd have when going up such a tank heavy team, if you're playing Pantheon buy a Black Cleaver ASAP. It's going to reduce their armor and make your attacks, and your teams attacks more useful.

I'll be on like 7:30-8:00 est tonight if anyone wants to play. Name in game is J Rizzle.

Been doing really well with Kassadin. Got a few games going like 15-1 and 9-0. I rarely go negative. Love having unlimited flash.

BluWacky

John said:
You know who's awesome? Heimerdinger. You can carry, you can defend, you can harass. I've carried with him and gone 17/2/2 and 14/2/4 different times.

I find Heimer ridiculously difficult to actually get kills with. Defense and harassment I've got down - and not dying myself, too - but actually getting the kills in rather than assists I find pretty damn hard. Probably because I don't like taking the chance on Mejai's Soulstealer so I never really rack up the AP like some people do; I tend to buy at least some kind of armour along with AP items just in case. I think the answer is clearly that I'm a wuss.

Anyone played with Olaf? I was a bit disappointed with Malzahar, I've yet to play him very well and enemy Malzahars usually just feed; I don't think the buffs to the Voidling will make much of a difference, but the current patch wasn't live in Europe yesterday evening so I don't know for sure.

I've realised I've become something of a LoL addict. It's the first online game I've ever gotten into, and it's a little bit scary how much I enjoy it... at least it's free. I am king of healing support - Soraka and Taric are my favourites by far, Taric is the only character I've got the hang of tanking with and he's not even a proper tank...

Ryn

thestopsign said:
I'll add you next time I get on, if you need any help getting acquainted with the game I can help. It can be pretty intimidating at first, but the community is generally supportive of new players. Just be nice and ask for suggestions in games on how to improve or better item builds. Eventually you'll find a few heroes that fit your play style perfectly and that is when you'll find your groove and be a real contributor on a team.

Sweet. I'll most likely be on around the same time as you, probably later though, between 7pm-10pm EST, and I'd be up for some games...currently trying out Sivia.

bluemax

Banned
Ryn said:
Sweet. I'll most likely be on around the same time as you, probably later though, between 7pm-10pm EST, and I'd be up for some games...currently trying out Sivia.

Sivir seems like a pretty good character for people new to the game. She was one of the first characters that a friend of mine really clicked with.

y2dvd

So I played Dota pretty hardcore over like a year ago but stopped b/c it was too addictive lol. I plan on picking this game up tho. Where's a good source for guides in such? What are some general tips or knowledge I need to know about this game?

oxrock

I'll probably be playing this most of tonight if people want to team up.

sohois

Just played a couple of games with Malzahar. I'm getting the hang of him now; i was basically the best player in all the games i played with him. username is sohois, same as gaf name if anyone ever wants to play.

JoeFu

Banned
Just played some games with Jazzy. Good stuff! 2nd game was pretty close, but we kept destroying them in group fights, loved the last push.

JoeFu said:
Just played some games with Jazzy. Good stuff! 2nd game was pretty close, but we kept destroying them in group fights, loved the last push.

Yea good stuff. Don't usually play Fiddle, but I'm glad I did well with him.

eznark said:
Anyone playing? I think I have discovered I dig Nasus

Nasus is a surprisingly decent tank.

I can't play for a bit, moving to a new house so a lot of my stuff is in disarray right now (on my Macbook right now). Hopefully I can play with you guys more consistently in a week or so. Now that I'm lvl 30, I'm at no disadvantage and pretty much never lose unless my team has someone disconnect.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I am going tank and focusing on spirit fire. Gets tons of money and xp early which is really nice, and I dominate in mosh pits.

Aegis of Legion, Merc Treads and Sheen early seem to do a pretty solid job. I'm not getting 25 kills or anything, but I'm like 7-4-10 or so generally, which is about where my skill would put me. I can probably tank more later with that lifesteal but I hate dying.

Mardil

Not trying to start up anything, but I played this back when it was in beta and I remember the camera system being very different from what you can find in DotA or HoN (it follows you instead of you having complete control over it). Is this still true? How can I, as a DotA veteran deal with it?

Mardil said:
Not trying to start up anything, but I played this back when it was in beta and I remember the camera system being very different from what you can find in DotA or HoN (it follows you instead of you having complete control over it). Is this still true? How can I, as a DotA veteran deal with it?

You can change it.

Mardil said:

theres a button in the lower right corner that lets you lock the camera(follows you) or free roam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom