• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
0mOsg.jpg

Bad Gaf is best Gaf.

Ok, |OT| is practically done. Please give it a once over, think of guides to link to, or anything that you feel is missing.

Thank you, mods, for letting the thread go on for a little bit. I should have the |OT2| ready tonight, but without images. Mudkipz, among others, have volunteered the images. I could post it tonight and update it tomorrow. Please look at the google doc!

As long as he doesn't use Yorick.

OUCH! :( He just needed a couple more games. I'll be good with Yorick, you'll see! YOU'LL ALL SEE!
This is probably one of the best generic guides out there by the way: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=7453

Didn't notice it glancing over the Google Doc. It's one of the better explanations of roles with thorough descriptions on how each works.

Thanks! I'll include it, too.

DONE

For now. Waiting on artsy stuff!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That life steal :eek:

Was it a good game btw?
It was pretty alright. Junglers didn't have much presence for the most part (even with Shaco), so it was a little dry. Curse was winning about midway through but then there was that double kill from Vayne which helped even things out a little. CLG messed up again though and Curse went to do Baron but this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZlm9MsmwmY&feature=youtu.be

Probably the tipping point for the game. Casting was just awful though, as you can probably tell from the clips.

Boken

Banned
Cannot edit the OT2?!

I want to add:

LoL is one of the fastest growing multiplayer games in DA WORLD [link to the riot PR?, quote the numbers for the OT? teemo???]

under Features:
[number one feature!] accessible!

Q: I hear the community is shit. Is this true?
-in general the community is a lot more forgivable than other MOBA games

needs more teemos

I still think "It's so free" is better than "obey the meta"

every banner should use sexy art(tm)!!

teemo

Blizzard

Banned
needs more teemos
Since you say we need more teemos, here is my last game of the night -- a win finally, after losing like 4 ranked games in a row. I switched to Teemo and got lucky, even after my attempt to cloak near their blue buff and gank someone failed, and someone else on our team died in the process for first blood. It was a close game, and Vayne was getting very scary by 42 minutes with like 346 attack, even without many kills.

teemo4eejte.png

Flare

Since you say we need more teemos, here is my last game of the night -- a win finally, after losing like 4 ranked games in a row. I switched to Teemo and got lucky, even after my attempt to cloak near their blue buff and gank someone failed, and someone else on our team died in the process for first blood. It was a close game, and Vayne was getting very scary by 42 minutes with like 346 attack, even without many kills.

http://www.abload.de/img/teemo4eejte.png[/mg][/QUOTE]

You guys should have traded some ignites for their exhausts.

Cannot edit the OT2?!

I want to add:

LoL is one of the fastest growing multiplayer games in DA WORLD [link to the riot PR?, quote the numbers for the OT? teemo???]

under Features:
[number one feature!] accessible!

Q: I hear the community is shit. Is this true?
-in general the community is a lot more forgivable than other MOBA games

needs more teemos

I still think "It's so free" is better than "obey the meta"

every banner should use sexy art(tm)!!

teemo

Consider those changes made.

I am considering changing the tagline. I do enjoy "It's So Free" but am still open to suggestions.

dimb

So I guess The Rain Man was getting liquored up before TSM's match against Curse tonight. Baylife.

bjaelke

Consider those changes made.

I am considering changing the tagline. I do enjoy "It's So Free" but am still open to suggestions.
Here are some suggestions - since you asked ;)
League of Legends |OT2| We need a tank
League of Legends |OT2| Nerf Irelia
League of Legends |OT2| Don't chase Singed
League of Legends |OT2| Now with armored bears
League of Legends |OT2| You wanna play too? It'll be fun! (Annie quote)
League of Legends |OT2| Towerdive! We must Towerdive! (Nunu bot quote)

Boken

Banned
I also think we need a dedicated

"Tips from LoLGAF for new players" section, if anything, to show how helpful and kind lolgaf is!

Get cracking on those tips guys!

my tip,
-whenever somebody dies, check the scoreboard (default key TAB) to see what/who killed them so you can avoid that in future!
-farm (killing minions for gold) is incredibly important. A champion kill is worth only around 12 minions so think about that when you want to chase kills!
-dragon is worth around 3 champion kills in gold (190g for everybody on your team). Baron is worth 5 champion kills (300g for everybody).

actually, sexy art isnt that fun. We all know riot is against anti fun.

The end of every section should feature teemo somehow.
EnMoshin_TeemoNyan.jpg

"gotta go fast"

Banner version
EnMoshin_TeemoNyan.jpg

maybe use it to end the OT

Teemo
wooooo

League of Legends |OT2| Captain Teemo reporting for duty!

League of Legends |OT2| Don't chase Singed
With
Sermyn_Dont_Chase_thumb.jpg

ps. teemo is numba wan LoL feature hue hue

y2dvd

I don't think the tagline should be so character specific. Maybe something like what PA did cause we know it's true!

League of Legends |OT2| The free game you will spend money on!
League of Legends |OT2| Elo Hell does not make me want to LoL!

Haha my ideas aren't much better I suppose.

League of Legends |OT2| FUCK NORMALS, GET RANKED

League of Legends |OT2| I got 99 problems but ELO Hell is one

League of Legends |OT2| HAIL NIKASAUR!

Jenga

Banned
league of legends |OT2| Because you don't have a dota 2 key and spent too much money on this

release a viktor dr. doom skin riot plz

I really love Thornmail now. Wrecked an overfed Graves as Warwick. He already had stuff like Bloodthirster, Infinity and Phantom Dancer and was already 4 levels above everyone else. I only had Zerk Boots, Wits End, Thorn Mail and Vampiric Scepter but I surprisingly won. People went wtf when I ran back with like 20% health. :D

Jenga

Banned
I really love Thornmail now. Wrecked an overfed Graves as Warwick. He already had stuff like Bloodthirster, Infinity and Phantom Dancer and was already 4 levels above everyone else. I only had Zerk Boots, Wits End, Thorn Mail and Vampiric Scepter but I surprisingly won. People went wtf when I ran back with like 20% health. :D
you're WW

If a WW can outsustain an initial burst, he'll normally win a 1v1 fight. This is with a few exceptions like Yi, Trynd, and Jax.

dimb

If a WW can outsustain an initial burst, he'll normally win a 1v1 fight.
I don't really agree with this at all. WW is pretty bad right now, especially with the new jungle. Graves is probably one of the strongest champions in the game. Late game he can 1v1 loads of other champs, so it'd be unusual for a WW to beat one.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
WW with the right items can 1v1 a lot of things.

WW vanilla, however, is a terrible duelist. He would lose handily to many other junglers.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't really agree with this at all. WW is pretty bad right now, especially with the new jungle. Graves is probably one of the strongest champions in the game. Late game he can 1v1 loads of other champs, so it'd be unusual for a WW to beat one.
Speaking as someone who used to play warwick jungle all the time, I would suspect this was and is the case. If you build warwick tanky enough to roam and try to pick people off, then he might take some hits but be unlikely to do super high damage. If he's built to do more damage then he is probably going to die in 1v1 situations.

I felt he was good for trying to pick low health people off, or chasing if you can get close enough to melee them with red buff. (Does red buff affect his Q now? Side note, I think they added a new animation to his Q some time ago, for some reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom