• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

How often do you play aginst Galio? I feel like I haven't seen him played in like months lol

Also vi mid sounds terrible

Once tonight and once 2 nights ago.

First time was 2 nights ago.

Feel like it's cause of the half off deal.

Yeah, but I don't like dealing with tanks on top and I'll be damned if I try Vi Bot :/

Seeing that AD mids like Talon or Zed counter him but I don't wanna ride that filthy Zed train :/
(Plus I ban Zed every chance I get so I'm sure others do it to)

Game had mercy on me and didnt demote me again on Bronze V. sitting on 0 mark.

jzc9UkS.gif

pigeon

Banned
I still don't understand Fiora's design.
What a broken champion.

Terrible at teamfighting. No AoE damage except W which you can't just use for damage. No CC unless she ripostes your CC. Only AoE utility ability still requires you to kill somebody to get the benefit. Q is a great combat tool but doesn't cover a lot of distance as a gapcloser.

When you're against Fiora you know 100% that she's going to splitpush the entire game and look for opportunities to TP into a flanking attack or a running engagement. It's the only thing she knows how to do. So wait for somebody to die or back and then just group as 5, walk up mid, get an objective, and go back top to stop her. Repeat. Don't run into her like she can't kill you 1v1 because she can kill you 1v1.

kogmaw is hilarious, two manned baron with a malphite in like 10 seconds

By contrast, Kog'Maw just seems really stupid this patch.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I still don't understand Fiora's design.
What a broken champion.
It's an issue with uncompromised numbers more than anything. No way to build defensively against % health true damage. At the same time the items in the game right now let Fiora do incredible damage while still being hyper mobile and very tanky. Performance in lane, items built, gold earned...these things mean a lot less to someone like Fiora. There are numbers baked into Fiora's kit that are insane on paper that most people don't even realize are there. Riposte will give a 50% attack speed slow if it doesn't reflect CC.

Is this a bug with Azir or I don't know how to play him? I often can't get soldiers to attack a target around it, usually when I'm fairly far away.

kenbo

The soldiers will change position of their spears; they will hold them in a standby position pointing straight upwards rather than straight forwards.

yeah they'll stand up straight 'at attention' when they wont attack

they lean forward and point their spears forward when they will attack.

in other news I played kog maw

he's frigging disgusting when ahead

String of Fails tonight.

First with Galio >_>
2nd cause, as Trist, I tried to protect our JG from Shaco ... but my JG and Sup took extra long in the shop. Run into Shaco, almost got him but then his team caves in on me giving them first blood. Then 2nd and 3rd as the Jg and Sup rush in. Then their Bot swings in from behind on me and kills me again when I return to lane (they were still in our JG ...)
3rd Cause it was a 4v5 (shoulda known the Thresh Jg was some bull shit. He was AFK after his invade didn't work)
4th? Had 2 AFK! The Jg AND Support (And Our Top Rockman fed their AxeMan so he simply became my problem real fast). Through out this I was still able to style on their EZ mid ... Once he got salty at me turning the tides on him with that Diana Power spike I proudly pointed out that "Even with 2 AFK you still need your whole team to kill me".

Such bad luck tonight.

Blizzard

Banned
Trying hard, getting A and S ranks, lots of CS, had very mixed results for me.

The very final game of the night, I saw something like yasuo top, eve jungle, and corki mid. I gave up any hope of a normal game, or kog'maw working, and I picked malphite for the yasuo combo. No ADC, since I was supposed to ADC.

It turns out the person queuing for bronze 2 "support" intended to play leblanc anyway and laned with me. They had 25 mejais stacks in under 9 minutes. Then died, then promptly got up to 25 again. When the other team surrendered at 20 minutes, leblanc was 21/1/6.

TheFlow

Banned
lost my first silver game

our top tahm rushed a thornmail against a garen then a hydra.

Garen got so fed he roamed other lanes and curbstomped us. Tahm didn't build a single health item and went 1/8

Talents

Banned
what's a disco nunu and why is it bad

It was where someone would instalock Nunu and take the summoners Cleanse and Clarity, getting red trinket and running down a lane and feeding the other team. It's called disco Nunu cause when you spammed all the actives and summoners at once, it kind of looked like a disco.

I've stopped being surprised at Yasuos being able to win any lane in top lane. It happened after I saw Udyr lose to him.

Honestly I'm surprised at that. A lot of the melee matchups top lane, Yasuo loses. It's why I never play him top.

Leezard

Honestly I'm surprised at that. A lot of the melee matchups top lane, Yasuo loses. It's why I never play him top.

Common sense says that Yasuo will lose, yes. Somehow when my team's top laner faces Yasuo top he/she always finds a way to let Yasuo win the lane though.

TheFlow

Banned
jost lost my last game due to another shitty top.

if you are jax top why would you rush frozen heart against a nasus???? is this what silver players do

if you are jax top why would you rush frozen heart against a nasus???? is this what silver players do

Quite frankly, yes. It's what some gold players do and even what some plat players can do.

League has many aspects of mastery that need to be mastered before you can reliably climb. Some people have god like mechanics and no game knowledge or map sense. Some people have great map sense but no reflexes or game knowledge and so on. Different people at different elos will have different levels of mastery for each of this aspect.

Only when you start mastering all of these aspects will you begin to clim reliably. When pros stomp low elo games it's because they know something is a kill, they know exactly what will happen, they have the ability to pull it off, and then they have the sense to do something with that kill.

TheFlow

Banned
frozen heart does nothing against a nasus who is rushing the same theing^.It was the match up because a jax is not going to outtank a nasus.

these silvers players can't play top to save their lives.

our darius top got rekted. he was 0/5 before 15 mins in.

frozen heart does nothing against a nasus who is rushing the same theing^.It was the match up because a jax is not going to outtank a nasus.

It obviously does nothing. It doesn't mean they don't do it. I wasn't implying it was right I'm saying that you're going to get players who do fucked up things all the way through not just bronze.

I had a dream about Ao Shin being released.
Was a cinematic trailer. But I was it in with the pov of a summoner. Think his mentor named Crimson got killed or something and he had to escape his land for some reason. It was crazy as hell lol.

garath

these silvers players can't play top to save their lives.

our darius top got rekted. he was 0/5 before 15 mins in.

Most likely they are following some sort of guide. Or believe that the long term benefit of the item outweighs struggling in lane. Don't think I'd rush a frozen heart on jax regardless but still. Thoughtful building is a skill as much as clicking the right buttons is.

zkylon

zkylewd
I had a dream about Ao Shin being released.
Was a cinematic trailer. But I was it in with the pov of a summoner. Think his mentor named Crimson got killed or something and he had to escape his land for some reason. It was crazy as hell lol.
lol that's pretty good

That was a strange game ...

When trying to game the system with Azir and Liss Bot doesn't work out in your favor.

EDIT- Do people try to run out the ban timer to tilt people? Just had the enemy team do that and the last guy tried to last second ban but dodged instead.

Quonny

Two 4v5's in a row. Just the excuse I needed to step away.

Well, I hit gold, I'm done with this game for a few months. Backlog is huge anyway.

jerd

Gragas has the best jungle kit in the game right now. Crazy clears, great cc, good mobility, decent damage while building durable. I think too many people are still building cinderhulk on him rather than going runic echoes>iceborn>tank on him or else his win rate would be higher.

Kenai

That feel when the enemy Fizz is "Godlike" and you look at the clock and it hasn't been 10 min.

Silver struggle is real.

TheFlow

Banned
I am going to play more ekko and gragas jungler before the movement speed nerf

merc being buffed and swift being nerfed is good for supports

pigeon

Banned
New Warlord's Bloodlust is interesting. Just get a bunch of free lifesteal. Really depends on what that curve looks like. Also seems like it would be better for anybody except ADCs since they tend to build the most lifesteal.

Top Bottom