• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

-Don't always go in after you land a hook.

-Sometimes you can throw your lantern out behind you to scare people by making them think you have backup coming.

-Make sure you have the max Flay damage before you last hit a minion because ADCs hate it when you don't secure the gold and a minion kills it.

jerd

Swifties and runic echos move speed nerfs laners everywhere rejoice no more "that dude was bot 4 seconds ago wtf"

TheFlow

Banned
it's ok, rito was nice enough to match me against yasuos every game for like 2 months in a row

i can't really complain about "small stuff" like this when i have free lanes every game

start e

auto minions

get lvl 2

walk up to them, e them in then hook

nice and ty! I wanna learn thresh since I have a lot of his skins

Hard

Banned
As a top main, fuck top mains. Think they're so smart.

It's 'cause we are. ADCs and Mids, they need us.

Thank GOD. Needed this change so badly, since hard CC is everywhere.

Rest in pieces

Why? What was the purpose of this? Cait is the 2nd lowest win rate ADC in the game! Only Jhin and Tristana are lower. Makes 0 sense.

But should they is the question really

The answer is no

His laning phase is doody

Why? What was the purpose of this? Cait is the 2nd lowest win rate ADC in the game! Only Jhin and Tristana are lower. Makes 0 sense.

Because Cait would max out W second and then proceed to line every turret she sieges with 5 traps making it dangerous to impossible to engage on the siege.

Ashhong

Damn why didn't someone tell me how much fun Bard is to play? Something about his walk too. I just want to run around collecting chimes all day

pigeon

Banned
It's so sad to only have one ban. I did my job and banned Kog'Maw! You're supposed to ban Xin or Fiora or something, not fucking Zed. Stop banning Zed for God's sake.

TheFlow

Banned
It's so sad to only have one ban. I did my job and banned Kog'Maw! You're supposed to ban Xin or Fiora or something, not fucking Zed. Stop banning Zed for God's sake.

lol the enemy team just banned kog? is he good now because imo he sucks balls

garath

Zed is my number 1 ban right now. Followed closely by fiora and Quinn. Zed is just too strong with all the armor pen. He's hugely mobile, hard to gank and does a metric ton of damage. Nasty guy to be playing against in competant hands.

patchday

Diana's Butchers? The hell?

good! Hopefully by the time I come back from SFV the good players will all be in gold so it'll be easier to raise up out of bronze

Swifties and runic echos move speed nerfs laners everywhere rejoice no more "that dude was bot 4 seconds ago wtf"

hm, yeah I better keep an eye on this thread. that way when I return I wont be using old stuff. I swear this only game I play that gets rebooted every month

pigeon

Banned
I incline wth Zky here. I've yet to see a Zed that did anything relevant after like twenty minutes. They probably get a few kills mid early, but they don't do anything in a teamfight except ult somebody and go 1 for 1. Usually by the time the pretty animation stops playing we're ready to clean him up. Once again, just don't try to duel him and you'll be fine.

garath

Zed, Kog, and Xin are stupid right now, but I'm surprised at how little I'm seeing Shyvana being banned. She's just as menacing.

Shyvana lacks the impact other devourer junglers would make. Xin and yi for example utilize it much better. Xin with the CC and higher burst damage, yi for becoming an in slowable, CC dodging, huge damage late game god. She still has the issue of no CC and nothing to prevent her from getting kited. She sticks well to people these days with the movement speed but really limited in what she can do outside of harassing a backline or soaking damage.

I was tristana against a fed shyvana recently and she did a pretty decent job sticking to me and chasing me around team fights but that left my team 4v4 against theirs. I just kited her with my tools until the teamfight shifted in our favor. If she opted to jump into the whole team instead of diving the backline, her lack of CC just meant she was sitting in the middle doing moderate damage and nothing else. Either she was alone and got blown up quick or she was ignored and her team got cleaned up. She's like a less annoying udyr.

zkylon

zkylewd
mind you with zhonyas being really garbage zed is actually really strong atm and very much ban-worthy

zed players still suck and will often throw or be useless later in the game but if u don't wanna deal with his bullshit just ban him away

meanwhile hexdrinker is considered ok by rito for what reason now?

wait it costs only like 1300g and gives you awesome stats while making you unburstable and at the same time is really cost efficient? and it just builds into a perfectly cost efficient item that has all the stats an assassin will ever need (or some adcs, really) in a really smooth build path? oh and it's a passive so in case u had to u know think a bit about preventing dmg don't worry about it!

hexdrinker now is terribad

the real item you should be talking about is Maw of Malmortius, which is probably the strongest A.Pen item in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
definitely, i edited a bit about maw back in

just saying that hexdrinker achieves a similar effect to zhonyas while being much cheaper and also easily building into a terribly useful item that's very cost efficient

like if u want zed to stop killing you you need to spend 3500g. if you want leblanc to stop killing you you need to spend 1300g

she can still kill harder than zed can kill you when u have zhonyas but u also just spent a third of that money

jerd

Oh god i got added by someone that i shit on for the first time in forever and he's currently raging at me through private messages i'm so happy right now

I was gonna post the transcript here but he's saying some pretty racist stuff so just know that he's mad lol. Is there a way to send this log to riot?

Last game I decided to go the Rageblade, Split pusher route with Diana cause we started out so far behind with our ADC Graves being disconnected til we were all level 4.

Forgot how fun it is. Also forgot the order I use to build these items :/

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh god i got added by someone that i shit on for the first time in forever and he's currently raging at me through private messages i'm so happy right now

I was gonna post the transcript here but he's saying some pretty racist stuff so just know that he's mad lol. Is there a way to send this log to riot?
rito support or take a screenshot and upload it on imgur or whatever and send them the link on the report message

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
how are you supposed to play against nasus? he gets an infinitely scaling nuke he can spam every two seconds that heals him too, his ult also heals him, and even if you starve him of farm early all he needs is to last hit with his q and it's all for nothing

zkylon

zkylewd
pull the lane and try to freeze near ur turret so that he overextends and jungler camps him

that's all i got, i never see nasus these days

kenbo

how are you supposed to play against nasus? he gets an infinitely scaling nuke he can spam every two seconds that heals him too, his ult also heals him, and even if you starve him of farm early all he needs is to last hit with his q and it's all for nothing
Call your jungler for pre 6 ganks. The guy can only flash

Or play a disgusting top laner and freeze and zone him off the minions (don't push unless necessary)

pigeon

Banned

Kite him. He has no gap closers except the slow on W (and Stormraider's if he's running that).

If you have enough power you can try to fast push at level 1 and kill him early. You need the right champ for that. But you will only be able to keep him down for a little while.

Also, try to get stuff around the map while he's stacking Q. Nasus does literally nothing at level 1 except lifesteal and not much more until level 6 or 7 usually. He is not that easy to kill but he can't exactly shove out the wave and roam. Nor can he teamfight effectively since all he does is Q people. You should try to get an advantage in other lanes, take objectives, and then play around his splitpush/TP once he gets strong.

My worst Nasus games aren't the ones where I die early or get camped, they're the ones where I am very strong but bot lane is 0/12 and there's nothing I can do except get rooted and killed trying to get into a teamfight.

Isn't that the point? Cait is meant for zone control and siege.

Yes but when there's literally no counterplay besides eat the trap it's kind of forcing you to balance a very tight rope and then after falling some guy comes up and kicks you in the nuts to make sure it's extra punitive.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah Cait's traps are definitely a tad oppressive. I'm not sure how I feel about nerfing the headshot damage though. I feel like lowering the number of traps or even establishing a set number of traps that can be placed in one area at a time could be a healthier solution.

Blizzard

Banned
I can believe that Caitlyn's win rate is low, but one of the only times I saw her recently, I instantly died near her as an armored Nasus (not even time for more than 2 Caitlyn shots?). The death summary screen said that I took something like 796 headshot damage through 175 armor...and I think she only had IE + one other item? Maybe two, but I don't think I saw last whisper or whatever.

I was surprised.

Cait's winrate is low because she's hard to play. You need to take fully advantage of her kit while having people backing you up to make the most of her.

Leezard

Unique Toggle changed to Unique Passive - Shock.
"UNIQUE Passive - Shock: Single target spells and attacks (on hit) on Champions consume 3% of current Mana to deal bonus physical damage equal to twice the amount of Mana consumed.This effect only activates while you have greater than 20% maximum Mana."
Bonus damage now only vs champions.
No longer a toggle.
Effect only activates when you have more then 20% maximum mana.
Muramana change is interesting.

First of all, it's 4% right now right?

Not being able to toggle it off will be annoying versus tanks, I bet.

Cait has a shitty win rate because she's of limited use before 4 items and a lot of soloq games don't go over 30 minutes. The lower the elo, the worse people are at farming and the longer it takes to reach four items.

Cait has a shitty win rate because she's of limited use before 4 items and a lot of soloq games don't go over 30 minutes. The lower the elo, the worse people are at farming and the longer it takes to reach four items.

I guess my high win rate with her is an outlier then.

The headshot nerd will hurt a bit, but is it for her E as well as W? I use the net a lot in fights for a quick E-auto-auto combo that does nice damage, especially once I have 2 items.

Top Bottom