• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

garath

I've played 18 games of ranked so far this season. I always queue jungle as primary. Thus far I've gotten jungle 7 times. This isn't even including the dodges. Tonight for example, I had 5 dodges. I queued bot (my secondary role) each and every time. Most of the time the wait is less than a minute. There's absolutely no reason I should be getting a secondary game with less than a minute of queue time.

There is something seriously wrong with their primary and secondary algorithm. I'm getting very frustrated. This is a 40/60 split. Not what I would expect when I'm presented with choices called "primary" and "secondary".

I can carry from adc position but not when the support is constantly going in and suiciding. I've had almost as much as I can take from bot lane solo.

And I need to add a Silver nidalee jungle without a single nidalee game in his history for dodge candidates. At this rate I'll be dodging more than I'm playing.

Are they ever going for a big stadium again?

It doesn't have to be a big one but in one of those smallish MLS venues would be cool. I thought it was pretty awesome set outdooors in Korea. I see how Arenas are the way to go tho.

Staples is the biggest indoor stadium in LA, second biggest in California. 18,000 or so people.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
how are you supposed to play against nasus? he gets an infinitely scaling nuke he can spam every two seconds that heals him too, his ult also heals him, and even if you starve him of farm early all he needs is to last hit with his q and it's all for nothing
Nasus is very vulnerable to being kited. One of the things I find interesting is that even though Nasus scales up his late late game is sort of weak because of how people can kite him around or gang up to burn him down. You see a slight dip for Nasus win rate past the 40+ minute mark.
that chicago theatre is legit
It's a pretty surprising venue choice, given that most of the other locations are stadiums. I don't really know how much an event like that would fit me, but it's tempting to go.

TheFlow

Banned
nasus top fed 1/4 and rene roamed other lanes aka we lost.

I am noticing a trend where top laners on my team suck balls and cost us game.

fwiw, Worlds semis and the final were the first esports events I went to. It's a different and really brilliant atmosphere watching it in a venue full of people. I wasn't quite sure what it would be like watching a screen in a venue while people played games but it really surprised me how enjoyable it was.

I was in London for Origen vs Flash Wolves when Soaz got the pentakill. It was incredible. The atmosphere was really great and I met a lot of cool people there. If it's nearby and you have the chance to go you should. Definitely going to try and go to one of the stops in the US. Shanghai would be too expensive and awkward I think.

pigeon

Banned
nasus top fed 1/4 and rene roamed other lanes aka we lost.

I am noticing a trend where top laners on my team suck balls and cost us game.

The secret is that top laners are all terrible. You know why they call some top lane matchups "skill matchups?"

BECAUSE MOST TOP LANE MATCHUPS REQUIRE NO SKILL

I WENT THERE

dimb

I really don't think the current meta allows Renekton to really burn down Nasus the way he might want to. If anything it heavily favors Nasus, because it's a pretty safe lane to farm.

Hard

Banned
>tfw no one knows how to Lacoste Croc

- Harass without pushing lane

- All in at level 3

- Let the wave push to your turret, even if that means missing CS

- Freeze freeze freeze

- Doge is kill

pigeon

Banned
>tfw no one knows how to Lacoste Croc

- Harass without pushing lane

- All in at level 3

- Let the wave push to your turret, even if that means missing CS

- Freeze freeze freeze

- Doge is kill

Yeah, I was gonna say, Nasus into Renekton doesn't seem that bad but it really depends on your ability to get Renek to push the lane. Everything he does to harass you can push the lane to some degree but it's up to you to make sure it gets pushed as much as possible.

If Renek freezes the lane you will be a sad dog (and you will have to unfreeze it with E).

Hard

Banned
100% that Nasus is going to rush Frozen Heart or IBG. The goal is to make it as long as possible until he reaches that point, and to use your advantage to snowball the game out of control before he out-scales you.

You basically want to shit on him and make sure he doesn't get the chance to play League of Legends.

dimb

You basically want to shit on him and make sure he doesn't get the chance to play League of Legends.
Okay, Renekton doesn't do that anymore...and I don't know what year the people who think he does are in.

Hard

Banned
Okay, Renekton doesn't do that anymore...and I don't know what year the people who think he does are in.

Nah he can still rekt depends on if the person knows what Rene does

hasnt been that way since tp meta came into play.

Renekton isn't that good anymore. I know cause I play him I lot.

what about when marin played renek at worlds :^)

Renek is still a solid pick, the meta is just in a bad spot for him at the moment. Ranged top laners and armor-stacking tanks are in, which is not good for Lacoste Croc.

dimb

Ignite is viable again, but honestly Renekton just doesn't have the numbers, mobility, or even mastery use to truly be a lane bully in the way he used to be. If you look at damage dealt by top laners Renekton is frankly just not competitive anymore. This is not to say that Renekton is unplayable, but he cannot keep pace with other top laners when it comes to damage. He is not a lane bully like that any longer.

zkylon

zkylewd
949AA93EE05EA0C6E377A68ACB1AB33500175FA3
4904C22E56C3CAEB88111C9F68D0EDD9D7411F61
CCFC1D8EBB0092E39E22B68797CD9B0A529A9357

im addicted to making league characters in xcom2 lol

TheFlow

Banned
Basing your picks on the hope that your lane opponent doesn't know what your champ does is generally not a good strategy lol

Zky have you made Twisted Fate yet?

I mean I am in Silver 5. people don't know a lot of shit down here. I am pretty much carrying myself to Gold with Nami.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear! I am going against a top lane rene right now

will I win this one or lose my second game in a row tonight to rene?

patchday

I've played 18 games of ranked so far this season. I always queue jungle as primary. Thus far I've gotten jungle 7 times. This isn't even including the dodges. Tonight for example, I had 5 dodges. I queued bot (my secondary role) each and every time. Most of the time the wait is less than a minute. There's absolutely no reason I should be getting a secondary game with less than a minute of queue time.

There is something seriously wrong with their primary and secondary algorithm. I'm getting very frustrated. This is a 40/60 split. Not what I would expect when I'm presented with choices called "primary" and "secondary".

just go jungle / mid. That should increase your odds to like 90% jungle.
I can carry from adc position but not when the support is constantly going in and suiciding. I've had almost as much as I can take from bot lane solo.

And I need to add a Silver nidalee jungle without a single nidalee game in his history for dodge candidates. At this rate I'll be dodging more than I'm playing.

yeah thats what caused me to want to take a break. Last time I was adc my support didnt even ward (he told me he was building Mana/AP lol). Nor did he concern himself with vision denial.

I was still nice and all that but in my mind I was thinking, "omg you should just go play Anniva mid, not support"

patchday

I mean I am in Silver 5. people don't know a lot of shit down here. I am pretty much carrying myself to Gold with Nami.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear! I am going against a top lane rene right now

will I win this one or lose my second game in a row tonight to rene?

good I am happy for you. You'll get Gold

I am starting to feel a bit better now. I havent played for awhile but I watched some great LoL streamers and received some great tips /fix grammar

yeah thats what caused me to want to take a break. Last time I was adc my support didnt even ward (he told me he was building Mana/AP lol). Nor did he concern himself with vision denial.

I was still nice and all that but in my mind I was thinking, "omg you should just go play Anniva mid, not support"

Why select support if you don't actually want to support? The mind fucking boggles.

Top Bottom