• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Been picking up Lulu again since she was to me, my 'baby's first support' when I started out League. Forgot how much I used to love her, though she's much more effective in a solo lane because of how much her utility scales off gold.

Plus you know, assassins in the mid lane. Just want to fuck over a Zed that tries to rush that shitty Duskblade item first.

Calvero

Banned
Leveling up my alt account and I finally played Ezreal. He's pretty fun to play! Really nice during team fights if you position well around your team and the enemy doesn't go after you.

drawkcaB

All my queue times for Normal draft games are like 15-25 minutes. Very painful.

Do you mean that between the usual wait and matches not actually starting (i.e. champ select AFKs) it takes that long, or that it takes that long just to get into a lobby at all?

Have a tldr for people at work? :)
k3FazYK.jpg

Newt

List is kinda bogus lol. Ezreal and Kalista are both S+ tier diamond champs.

Also Ryze lol. He's a trash tier solo q champ.

Also Janna not S tier whaaatt.

garath

If you're lower than master don't play a champ that requires an iota of brain power to use

Yeah. That seems to sum up that info graphic.

Ashe and MF S tier adcs? Hm..

And basically just play Darius top and yi jungle and win for days.

Talents

Banned
List is kinda bogus lol. Ezreal and Kalista are both S+ tier diamond champs.

Also Ryze lol. He's a trash tier solo q champ.

Also Janna not S tier whaaatt.

I don't think it's really supposed to be a "what's viable" tier list, but rather a what to play if you really want to win a lot of your games tier list. I've played him quite a few times mid and think as long as you don't play him against assassins and you know how to play around ganks, he is a good champion. LS is the one of the first people I've seen to think that he can be played at a high level in the mid lane.

garath

I'll have to listen to the video to get his reasonings but just looking at the adc list for example, it's hard to agree with. In this movement heavy meta, he has chosen the two least mobile adcs that require good positioning. MF can at least function as a lane bully but ashe only beings initiation to the table in the lower elo. I guess that's fair. It will help win games. But not if you are always dead.

Edit: ashe still has good winrate. I guess I'm doing myself a disservice not playing her this season. I had a very nice winrate with her last season. Might as well build on it. I haven't really found my adc niche this season anyways. Trist is my best adc right now.

Hard

Banned
MF being S tier for Bronze/Silver makes sense, considering the game devolves into an ARAM after the first round of turrets drops anyway.

Just press R to win a team-fight. It's that easy. Probably Ashe would be strong as well because of her slows making it easier to kite.

Calvero

Banned
Played my first Nami game in my alt account just now. She feels so good as a support champ, I loved it. Well, anyway, it was kind of funny. In my game, Shaco cheesed first two kills off of our jungle Jax. And jax got pretty pissed off. I just warded our tri-bush at the start of the game. Got Ez a double kill right off the bat and he recalled. So I told him to buy a vision ward so we could have vision on Shaco ganks, and he says: "I know how to play. I'm korean." lol we completely shut out Shaco from bot lane, he tried camping us and couldn't get anything done.

edit: also 1v1d enemy Ezreal at one point with empowered e, w, exhaust, q.

MF being S tier for Bronze/Silver makes sense, considering the game devolves into an ARAM after the first round of turrets drops anyway.

Just press R to win a team-fight. It's that easy. Probably Ashe would be strong as well because of her slows making it easier to kite.

Ashe is one of my strongest ADCs but I don't play her in ranked much. Because it requires trust in your support during laning phase and the number of feed-happy bot lane partners I've had makes me trust almost no one.

My win rate as my three mains in the ADC role is about 70 percent (19-8 on Jinx, Caitlyn and Ashe combined) but so far, its been the other roles I've had struggles with.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
first game of the day, mid feeds annie 2 kills and bot feeds kogmaw 4 kills in the first 6 minutes

I literally cannot win these

Hard

Banned
Ashe is one of my strongest ADCs but I don't play her in ranked much. Because it requires trust in your support during laning phase and the number of feed-happy bot lane partners I've had makes me trust almost no one.

I wouldn't play any immobile ADC if you don't trust your support to save you in a jam. That's why I like Braum, protecting your ADC from themselves isn't difficult :^)

I wouldn't play any immobile ADC if you don't trust your support to save you in a jam. That's why I like Braum, protecting your ADC from themselves isn't difficult :^)

Indeed. Morg is also fairly good at this, I've found, which is why they are my two main support picks right now.

People like to yell at me for not spamming binds or missing one, though. Usually right before they get themselves ganked on the other side of the map :v

zkylon

zkylewd
what's that list based of, sounds really bad

like i know it's not winrate cos lux isn't there anywhere and it has like ziggs and vladimir?

wtf

edit: lol i was looking at plat, at diamond he's just like every single midlaner in the game lol

when's the last time ls was relevant anyways -__-

garath

like i know it's not winrate cos lux isn't there anywhere and it has like ziggs and vladimir?

wtf

edit: lol i was looking at plat, at diamond he's just like every single midlaner in the game lol

I think he's been asking himself that very question.

wtf

who is that guy?

zkylon

zkylewd
he's an old starcraft pro player that moved to coaching league teams remote from korea or something. he coached supa hot crew i think? but most importantly gravity during a good chunk of their good season and he got into a controversy thing with ocelote cos ocelote apparently didn't want to pay him and he made fun of ls on stream for being gay and whatnot

he also posted a lot of youtube videos of him doing like one on one coaching to regular league players teaching them item builds and decisionmaking and general mechanics. those videos were weird, sometimes really good stuff but often enough he'd rant about chess for like 15 minutes to say something really simple

Nekofrog

Banned
LS is knowledgeable on a lot of things but when he starts to drift into stuff he doesn't know about, he tries to BS his way through it and it shows. painfully.

pigeon

Banned
I don't doubt LS's game knowledge and capability at all, but watching his coaching session videos is painful because he's just not good at the basics of communication. Like, it's a 1-1 coaching session that somebody paid for, you need to identify their communication strategy and engage with it, that is literally your job.

zkylon

zkylewd
he also tended to like laugh at the person he was coaching's expense a whole lot which was kind of weird

you could tell he meant it to come off as jokey but it was just awkward to watch lol

Blizzard

Banned
And basically just play Darius top and yi jungle and win for days.
Do you have stats on this? lolking says Darius hasn't had a single day with >50% ranked win rate until gold...and even then it's BARELY 50%. It doesn't even vary much.

champion.gg shows his highest win% core build as 50.4% win rate.

*edit* Augh double post.

pigeon

Banned
Do you have stats on this? lolking says Darius hasn't had a single day with >50% ranked win rate until gold...and even then it's BARELY 50%. It doesn't even vary much.

champion.gg shows his highest win% core build as 50.4% win rate.

*edit* Augh double post.

He's saying that's what the graphic says. LS's list doesn't seem to relate very much to win rates, which is, like, suspect.

k heres the ghost tier list for every role

good

top: gangplank fiora malphite

mid: lux zed ahri

jungle: udyr nidalee elise

adc: lucian ezreal kogmaw

support: janna alistar blitzcrank

shit: everyone else

Hard

Banned
Nasus isn't that bad. It's just that the higher you go, the more likely the lane opponent is to know about wave manipulation.

No Jayce anywhere. Fuck this list.

46.56% top win rate in Plat+. That's lower than Lacoste Croc, and I had to defend him a few pages ago.

45.9% mid.

Blizzard

Banned
first game of the day, mid feeds annie 2 kills and bot feeds kogmaw 4 kills in the first 6 minutes

I literally cannot win these
I was going to ask if you were playing against me, but I see you posted a while ago. I had an Annie mid on my team, and I got a quadrakill with Kog'Maw in maybe the first 15 minutes, but not that early.

zkylon

zkylewd
costy i'm glad you're not in charge of the hype department lol

k heres the ghost tier list for every role

good

top: gangplank fiora malphite

mid: lux zed ahri

jungle: udyr nidalee elise

adc: lucian ezreal kogmaw

support: janna alistar blitzcrank

shit: everyone else
no graves or quinn?