• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Tizoc

So my Kayle rushes a rylai instead of guinsoo
my Shaco builds a Rylai for fuck knows all
and Gragas builds a rylai too
You peeps don't have ENOUGH slows on your abilities?

Blizzard

Banned
So my Kayle rushes a rylai instead of guinsoo
my Shaco builds a Rylai for fuck knows all
and Gragas builds a rylai too
You peeps don't have ENOUGH slows on your abilities?
Why didn't you build a rylai? Sounds like someone's...not a team player. :D

pigeon

Banned

garath

Do you have stats on this? lolking says Darius hasn't had a single day with >50% ranked win rate until gold...and even then it's BARELY 50%. It doesn't even vary much.

champion.gg shows his highest win% core build as 50.4% win rate.

*edit* Augh double post.

He's saying that's what the graphic says. LS's list doesn't seem to relate very much to win rates, which is, like, suspect.

Yeah. I really have to watch the video to get his context but from what I see it's just a combo of very simple mechanical champions with some sort of silver bullet - team initiation, lane bully, super strong CC, etc.

My guess is he believes that people in bronze and silver are there because they can't handle the mechanics of the more complex champions. That's really short sighted. Im sure that's the case for some but frankly I believe the greater deficit is the decision making that revolves around game knowledge. Even the most complex lol champ is less complex than say a fighting game. What I see in bronze and silver all the time is - questionable item builds, poor objective control, bad trades, bad all ins, failing to make the most of your time, milling around without knowing what to do.

Maybe his argument is a simple champion gives you more leeway to make those types of decisions but again, will have to watch to find out.

Though based on other coaching videos he has, he doesn't explain it very well anyways.

drawkcaB

Like, it's a 1-1 coaching session that somebody paid for, you need to identify their communication strategy and engage with it, that is literally your job.

I know that if I were being paid to teach someone anything, I'd laugh at them and tell them they're terrible. Seems like a sensible approach to teaching.

(Tier list is crap)

rito gave me most of what i was asking for when they reduced athenes and morellos prices

zhonyas is still really dumb and rito pretending ad items aren't an issue when maw and steak are making games have anywhere from 3 to 5 adcs is also very dumb
Yeah.
Remember i was in a ranked match and i had hovered over quinn and our jungle was hovering over graves jg and our mid laner freaked out say we had no tanks and that 3ADC is bad. I still picked quinn but graves switched.

Nekofrog

Banned
until there are viable midlaners out there that can instaburst squishies before they know what happened that aren't named Zed or Leblanc, 5 ADC team comps will still happen (ashe support believe T_T )

Hard

Banned
until there are viable midlaners out there that can instaburst squishies before they know what happened that aren't named Zed or Leblanc, 5 ADC team comps will still happen (ashe support believe T_T )

Talon.

though he requires negative skill to play effectively.

I think I have to be done with Bot Lane.

I mean, daaaamn ... so tired of shitty supports.

Someone picked Thresh and apparently had the option to be Nut-the-blitz (Who I'm SURE is far easier to use) or Nami ... but they picked Thresh. Fucker is wiggling behind me, can't land a hook, not harassing anyone and over all can't make basic Thresh plays (cause he's not even trying to hook people and when he does it misses by a damn mile). I don't think I saw him use one skill outter than those Hook misses and one lantern. I ask him why did he pick Thresh seeing as he doesn't seem to know wtf to do and he starts getting salty. It's one thing if you're new to a champ, just give people a heads up... just please don't treat your ADC like a meat shield that's supposed to be between you and the enemy most of the time :/

I'm tired of this shit, having to roll the dice on team members is bad enuff ... having to roll the dice on who will basically help carry you outta the laning phase is just too much. Too many supports at my noob level seem to think that they're some porcelain doll that's just there to look pretty and not be touched.

Guess I should just get Tryndamere and a caster so that I can start putting top as my secondary to Mid (a caster cause Top Lane seems to be the most random assortment of bs counter picks. I normally don't like to top cause I thought it lonely and full of tanks but really it's just a box of chocolates up there. Here's a Teemo to gimp your melee Tank. Here's an EZ or Jhin cause why not? Here's a Xerath or LB ... anything goes).

And I don't think I'm gonna pick up Talon. If I come across a Galio I'm gonna try to counter him with Trist. Might not be the best plan but he's Melee so I'd have that advantage...

zkylon

zkylewd

you're making it sound like it's a midlane problem tho

problem is graves or quinn buy maw and steak and get super hard to kill and still can oneshot you

Blizzard

Banned
talon gets countered by a pink ward and an exhaust so no
Zed ult can also be countered by exhaust. Zed also can't kill people before they know what happened since his ult damage is on a delay, unless he's so massively ahead that he has IE and kills with a crit or something.

Annie and Veigar do large burst damage if they're ahead, if you're looking for burst mages.

zkylon

zkylewd
qss is much more expensive than a pink ward lol

zed is super op right now cos zhonyas is so bad and maw is so good

edit: also talon is kinda garbage in lane lol

Nekofrog

Banned
you're making it sound like it's a midlane problem tho

problem is graves or quinn buy maw and steak and get super hard to kill and still can oneshot you

i'd say the itemization is still a core problem for mid lane. you can't build bursty enough quick enough to counter those items. if you could then it wouldn't be a problem, but you know a 100ap item has to cost 3500g for some reason.

I think I have to be done with Bot Lane.

I mean, daaaamn ... so tired of shitty supports.

Someone picked Thresh and apparently had the option to be Nut-the-blitz (Who I'm SURE is far easier to use) or Nami ... but they picked Thresh. Fucker is wiggling behind me, can't land a hook, not harassing anyone and over all can't make basic Thresh plays (cause he's not even trying to hook people and when he does it misses by a damn mile). I don't think I saw him use one skill outter than those Hook misses and one lantern. I ask him why did he pick Thresh seeing as he doesn't seem to know wtf to do and he starts getting salty. It's one thing if you're new to a champ, just give people a heads up... just please don't treat your ADC like a meat shield that's supposed to be between you and the enemy most of the time :/

I'm tired of this shit, having to roll the dice on team members is bad enuff ... having to roll the dice on who will basically help carry you outta the laning phase is just too much. Too many supports at my noob level seem to think that they're some porcelain doll that's just there to look pretty and not be touched.

Guess I should just get Tryndamere and a caster so that I can start putting top as my secondary to Mid (a caster cause Top Lane seems to be the most random assortment of bs counter picks. I normally don't like to top cause I thought it lonely and full of tanks but really it's just a box of chocolates up there. Here's a Teemo to gimp your melee Tank. Here's an EZ or Jhin cause why not? Here's a Xerath or LB ... anything goes).

And I don't think I'm gonna pick up Talon. If I come across a Galio I'm gonna try to counter him with Trist. Might not be the best plan but he's Melee so I'd have that advantage...

Where you at in ranked? I'm no perfect support (still learning) but I know enough that I could help. Except I'm stuck right now in low Bronze. :/

Newt

Heavy throws.
691b263c563ea802d469ebd137fba5e3.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd say the itemization is still a core problem for mid lane. you can't build bursty enough quick enough to counter those items. if you could then it wouldn't be a problem, but you know a 100ap item has to cost 3500g for some reason.
the problems here are:
- maw/steak too gold efficient
- lots of individually op adcs like graves, quinn, corki, lucian and now kogmaw
- ap items got left in the dust when they raised their costs cos they just made them more expensive, they didn't clean up combine costs or build paths for legendaries and they sure as hell didn't introduce advanced items that would help that out (like aether wisp or the morello mp5 cdr thingie)
- zhonyas got hurt the most out of this because the price is too high, the build path is horrible and it overall ruins your entire game. it's better to buy qss or just die repeatedly to zed than buying this pos item
- zed is then op thanks to maw/youmuus being so strong and zhonyas being so bad
- also roa and abyssal are too cost efficient for some unknown reason despite being boring items compared to morellos/athenes (which aren't amazing anyways)
- swiffies meta also really hurt midlaners cos everyone is so fucking fast nowadays that it's hard to land cc and keep baddies away

probably more stuff i can't remember

tldr is, maw op, sterak op, zhonyas is garbage and most ap items need buildpath cleanups.

for starters nerf that shit, then we'll see about fixing midlane

Hard

Banned
the build path for zhonyas is supposed to be garbage, given it has one of the best actives in the game, but yea the main cost is too much

Gotta be real, level 27 is too early for you to be getting toxic about somebody playing a support for the first time. Your rage is just going to scale up from there.

GAF is rubbing off on him lol

pigeon

Banned
Gotta be real, level 27 is too early for you to be getting toxic about somebody playing a support for the first time. Your rage is just going to scale up from there.

Newt

What are you guys talking about Zed being op lol. He's winrate is still pretty low compared to stuff like Lux lol. Lux is also much more problematic than Zed because her skill requirement in super low.

pigeon

Banned
Also the problem is that getting marksmen out of the bot lane was clearly an initiative at Riot recently and they succeeded but in order to make sure it worked they were all way overturned and dominant in whatever role.

It's good to disentangle class from role (I guess, although it does kind of make me wonder whether the heavy ADC mechanics practice really transfers to like Mordekaiser), but they need to balance afterwards.

Talents

Banned
What are you guys talking about Zed being op lol. He's winrate is still pretty low compared to stuff like Lux lol. Lux is also much more problematic than Zed because her skill requirement in super low.

The only annoying thing about Lux imo is how easy it is for her to hit her E in lane. If she doesn't mess up, it's very easy to land.

zkylon

zkylewd
the build path for zhonyas is supposed to be garbage
no?

that doesn't make any sense, why should it be garbage

skill requirement doesn't mean anything, a champion is either problematic or not, it doesn't matter if it's low elo or competitive if you're causing trouble you gotta go

that's why ahri or lux or janna are allowed to go unchecked for so long, no one actually complains about them cos they're not nearly as obnoxious as someone like zed or nidalee or tk or whatever

ryze or azir or lb are shit at anything below competitive yet they're still gonna get nerfed

skill requirement is not something that should be considered at all

edit: btw i whine about janna cos she's annoying and boring but u know, most ppl don't

The only annoying thing about Lux imo is how easy it is for her to hit her E in lane. If she doesn't mess up, it's very easy to land.
and that's only annoying cos she gets easy thunderlord procs thanks to her passive

lux is 100% meta aligned and would be a perfectly harmless champion otherwise

garath

She's way too safe. Easy to land binding, long range autos, long range aoe attack, long range ult. A lux can and should be almost ungankable without diving. Take exhaust and even zed will have trouble killing her.

Our support Lux complained she was reacting slow cuz she is a support, build AP ignoring all support items and proceeded to carry the early game by killing the enemy mid (in the mid lane) and left bot lane, making our cait commit sepukku

Newt

Idk what you're smoking, Lux is extremely problematic right now. Zed isn't problematic at all. He has a like a strong early game and then people build QSS and he's done.

If anything, the game should remain in it's current state regarding midlane. Champions like Lux and Ahri need stuff to keep them in check, even if it's artificial.

TheFlow

Banned
If kidding, okay alright you got me.

If serious, I don't think a bronze player should be basing my level off some normal game, where said player put all other lanes behind on jungle by not putting any map pressure.

I play normal games to practice stuff out, not to tryhard. Just like the Quinn was harping on me all game, omg diamond ADC feeding. I like to say that stuff doesn't get to me, but it kinda does.
Lol of course I am joking you are diamond so you gotta be good.
I am silver now and I could tell you wasn't srs about the match since it was normals. My sejuani has more than a 70 win rate but that yi was something I have never seen before. I was hoping it would be a longer game so I could actually snowball but nah.

Also they got carried if it wasn't for that yi

Talents

Banned
Idk what you're smoking, Lux is extremely problematic right now. Zed isn't problematic at all. He has a like a strong early game and then people build QSS and he's done.

If anything, the game should remain in it's current state regarding midlane. Champions like Lux and Ahri need stuff to keep them in check, even if it's artificial.

Nah, fuck Zed. Forces you to take exhaust and build a terrible item first. If you don't he'll hit you once with his W E Q combo after missing it 10 times and the next time he'll all in you because he doesn't have mana costs. I wouldn't mind if his W E Q combo wasn't so obnoxious.

Newt

Nah, fuck Zed. Forces you to take exhaust and build a terrible item first. If you don't he'll hit you once with his W E Q combo after missing it 10 times and the next time he'll all in you because he doesn't have mana costs. I wouldn't mind if his W E Q combo wasn't so obnoxious.
The alternative is a undodgeable E from Lux though. Unlike Zed, Lux doesn't have itemization that shuts her down nearly as hard.

Maybe Zhonya's is too expensive right now, but the game wasn't fun when it was dirt cheap.

I think the game will be in pretty good state when they nerf Ez, Quinn and Kog'Maw.

Talents

Banned
The alternative is a undodgeable E from Lux though. Unlike Zed, Lux doesn't have itemization that shuts her down nearly as hard.

Maybe Zhonya's is too expensive right now, but the game wasn't fun when it was dirt cheap.

I think the game will be in pretty good state when they nerf Ez, Quinn and Kog'Maw.

Oh it's not the problem with buying Zhonyas, I just dislike Seekers as an item.

zkylon

zkylewd

how is she problematic?

zed literally kills you repeatedly the second he gets 6 if you don't have easy to land cc because there's not itemization to counter him but he has perfect itemization to counter you

safe, manaless, short cd ult for how strong it is and itemization favors him tremendously. he's still zed later in the game and he's fairly easy to deal with if not absurdly fed but still, his laning is absolutely bullshit right now

undodgeable on a 10s cd that deals the least dmg out of any midlaner's main nuke

on a champion that you can just run at and kill cos she's slow and all her spells are skillshots

Top Bottom