• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Damn it all to hell. Is Bronze so frustrating sometimes or what?

I am telling everyone to go for turret and everyone is chasing in circles.

GODDAMN IT

I have had three Bronze games where people have been in our base, I am back there defending, and the rest of my team is chasing enemies through the jungle.

So yes. Yes it is frustrating at times.

Probably a mixture of nerves and the fact that a lot of players don't try as hard in normals as they do in ranked so it is easier to do better.

True, that's a good point. I tend to be more relaxed in normals.

Bacon

There's someone in my queue named "bjergsen who" and is intending to play yasuo. Is this an instant dodge situation?

remist

Man Riot has me hooked on this game. Spent like $80 bucks on champions and I've never done that on a f2p game before. Settled on Nid jungle and zilean mid, but I'm also having a blast playing rumble jungle.

Talents

Banned
Man Riot has me hooked on this game. Spent like $80 bucks on champions and I've never done that on a f2p game before. Settled on Nid jungle and zilean mid, but I'm also having a blast playing rumble jungle.

Ain't that the truth.

penny+arcade+league+of+legends.jpg

kenbo

So I'm guessing Rumble can cast two Harpoons after being overheated now? Things just got interesting.
The buff he never needed
Welcome to our corner of love
Be sure to ask us for any advice you might need

Keep in mind that nearly everything cash related goes on sale

Kenai

Slowing, slowly climbing through the Silver gutter. I can do this dammit.

What is an "Early Skin Sale" vs the Regular Sale? I'm looking at getting Project Lucian

Instead of sales at launch new skins go on sale 4-6 months after release. To offset this most of the more expesive skins also go on sale too where they didn't before.

Regular skin sales are just the sales Riot keeps doing that are somewhat random.

The discount should be the same for both.

Ashhong

Slowing, slowly climbing through the Silver gutter. I can do this dammit.

Instead of sales at launch new skins go on sale 4-6 months after release. To offset this most of the more expesive skins also go on sale too where they didn't before.

Regular skin sales are just the sales Riot keeps doing that are somewhat random.

The discount sound be the same for both.

So for example, Project Lucian won't be part of a "regular sale" sometime soon for less?

Kenai

So for example, Project Lucian won't be part of a "regular sale" sometime soon for less?

It will be, but it could be a long, long time from now (next year? maybe even later?). The "early" sale is scheduled, the regular sales you won't know what's gonna be for sale til Riot confirms.

It's safe to say that if it's on sale now the odds of it being on sale again anytime soon are slim (barring something like the Lunar Shop random skins i guess)

Ashhong

Ah ok. So the regular sales are just what day 1 skin price would be, but at a later time. Good enough for me I guess. Can finally get Project Lucian

Hard

Banned
How does it even work so well? Is it the base damage on her abilities? Because with her garbage early game, I doubt Akali would even make it out of laning phase.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How does it even work so well? Is it the base damage on her abilities? Because with her garbage early game, I doubt Akali would even make it out of laning phase.
All of the power is in the items. Akali has enough versatility and mobility to take advantage of them.

Tizoc

i afk to reset my router since i've been having crazy ass lag

i come back and my team lost both turrets in aram
Why?
Because Gragas, Rammus and Blitz WERE ALL FOCUSING ON TARIC.
They want to report me for flame, let them, you can't expect me to solo focus on anyone when my damn tanks are busy beating up a tank who can heal himself.

zkylon

zkylewd
For instance, when creating Chromas we were trying to solve the problem that we didn't have any personalization content that was between 750 skins and ward skins/icons. We were hoping Chromas would be easy to make content that would fill that gap and give players who wanted cheaper skins some content that would make them happy. What we found was that they weren't that easy to make due to our outdated pipelines and players weren't satisfied with their quality level. With a little more effort we could make 750 skins that players liked more. So we made more 750 skins for now and back to the drawing board to solve the actual problem. Chromas may come back one day, but we need to solve the pipeline problems first.

Hard

Banned

Interesting. I'd like to get a little more insight into how the pipeline actually functioned for making chromas. I remember when chromas were first announced, and there were memes galore about how they were so easy to make, and Riot was using them as a cheap money grab. People were literally just altering their game files to have the same effect even though they could only see it on their side.

Hard

Banned
Some of these replies to "Top Lane Mains, why do you do it?"

I enjoy top for 2 reasons.

First, there is a huge variety of champs you can play top. Sure, they might not be meta, but literally every champ can work top if you have the proper skill.

Secondly, it is the place where i feel like im having a skillful match. Jungle is too dependent on your team not feeding too fast. Botlane is decided by supports and how much your adc trusts said supp. Midlane is too crowded, with literally everyone having the ability to roam mid at a moments notice.

Toplane is different. For the most part, its just you, and your enemy. You win or lose depending on who can capitalize on whos mistakes harder. To me, thats exetremly fun. Im not depending on the hope that my labe isnt invaded or hoping my lane partner doesnt fuck up. Ita jsut me, and tge enemy, and the better player will win (except vs ryze and or irelia. Screw those guys)

Honestly, top feels like a "battle of advantages" lane. Mid is all about reaction time and direct outplay or die. Bot is annoying, dependent on some idiot you got paired with. Jungle is all about macro play, deciding each moment what the best move is. But top really feels like you're outplaying the opponent on a much broader strategic level instead of simple reaction times.

Most champions in top lane are melee bruisers/tanks (if you play vayne/quinn/teemo top, go die in a fire). These champions have decent damage and good tankiness early, so they're not going to insta-kill each other early. As a result, you end up looking for little advantages constantly. Because it's an island, you usually have only yourself to rely on for winning the lane. It's a pure 1v1. Every little advantage you can eek out sticks because there's little else they can fall back on. In mid you play aggressive and dodge their skillshots. Because top has few of those flying around, it's all about positioning right to win every trade possible. Frequently in high elo, those trades never actually happen as both top laners know at all times who will win an trade in a given situation, and the losing party avoids it. In low elo, it's more fun because they don't actually avoid every fight possible.

Essentially, top is about setting yourself up to win every 1v1 situation possible through tactical play and intelligent trading. Poke doesn't exist, you will almost always take damage back in any situation. It's just a matter of skill and tactics. That's fun to me, it's the purest lane, with heavier consequences due to lethal mistakes meaning you have to go back to lane still 1v1 with the enemy now really scary, but depending on your champion, rarely completely dooming the lane. You just have to be smarter. (as opposed to those midlaners who just have to dodge things to win trades. Maybe more mechanical skill, but less tactical skill).

I play pretty exclusively in the top lane. If enemy picks him before me, I just lock or and play stupidly passive.

Top lane is just very fun. It's all dependent on your skill and map awareness. Rewarding when you get ahead. Challenging when you don't. Can carry games. Can build tank and support my team if they're carrying me. Most of all it expands my game knowledge. I know tons of matchups, and how to counter tons of champions. Which abilities have long CDs, how to play around certain abilities, when to all-in vs. when to respect, etc. I have a better understanding of map awareness and global presence now. Also, I have enough faith in my own play that jungler has one less lane to worry about now.

Tons of reasons man. It's just really fun up there.

It brings a tear to my eye :'^)

pigeon

Banned
it's hard to accept that it's for the best sometimes. Then you finish the 5th or 6th game that you knew you should have dodged and it gets easier

I've literally never dodged a game of League before but I just went through two games where I knew in champ select that we were going to get dumped on and just didn't trust my instincts. Reversion to the mean sucks, man.

They don't want to encourage dodging

Honestly, until they make dodging count as a loss for you in terms of hidden elo, dodging will always be vital to climbing in ranked.

jerd

Idk i think it's a necessary evil. Between the fact that dodging isn't always intentional and is the only immediate defense we have against trolls it would be really hard to truly punish a dodge

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Honestly, until they make dodging count as a loss for you in terms of hidden elo, dodging will always be vital to climbing in ranked.
People that are actually good at this game don't dodge over every perceived slight in champion select.

Top Bottom