• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
Honestly, until they make dodging count as a loss for you in terms of hidden elo, dodging will always be vital to climbing in ranked.
they don't want to encourage dodging but they don't want to discourage it either

there's a big problem in league (tho dynamic queue alleviated it a lot) that u can't really report anyone until you finished a whole game with them

that makes it so that up until you finished the game the troll has all the power while you have none

the only thing u can control there is dodging and going "i'd rather lose 3 lp and go do something else than spent half an hour with this asshole and lose 20 lp just so i can report him"

so until riot finds a solution to that problem they can't really punish you too severely for dodging because it's "fixing" a problem on their end

but they can't just flat out put a button in there because encouraging it would be way worse for queue times and general experience

Well Viktors on sale this week, that's him for my smurf, now I just need Yasuo. Only 2 more sales after this 1 to go. He can't hide forever.
yeah i'm gonna buy viktor on my na account too

my na shortlist is ahri, lux, viktor, syndra, lulu and lissandra

thing i figured out plays fairly well in high ping is just playing champions that can just play off landing one cc and having their team follow up. lux is ideal for that, as is ahri. the rest are just for fun, not as mechanically taxing as ori and not as timing oriented either

xerath and ziggs didn't feel so bad either, poking from a distance is easy no matter what ping you're on

Interesting. I'd like to get a little more insight into how the pipeline actually functioned for making chromas. I remember when chromas were first announced, and there were memes galore about how they were so easy to make, and Riot was using them as a cheap money grab. People were literally just altering their game files to have the same effect even though they could only see it on their side.
the problem for riot was likely that chromas had to go through the same qa process that full skins went so unless they bundled up in those overpriced packages it wouldn't make any sense for them and then overpriced packages doesn't make sense for the playerbase that just wants that bruce lee sin thingie so it ended up not serving anyone

it didn't help that like half of them looked really washed up and boring

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
As far as I can tell, your comment doesn't respond to the thing you quoted.
It really does. If you consider dodging to be a "vital" mechanic to climbing the ladder you are so out of touch with what it means to play this game or develop skills for it. It's a disgusting tactic to approaching the ladder that most commonly falls to people unable to actually assess match-ups and team comps. People that dodge regularly in some attempt to game the system make the game worse for everyone.

pigeon

Banned
It really does. If you consider dodging to be a "vital" mechanic to climbing the ladder you are so out of touch with what it means to play this game or develop skills for it. It's a disgusting tactic to approaching the ladder that most commonly falls to people unable to actually assess match-ups and team comps. People that dodge regularly in some attempt to game the system make the game worse for everyone.

Go back and read my post again. You don't seem to understand literally the first thing about what I'm saying.

I never dodge but is a horrible experience to see teemos doing nothing or people intentional feeding the enemy during 20 mins because you hurt their feelings or ban the omly champion they know to use.

I report them but I know they wont be punished at all

dimb

Go back and read my post again. You don't seem to understand literally the first thing about what I'm saying.
I can assure you that I've read the post thoroughly and understand exactly what it says. If you feel that you have difficulty expressing yourself you're welcome to reiterate what you actually mean.

jerd

I don't think it's vital to climbing since games that look horrible from champ select are few and far between, but to say that you should never dodge is also kinda silly.

Talents

Banned
The only time I'll dodge in ranked is if I get a team mate picking Yasuo, Zed, Vayne or Riven and then look up their lolking to see that they are 20 wins 40 losses with a 2 kills/4 death average. That shits insta dodge.

dimb

I don't think it's vital to climbing since games that look horrible from champ select are few and far between, but to say that you should never dodge is also kinda silly.
I don't really feel like anyone should dodge games, unless there's some great change in heart/motivation that comes up before the game. The number of variable factors in games can make things lead any direction, and realistically, attempting to game some system here is ultimately a futile effort that does nothing to actually cement a solid skillset for a player. Instead it's a lousy excuse that redirects focus to elements that don't need to be controlled.

Do you think really strong players feel the need to dodge? No. They just put in their best game. Nearly everyone in this thread is incapable of actually assessing the outcome of a game based on champ select as it is, and with all the variables at play you can never really know until the match plays out. It's endemic of the philosophy that's taken over LeagueGAF and it's both obnoxious and worrying.

Plan on trying out Fiora today.

Practiced her in a custom, not sure what the hate comes from. She seems like a solid, straight forward kinda champ.

Also plan on trying Jax.

Hard

Banned
Only time to dodge is when someone outright says they're going to troll in champ select. Then it's time to report to Riot. For any questionable players, if you play your best game, your team as a whole should be able to overcome any shortcomings of the individual.

just played a game with heal mundo jungle

this is plat 5 elo guys

Did he go 6/0/2 in 8 min?

Nearly everyone in this thread is incapable of actually assessing the outcome of a game based on champ select as it is, and with all the variables at play you can never really know until the match plays out.

In general, I agree, but there should be some exceptions. I accidentally banned someone's main, so the person took Teemo with Ghost/Cleanse and said "k, now I feed and then AFK noob fuck"

Sure, me and the other 3 people could somehow rally up and win the game, but what are the chances of that?

I've been fighting it, but fuck it. Gonna try Mundo for the first time today.

no he got dumpstered by me on a 10/0 lucian.

beSFiXF.png

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Been getting an extra 50-70 ms on my normal ping for absolutely no reason on my games lately on both EU and NA, and I know it's not a local network issue.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Because it makes games utterly miserable.

This is also on top of the utter garbage the PVP server is, disconnecting me several times during champ select so it never passes turn and when I have to pick it boots me for afk - but I know I'm not the only one experiencing that crap.

pigeon

Banned
I am kind of entertained by this post, really. Like, no dev blog, no teaser, just "hey we're going to do a dragon but it's not Ao Shin." I'm not sure why they felt the desire to announce it like this!

I guess maybe their teaser material doesn't make it obvious enough that it's not Ao Shin and they were afraid of the backlash?

we're never getting a cute girl midlaner again so might as well do with what i can get

Maybe it's a cute girl dragon.

At least somebody will draw it that way somewhere.

Talents

Banned
Rito contact me asap. I've got some sick ideas for some lightning abilities. You can pay me using the champs bundle when it's released.

jerd

I don't really feel like anyone should dodge games, unless there's some great change in heart/motivation that comes up before the game. The number of variable factors in games can make things lead any direction, and realistically, attempting to game some system here is ultimately a futile effort that does nothing to actually cement a solid skillset for a player. Instead it's a lousy excuse that redirects focus to elements that don't need to be controlled.

Do you think really strong players feel the need to dodge? No. They just put in their best game. Nearly everyone in this thread is incapable of actually assessing the outcome of a game based on champ select as it is, and with all the variables at play you can never really know until the match plays out. It's endemic of the philosophy that's taken over LeagueGAF and it's both obnoxious and worrying.

I feel like if you're being trolled in champ select the only people who are going to feel like you're abusing the system by dodging are the enemy team who is missing out on the free win and the person trolling you. Your other three teammates will be more than grateful I'm sure.

As for just dodging a matchup you don't like it's nearly impossible to tell. I tend to take more chances with champ select than I should, but there are certain situations I feel are absolutely worth dodging. I generally only dodge people first timing weird stuff because it's never a good sign. Guy locks kennen jungle and his op.gg shows that he's never played kennen before? I put some hard thought into that one. Guy first times Yasuo into Riven top? That's gonna be a tough one considering how poorly Yasuo is played in low elo in general, let alone by someone who has never played him before into a hard counter. Some people round here are probably a little trigger happy with it but there are more than a few situations that call for it

Nekofrog

Banned
There's nothing to "learn" about a matchup or to get experience with when the Zed on your team has a 45% win rate and feeds.

I'm dodging that ish.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm trying to think the last time i dodged

like this season on ranked we had a guy on champ select going like "imma troll" and picking clarity revive teemo or whatever and ppl were like go ahead you fucker and he changed to lissandra at the last second and we won

i still reported him and asked ppl to but u know

I am kind of entertained by this post, really. Like, no dev blog, no teaser, just "hey we're going to do a dragon but it's not Ao Shin." I'm not sure why they felt the desire to announce it like this!

I guess maybe their teaser material doesn't make it obvious enough that it's not Ao Shin and they were afraid of the backlash?
because rito is just random about fucking everything lol

Maybe it's a cute girl dragon.

At least somebody will draw it that way somewhere.
one can hope

but i doubt it

pigeon

Banned
Exhaust/Ignite Tryndamere hates ranged top laners: "so fuckong dumb" (sic).

This picture literally makes me feel stupid. That Tryndamere has ignite/exhaust! He built Rageblade into FULL AP! This is Diamond IV! Is this a Berenstein moment? Is AP Trynd the future? What is happening?

Bacon

This picture literally makes me feel stupid. That Tryndamere has ignite/exhaust! He built Rageblade into FULL AP! This is Diamond IV! Is this a Berenstein moment? Is AP Trynd the future? What is happening?

Ap trynd can be pretty disgusting in some situations but in general it's a trolly build.

jerd

AP trynd is technically the past but I think some people (if you can call tryn players that) still play it into counters

So apparently Shaco can proc Duskblade twice, so theoretically he can proc it 3 times with Sated Devourer right? .. sounds like fun. Will try when I get home

drawkcaB

This might sound crazy but I think Ekko has replaced Xin as far as what type of jungler I was looking for in my pool. He plays exactly how I used to play Xin before Devourer. Heavy pressure early on and then slide into whatever role I need him to be come late game (tank, peel, engage, etc).

So now the S6 pool sits at Elise, Ekko, and Skarner for sure. I play Sion top and Nautilus support and both can jungle. The holes in the pool I want filled are a strong engage champion and a true damage soak. Sion can fill both holes, but his pre-6 ganking isn't good. The alternative is to start playing Sejuani again, but she's tanky, not "stupid" tanky in the way that Volibear, Trundle or Mundo are tanky.

jerd

Yeah I tried Sion jungle the other day. His W gets so stacked and synergizes well with cinderhulk. Adding strength of ages I was around 6k health without building too much hp. I think i took scaling mr blues but cdr might have been better because his ult cd is crazy high early.

Wow Rumble jungle being played in eulcs right now

Nekofrog

Banned
Valkrin had been doing rumble jungle since the new ap item came out. Actually before that, when they made his damage change on flame spitter.

pigeon

Banned
So how is Mundo a healthy champion again?

Because that's what his ult does, makes him really healthy. That's like his whole design!

No, uh, more seriously, Mundo's nerfs were all to his early game. If you let him build like three items and get to level 16 he is actually even stronger than he used to be. You really need to crush him before then.

garath

This might sound crazy but I think Ekko has replaced Xin as far as what type of jungler I was looking for in my pool. He plays exactly how I used to play Xin before Devourer. Heavy pressure early on and then slide into whatever role I need him to be come late game (tank, peel, engage, etc).

So now the S6 pool sits at Elise, Ekko, and Skarner for sure. I play Sion top and Nautilus support and both can jungle. The holes in the pool I want filled are a strong engage champion and a true damage soak. Sion can fill both holes, but his pre-6 ganking isn't good. The alternative is to start playing Sejuani again, but she's tanky, not "stupid" tanky in the way that Volibear, Trundle or Mundo are tanky.

Wukong or pantheon are both pretty good top and jungle right now and can fill that hard engage champ role.

Edit: gragas too. I've never really gotten into him myself but he might be a fun champ to pick up.

Top Bottom