• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

patchday

Does anyone know if there is a way to check what the role popularity ranking is in dynamic queue? E.g. 1. Mid 2. Top. 3 ADC. 4. Jung. 5. Support?

The truth hurts.

I'm starting to wonder if ADC is #2 spot now. I had to wait like 3-4 mins to play ADC last time I played a few days ago.

Support < 1 min. Mid = 3-4 mins
Top = 1-2 mins wait
Jungle is pretty fast

TheFlow

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if ADC is #2 spot now. I had to wait like 3-4 mins to play ADC last time I played a few days ago.

Support < 1 min. Mid = 3-4 mins
Top = 1-2 mins wait
Jungle is pretty fast
depends on your elo too. There are more people in bronze and silver than Gold and plat. That might play a part.

garath

Tough time in ranked dynamic queue lately. I'm 1-6 in my last 7 games. Its not like I'm playing poorly either. Just the way the games are falling. There is definitely room for improvement in my game though so hard to be upset at anyone but myself.

I will say it's much easier to swallow a loss when I'm always in at least one of my two chosen roles. I'm at least having fun most of the time.

TheFlow

Banned
broke my rule and played duo and guess what!???

we fucking lost by a land slide. Our garen top went 1/10. he fed darius 3 times before 5 mins in. The adc I won last game with decided it would be smart to try a different adc smh.

I was so close to winning 7 games

edit: it wasn't my best game either but I can only do so much as a support

patchday

Tough time in ranked dynamic queue lately. I'm 1-6 in my last 7 games. Its not like I'm playing poorly either. Just the way the games are falling. There is definitely room for improvement in my game though so hard to be upset at anyone but myself.

I will say it's much easier to swallow a loss when I'm always in at least one of my two chosen roles. I'm at least having fun most of the time.

I think thats why I lost my motivation. Lost a bunch of my last few ranked games.

Now when I get home from work I'm like:
"What to do? I can play LoL and possibly get 1/6 wins or play this brand new Street Fighter 5 game. I'm low rank in LoL anyways so why not try something else?"

But maybe its a really good thing. The ranked games I played before were fighting, RTS (Starcraft), and racing games. So I was always ranked solo and always felt I saw improvement. This game- the meta changes so fucking much I just cant keep up

But I love watching the esports tho. Its so great watching 5 pro players esp this year with some of the new team comps we've been seeing

patchday

yeah I probably lost more than 6. But then I go 100% in Normals which they claim uses the same MMR?

right now I'm taking it easy and not playing much. But when I get time (probably next weekend) I might go back to Karma, Nami, and Janna. At least I'm bout 50% with them

I love Vi but I'm like 20% win rate with her. But since I'm low ranked I figure its a great opportunity to improve at jungle. The one great thing bout low elo is you can try to experiment more and see what works without having to worry bout losing LP- cause I dont have any to really lose :(

edit- I bought some cheap top tier junglers and will probably switch to Diana. Probably retire Vi for now and give it another shot at ranked jungle

pigeon

Banned
yeah I probably lost more than 6. But then I go 100% in Normals which they claim uses the same MMR?

Same MMR system, not same MMR.

Losing games can be really frustrating but that's like part of the learning process and shit. If you are in low elo like me it's important to kind of take all your lost games as learning experiences and try to find the things you could have done better. Look at all your deaths and be like, what did I do wrong to die there. For the purposes of the exercise just pretend your teammates don't exist and it can't be their fault.

That said I get tilted when I lose games sometimes just like anybody else. Just remember to bail the hell out at that point. You have nothing to prove!

Talents

Banned
no they don't

People say that ranked mmr and normal mmr are in no way related, but I swear there is some relation. About half way through the last season I stopped playing ranked at about plat 3 and was earning like 16 or 17 lp a game and literally just spammed normals until the end of the season. But when I started playing ranked again at the end of the season, I was earning 24-28 lp a win and ended on D5. Is there another way that can be explained? Why I just started earning a load more lp after not playing ranked for a while?

pigeon

Banned
People say that ranked mmr and normal mmr are in no way related, but I swear there is some relation. About half way through the last season I stopped playing ranked at about plat 3 and was earning like 16 or 17 lp a game and literally just spammed normals until the end of the season. But when I started playing ranked again at the end of the season, I was earning 24-28 lp a win and ended on D5. Is there another way that can be explained? Why I just started earning a load more lp after not playing ranked for a while?

You got way better? Clearly your win rate went way up if you climbed from plat 3 to diamond 5 rapidly. That's like a bump from 50% win rate to 60% or 65%. The system is pretty responsive to changes in win rates, I think, so if you just started winning more games you'll start getting more LP.

It's not like you weren't playing, you spent all that time practicing in another mode, so you probably just improved.

TheFlow

Banned
zilean mid went 1/7 causing zed to roam and rekt. plus our twitch rushed a hurricane and duskblade...get me out this elo hell

Talents

Banned
You got way better? Clearly your win rate went way up if you climbed from plat 3 to diamond 5 rapidly. That's like a bump from 50% win rate to 60% or 65%. The system is pretty responsive to changes in win rates, I think, so if you just started winning more games you'll start getting more LP.

It's not like you weren't playing, you spent all that time practicing in another mode, so you probably just improved.

I don't mean my lp slowly went from 16-17 to 24-28, I mean it literally went to that after the first game back in ranked I played. I dunno, just seemed weird.

Nev

Banned
It's been hard to play normals lately, after getting used to the higher quality of ranked games.

Normals with you and your friend were some of the highest quality matches I've played, and I've been in D3. I don't know why but they were the very very demanding and with like 10 deaths total. My guess is that people in high diamond/master just get there and play like one ranked a week to keep the rank but go on with their tryharding in normals.

They were better than most ranked games, and recently I've played a few normals with an unranked friend and the tryharding has been realer than in ranked.

bidguy

Banned
havent played in a LONG time . now im 1/5 in placements. was plat 5 before what do you guys think ill be placed in with 1/9 lmao ?

patchday

Same MMR system, not same MMR.

Losing games can be really frustrating but that's like part of the learning process and shit. If you are in low elo like me it's important to kind of take all your lost games as learning experiences and try to find the things you could have done better. Look at all your deaths and be like, what did I do wrong to die there. For the purposes of the exercise just pretend your teammates don't exist and it can't be their fault.

That said I get tilted when I lose games sometimes just like anybody else. Just remember to bail the hell out at that point. You have nothing to prove!

I feel you but my last ranked game as Vi jungle my idiot ADC fed first blood before minions even spawned. From there on I guess he tilted. I tried to go save bot lane when I hit L4 and got some kills. But soon as I left bot lane this dude fed the enemy again and then goes afk (I made sure to report) for awhile

After that I says fuck it and purchased SFV to be ranked solo cause I cant take it anymore

But now I have fizz and zyra so will try again in a few days and see how it goes.

patchday

It's been hard to play normals lately, after getting used to the higher quality of ranked games.

People are always experimenting with new builds and stuff in Normals thus I find it much easier to win. Then I go to Bronze V and all of a sudden people pull out their master characters and try-hard suits :)

ayyyy rip
lost 3 games in row after my 6 game win streak

O_O the worst part is I am actually playing amazing in my games.
your itemization and positioning are incredibly suspect. like instead of saying i played amazing and blaming losses on elo hell why dont you improve your own gameplay first.

patchday

Well I'm not playing amazing. If I were playing amazing I'd have like 20/0/20 KDA. And if I still lost after playing that great consistently then I can legit claim I'm elo hell

Sorry for venting all the time gaf. I love you guys!

I'm really excited tho. Got zyra and fizz on sale this morning. Had 1k RP sitting there ready to be spent. Got a huge stable of characters and ready to get better

Will probably continue to be bitchy for a few more months tho so apologies

JulianImp

Sigh... I played so badly yesterday. It's annoying that I can support decently but still suck at jungle/mid... it feels like I shouldn't even bother trying to learn the roles since I tend to be awful during laning phase on either role, not ganking fast or often enough as jg and not knowing when to all-in against enemy mids and either getting myself killed or playing a staring contest when I should be harassing them.

While I'm okay with struggling as I try to learn a new role I hate how doing it badly while you're still learning means the rest of the team grows to hate you, and I tend to perform badly when that happens. It's like "why should I play mid/jg and feel bad when I could at least support and do decently?", but at the same time I no longer enjoy playing support all that much... Then there's also the issue that if I select anything/supp the system always puts me in the support role, which discourages me from playing as jg/supp and made me try jg/mid. That's all nice and dandy when I get jungle, but every now and then I do get mid and either end up feeding or end up with a pretty mediocre kda by the end of the match unless my opponent's even worse at mid than I am (which is unlikely).

...Guess I'll just go play through Danganronpa and other games while playing against bots for the easy daily IP gain.

pigeon

Banned
Sigh... I played so badly yesterday. It's annoying that I can support decently but still suck at jungle/mid... it feels like I shouldn't even bother trying to learn the roles since I tend to be awful during laning phase on either role, not ganking fast or often enough as jg and not knowing when to all-in against enemy mids and either getting myself killed or playing a staring contest when I should be harassing them.

While I'm okay with struggling as I try to learn a new role I hate how doing it badly while you're still learning means the rest of the team grows to hate you, and I tend to perform badly when that happens. It's like "why should I play mid/jg and feel bad when I could at least support and do decently?", but at the same time I no longer enjoy playing support all that much... Then there's also the issue that if I select anything/supp the system always puts me in the support role, which discourages me from playing as jg/supp and made me try jg/mid. That's all nice and dandy when I get jungle, but every now and then I do get mid and either end up feeding or end up with a pretty mediocre kda by the end of the match unless my opponent's even worse at mid than I am (which is unlikely).

...Guess I'll just go play through Danganronpa and other games while playing against bots for the easy daily IP gain.

This is actually one of the most painful parts of the system, and sadly, one of the few things Team Builder actually did well (Team Builder gave you an artificial MMR reduction when you played unfamiliar champs and roles, so you wouldn't be getting matched at your level while playing something you haven't played before).

One of the big takeaways from the new queue system is actually that Riot does not expect you to try to learn new roles. They want you to have two and stop trying. But wanting to switch roles is kind of a pain as a result. They need remedial queue.

Hard

Banned
Played a few normals with some Plat friends. While I can still do fine in lane (Solo-killing a plat support main in top? Doubt it means anything), it's interesting to see what you can and can't get away with in higher elo. Normally I can dive carries with impunity in lower elo, but higher up, they're much more skilled with layering CC and peeling for their damage threats. It's a nice learning experience.

Maybe I'll play a few ranked games tonight. Currently 20 - 9. 14 - 5 with Lacoste Croc.

Do what I do and have a champ or two for your off-role. I queue up for Top/Mid, and the times where I do get mid, I can fall back on either Twisted Fate or Annie, two champs that are pretty simple, yet can be impactful in the right situations.

JulianImp

just spam lux mid bro

Yesterday I was playing badly enough I was missing post-ult Es as Ahri, for crying out loud (I really should've quit playing after the previous 50-minute game). I bet playing as Lux would've been even worse.

The thing is the queue system's seriously messed up, so while I'd love to queue up as jg main/supp seconday I know I'd end up getting 5:1 support games, which is something I do not want... but the alternative is jg/mid, which results in me sucking at mid 1:4 times when I get the role.

patchday

That's funny I switched to jungle/mid as well (from Support main Leo/Naut). I figure when I do land in mid I'll just play a safe champ like Fizz or Karma (so I can hussle back to my tower when enemy jg shows up)

pigeon

Banned
If you just want an incredibly safe mid laner play Lux or Ziggs I think. I think Fizz is relatively hard to play compare to those two. Lux has the benefit of also just being strong right now.

Talents

Banned
That's funny I switched to jungle/mid as well (from Support main Leo/Naut). I figure when I do land in mid I'll just play a safe champ like Fizz or Karma (so I can hussle back to my tower when enemy jg shows up)

Fizz isn't really a safe champ if you don't know how to play him. If you're fairly low elo, play Annie mid. No one in low elo knows how to play against her so you can just destroy everyone.

patchday

I can play Fizz really well (well, er safely). Plus I always buy 1 pink and toss in a bush. Since this is low elo and most mids are, er... "challenged", a pink ward can last almost all game in a bush. I can just use Fizz's E move or whatever to go invulnerable and flip back to tower.

Thank you Riot for making this broken ass champ I will exploit

edit- hm, all my Fizz experience based on Norms tho. In ranked it might go as you say. huh

faridmon

Are you playing a carry champ? Play a carry champ.

I thought bronze was just a myth.Does it actually exist? Have people ever been there?

Ping more. You need to ping a LOT, early, and usefully for people to listen.

Even then it doesn't always work.

how long have you been playing? What are your top 5 most played champs?

Na server? I spent 2 years in bronze before I learned how to climb out of hell. It was basically dark knight rises but replace my face with Christian bale

I have had three Bronze games where people have been in our base, I am back there defending, and the rest of my team is chasing enemies through the jungle.

So yes. Yes it is frustrating at times.

True, that's a good point. I tend to be more relaxed in normals.

Sorry for my late reply, because I have been yoyo -ing between Bronze V and VI for like 3 times now :/

I play 90% as Sona, so I don't think I can carry. There are games where I have like 2 deaths and others where I have like 5-9 deaths, so I am OK I guess.

The thing is, I tend to win when the team communicates. I think I have said it before, but Bronze V is just pure fun, people are friendlier and tend to know what they are doing, and if not, tend to listen others who know what to do. So when I say Objectives, people are more likely to go for them.

Bronze IV however, Running in circles is just the norm which is frustrating. Yes, there are games where I play bad, but more often than not, the team just chase way too many times which losses us the games. In that case, I honestly don't know what to do.

I can't play many champs. I main Sejuani in Jungle, but being a jungler is just frustrating when people just keep dying and not help when I gank so i opt for supp. Morgana and Lulu is the other champs I play.

Does it really take years to get out of Bronze? :(

I am not that bad. In normals I play with Solver and Gold people and I play ok there :/

Sorry for my late reply, because I have been yoyo -ing between Bronze V and VI for like 3 times now :/
:/

I even have the condecoration of playing more than 100 matches in bronze, and I am still in the middle of the same situation like you. I can go in a rampage of 4 victories achieving Bronze IV 67 then goes into a lose streak and reach Bronze IV 0 got demoted repeat

TheFlow

Banned
When you lose 2 games in a row stop playing that day. I didn't do this and lost 4 :<

Your first mistake was playing sona in bronze. If you are going to play trash play soraka instead lol

Play Gragas ekko and yi if you are going jungle.

Support play tanks champs

Mid play lux

Adc miss fortune Lucian are to easy to farm and do work with

faridmon

I even have the condecoration of playing more than 100 matches in bronze, and I am still in the middle of the same situation like you. I can go in a rampage of 4 victories achieving Bronze IV 67 then goes into a lose streak and reach Bronze IV 0 got demoted repeat

Yeah, I suppose it also depend on the time as well. I found out that its better to play later at night.

Nekofrog

Banned
rex and i spent almost an hour collectively in queue last night, after dodges/failed accepts by others/just plain waiting for queue to pop.

you guys complaining about bronze really need to rethink how you play before you can think of climbing. first off, you all have routinely poor itemization. for farid, you have a zeke's herald when your adc already has 100% crit chance, making that item effectively worthless.
3ba83ada5bb29aae739c507835aae8c3.png

ryo doesn't buy enough resistances when behind. this extends to a lot of the people in gaf that are lower elo like flow, who routinely rushes morellonomicon on nami over vision and utility items. buying carry items doesn't mean you're going to carry as a support. the only support that is required to buy ap items is zyra, and even zyra only really invests into penetration. (haunting guise, liandry's torment) and survivability (rylai's crystal scepter, abyssal scepter) itemization is not set in stone, so stop playing like it is.

second off, you guys are too passive for your own goods. if you're too afraid to fuck up then you're too afraid to fuck the other guy up too and it's probably the most infuriating thing for any adc to see when they walk up to cs. if their support is beating the shit out of your adc while you're hanging back and just sustaining them, you're never going to win lane. this applies to every lane you play and is honestly probably going to be the main reason why you're having trouble climbing; you're all too afraid of being proactive and fucking up. instead of being afraid of fucking up, think about how fucked the other team will be if it goes well. eventually, your execution will match your thoughts and your team will be dazzled by your ability to shit on the other guy so hard they never play ranked ever again or something like that.

TheFlow

Banned
you guys complaining about bronze really need to rethink how you play before you can think of climbing. first off, you all have routinely poor itemization. for farid, you have a zeke's herald when your adc already has 100% crit chance, making that item effectively worthless.
3ba83ada5bb29aae739c507835aae8c3.png

ryo doesn't buy enough resistances when behind. this extends to a lot of the people in gaf that are lower elo like flow, who routinely rushes morellonomicon on nami over vision and utility items. buying carry items doesn't mean you're going to carry as a support. the only support that is required to buy ap items is zyra, and even zyra only really invests into penetration. (haunting guise, liandry's torment) and survivability (rylai's crystal scepter, abyssal scepter) itemization is not set in stone, so stop playing like it is.

second off, you guys are too passive for your own goods. if you're too afraid to fuck up then you're too afraid to fuck the other guy up too and it's probably the most infuriating thing for any adc to see when they walk up to cs. if their support is beating the shit out of your adc while you're hanging back and just sustaining them, you're never going to win lane. this applies to every lane you play and is honestly probably going to be the main reason why you're having trouble climbing; you're all too afraid of being proactive and fucking up. instead of being afraid of fucking up, think about how fucked the other team will be if it goes well. eventually, your execution will match your thoughts and your team will be dazzled by your ability to shit on the other guy so hard they never play ranked ever again or something like that.
Woah now I always build sightstone before morell there is only one match in 20 games that I built morell before sightstone/support item. My nami skill level is fine hence the 6 game win streak but I can agree I do need to buy more support items.

look at my last 4 games though and tell me where I fucked up. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30611464#matches

Woah now I always build sightstone before morell there is only one match in 20 games that I built morell before sightstone/support item. My nami skill level is fine hence the 6 game win streak but I can agree I do need to buy more support items.
you dont buy pinks and you shouldn't be buying morellonomicon in the first place.

zkylon

zkylewd
don't buy offensive ap items on any support ever that isn't zyra or brand

never buy morellos ever ever ever as support

also everyone buy pinks all the time

Top Bottom