• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

nbraun80

Any more insight into why I suck?

This my dude: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=ryotian

I can take all criticism (I think lol)

edit- Make sure to click on the Ranked games. Norms- well u know, ppl dont give a care and so those wins dont count

Ahri game - I would have rushed an abyssal into the fizz. You have an advantage with the range harass early, so make him pay with auto and Q for start doran's and not the potion. Also probably was an honest mistake but don't get the jungling potion for laners, get the corrupting potion if you're going that route. Save your charm for when he comes down from his E, he can just outplay you otherwise and E when you charm.
Viktor - definltely need to focus more on your farming 77 at 27 is not good enough, especially on viktor where you should be maxing E and upgrading it first, it'll pretty much auto clear a wave at that point. Not sure if you were going deathcap or void first item, but either way I would have went with something more utility when you're behind. Abyssal could have been decent with the ekko constantly on you, or Rylai's for some health and slows.

Also don't build Duskblade on Varus adc. And like someone else said I wouldn't do trinity on Vi anymore, if you're going to get a second offensive item after warrior Maw or Blackcleaver would be the way to go, then straight tank from there.
If you want you can add me on league, same name, I like to spectate games so could maybe watch a game or two sometime.

Nekofrog

Banned
to the guy who said he buys few pinks because they "last"

pinks have numerous uses in the game

you can use a pink ward as bait for the enemy. most people see a pink and stop to clear it. use that to your advantage.

just because you placed a pink at 6 minutes into the game in botlane doesn't mean that you're still getting valuable information from it 20 minutes into the game because it hasn't been killed yet

learn to situationally move your pink wards

faridmon

sorry but that's disingenuous.
0aa77fccb10c24460fff08e5e0faba21.png

0163739a0af341a3c73faf86824c8d39.png

Lol

you guys told me to buy zeke

my last 5 ranked games (all playing mid):
ori - 4 pinks
viktor - 8 pinks
lux - 3 pinks
syndra - 5 pinks
ahri - 4 pinks

these aren't super high numbers, it's not that difficult to contribute to your team's vision and it helps tremendously since it's the best way to force mistakes on the enemy team and reduce mistakes on your own

buy pinks!

Thats a lot of pinks

but yeah, I ended up buying like 6 last game, maybe that is why we won

garath

to the guy who said he buys few pinks because they "last"

pinks have numerous uses in the game

you can use a pink ward as bait for the enemy. most people see a pink and stop to clear it. use that to your advantage.

just because you placed a pink at 6 minutes into the game in botlane doesn't mean that you're still getting valuable information from it 20 minutes into the game because it hasn't been killed yet

learn to situationally move your pink wards

This is good advice. I'm guilty of this a lot. I'll buy a defensive pink for early game and if it lives I just won't buy anymore.

jerd

I do build Lich, yes
because I need that ap and CD

but I don't buy NLR except for that game I was told to do so.

Buy banner or like anything else

If you're close enough to proc lich bane on sona at 30 minutes you should probably be dead

I'm sure your team would appreciate a mikaels or locket shield or banner minion 100x more than suicidal lich bane procs

HowZatOZ

Banned
Amumu is my new jungle love. So much fun and once he gets tanky I can just jump in and pressure the shit out of lanes. So good.

patchday

Ahri game - I would have rushed an abyssal into the fizz. You have an advantage with the range harass early, so make him pay with auto and Q for start doran's and not the potion. Also probably was an honest mistake but don't get the jungling potion for laners, get the corrupting potion if you're going that route. Save your charm for when he comes down from his E, he can just outplay you otherwise and E when you charm.
Viktor - definltely need to focus more on your farming 77 at 27 is not good enough, especially on viktor where you should be maxing E and upgrading it first, it'll pretty much auto clear a wave at that point. Not sure if you were going deathcap or void first item, but either way I would have went with something more utility when you're behind. Abyssal could have been decent with the ekko constantly on you, or Rylai's for some health and slows.

Also don't build Duskblade on Varus adc. And like someone else said I wouldn't do trinity on Vi anymore, if you're going to get a second offensive item after warrior Maw or Blackcleaver would be the way to go, then straight tank from there.
If you want you can add me on league, same name, I like to spectate games so could maybe watch a game or two sometime.

thanks invite sent

zkylon

zkylewd
it varies from game to game but u can't freeze lane mid and you're often in reach of ur turret so it's not too bad

you just gotta always think of it as a 2v2 or 1v2 cos enemy jungler/supp is always lurking around

Depends on the jungler. With mid having openings on both sides it can be extremely vulnerable. Certain junglers can punish it very hard. See Shaco.
Well yeah, there's junglers specialized in mid ganks but I'm saying in general mid is safer by design. Smaller lane, easier to ward in general, hard to freeze, etc.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Well yeah, there's junglers specialized in mid ganks but I'm saying in general mid is safer by design.
If you look at death stat tracking, champions that can go mid or top tend to die more in the mid lane than they do top lane.

Nekofrog

Banned
it varies from game to game but u can't freeze lane mid and you're often in reach of ur turret so it's not too bad

not to the extent that you can bot and top, but yes you can freeze mid. it's more of a flash freeze i think of about 2-3 waves

also rex how did you win a voli jungle game vs ezreal/lulu/nami? the kite must've been unreal

oh they had a yasuo nm that's why

edit: OH WOW 1.17 KDA yasuo average. this is why dodging exists.

If you look at death stat tracking, champions that can go mid or top tend to die more in the mid lane than they do top lane.
I blame complacency and people like me ruining statistics for everyone.
not to the extent that you can bot and top, but yes you can freeze mid.
Not for too long and it's very easy to just ask a jungler to sit beside you for a couple seconds so you can reset the lane.

Plus keeping mid frozen too long means your opponent is free to roam.

pigeon

Banned
"Safer" is kind of too general a word.

Mid is a shorter lane so there's less distance back to your turret. But there are more access points to mid and people pass through it more. The objectives in mid also command more important territory but that means people prioritize taking them more.

So calling it either safer or more dangerous is kind of inaccurate. It's just different!

jerd

what is the best ap item with CD on Sona?

also why is i recommended on Sona then?

Recommended items are unfortunately often garbage

Tbh though I'm not sure why you feel like you need much ap on sona. Just get your fqc and maybe banner if you're dying for more

pigeon

Banned

Recommended items in League are like starter deck cards in Magic. Some of the items are just there so that you can learn a valuable lesson by not using them any more.

Nah son top is what you thinking but in silver mid is apparently where everyone likes to roam to.

You know you in low Elo when everyone goes towards mid at lv9-10
That's not really roaming as much as it's the "tower is down, let's hang out at mid" mentality. It's not more vulnerable, it's just ARAM time

jerd

Top is generally easier to gank. Stuff like Annie or tf mid that have really good setup or stuff that can gank anything like Zac or Shaco jungle changes things but match ups aside there's only one escape route from top compared to the whole heap you have mid

zkylon

zkylewd
not to the extent that you can bot and top, but yes you can freeze mid. it's more of a flash freeze i think of about 2-3 waves
yeah i mean it in a way that's not an oppressive freeze like it is in the long lanes

this is cos jungler can just walk in and instantly break it

but if jungler doesn't help you can actually hurt some champions with bad ranged clear like fizz or kassadin pretty bad

cos rito is dumb

fqc, zekes and banner of command are the only ap items supports can buy

it's not too glamorous but supports are meant to support and provide utility, not damage

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There's a reason the tanky champs go top lane
Because more wave clear is needed mid if bot rotates up. Because melee heroes can be more easily punished in a lane that can be ganked from both sides/behind. Because they are less likely to wind up splitting with teleport or something. Blue side top lane is as safe as it gets though, to be honest.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd argue that mid having more deaths than top is because it's just a more explosive lane more than a "vulnerability" thing tho
- two squishy damage dealers
- lot of other lane interactions, from regular jungle ganks to top/supp roams
- closest to pretty much every objective so the midlaner is often involved in skirmishes

garath

Took a day off today. Got to play some league. First game was against a yasuo who got a 1v4 quadra kill. How unfortunate was that (we still won).

Thanks fuzzery for the second game :) was a solid second win.

Felt nice to jungle two games in a row.

Kog maw and malphite are so strong right now. It really feels like there aren't enough bans.

jerd

I think if people really thought about it a lot of the permabanned champs would be more I the "annoying, would rather not deal with" tier than op tier. Tahm is a shining example of this

garath

I think if people really thought about it a lot of the permabanned champs would be more I the "annoying, would rather not deal with" tier than op tier. Tahm is a shining example of this

Well yeah. For sure. But unfortunately those draw bans over the real too strong ones a lot of times.

Champs that are too strong right now imo:

Malphite
Kog maw
Xin Zhao
Fiora
Lux
Zed
Udyr

Borderline/super annoying:

Soraka
Graves
Mundo

Now I know some people with disagree with zed but I sure don't like seeing him on the other team.

Newt

Tip me whenever. I'm not as strong adc as jungle but it's my second best role. Always need improvement in it. :)

Plenty of losses in my history to look at lol.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=garathk
I suspect things that would help you improve go beyond your stats. Although, you should build defensive items earlier in general.
Don't listen to Newt he has shit skin taste
If enough people are on, I'll host an inhouse in around two hours.

garath

I suspect things that would help you improve go beyond your stats. Although, you should build defensive items earlier in general.

Probably to the first point. I know I'm not aggro enough in lane and lose in trades quite often. Trying to improve that. I have mana issues with Lucian trying to poke, my MF is just trash now.

Good suggestion on the defensive item. I rely on my positioning too much. I'm not that good to do so.

Top Bottom