• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

Twisted Fate combo:

W -> AA -> Q

or W -> Q -> AA

I would say it's the second. I think his w may extend his aa range a little, so while you w, you may have to walk up a bit more for aa range. . Even if it doesnt, you are more likely to hit q the sooner you caste it after the stun.(Assuming they dont flash/dash while ur stun was traveling)

zkylon

zkylewd
you pick gold card and auto, that's a lich bane proc. then you q auto and that's another lich bane proc

you need to space out the w and q casts for the passive cooldown but yeah

but tbh tf doesn't have much of a combo, he just ports into you and stuns you and team follows up

it's not like lux or something that has like a specific order

jerd

I've always wondered what makes people think tf is such a high skill cap champ. Is it just decision making? Being able to use pick a card right?

He always seemed pretty easy to me

I've always wondered what makes people think tf is such a high skill cap champ. Is it just decision making? Being able to use pick a card right?

Micro/macro map awareness so you can ult in at the right time without getting shut down by wards + card counting so you can keep track of your cards during hectic teamfights

Sure he's mechanically easy but there's a lot of nuances about his gameplan

zkylon

zkylewd
well for one he's pretty vulnerable in lane unless played really well what with half his kit being 550 range on a squishy immobile champion that gets no damaging abilities at 6

and yeah lots on pressure on the tf player to get the right ults and be quick with the yellow cards and whatnot

i'd say he's high skillcap high skillfloor, one of the toughest champions to play in the game (whenever he's not op)

Hard

Banned
Pick a bully like Lucian, and go hard on him in lane. Do whatever you need to do, just make sure he dies. Supports with hard CC like Nami & Blitz are good as well, since he doesn't have any mobility spells and is very support dependent early.

TheFlow

Banned
we actually won lane and my adc was 8/4 but our top and jungler were trash

poppy went 2/7 and our jungler went 2/10. can't make this up

Bacon

AkqsYWo.png

Couple weeks late, but this was an S+ game for me. I know people were trying to analyze what factors went into getting an S+ a little while ago so here is a sample i guess

TheFlow

Banned
Playing so many morg and Naut games has made it way eaiser to land thresh hooks but his range is shorter than what I am used to.

Anyone know how to play Shyvana top?

I have no clue what to build on her and everything for her top is super old. (everything else is just JG ..)

I wanna make her a split pusher.

TheFlow

Banned

I have no clue what to build on her and everything for her top is super old. (everything else is just JG ..)

sunfire, hydra, cleaver, and tank item of choice most likely mr item.

the bolded are the must have for splitpushing with the queen

pigeon

Banned

There's very little Shyv top on probuilds right now, but there seem to be two main schools. School one is Ravenous Hydra into full tank, swapping Ravenous for Titanic as soon as you get a tank item (but be warned that they might be removing the ability to swap Hydras soon so you might have to build Titanic straight up). The other seems to be BoRK into tank. This seems questionable to me in top lane -- it is a little more sensible when paired with Devourer, which is Shyv's jungle item of choice.

First armor item seems to almost always be Dead Man's Plate, boots tend to be swifties, both to help Shyv close.

Hard

Banned
Ravenous & Titanic Hydra no longer swappable? Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, that really sucks. What's the point of the whole Hydra motif then?

Hard

Banned
i'm sure they'll switch the prices back to what they were then too right :^)

I doubt it. Riot isn't known to be consistent with compensation buffs.

It's annoying. I used to switch pretty often playing Renek, got it after my 2nd defensive item (or after BC if I'm snowballing). Ravenous for laning and splitpush (especially if I'm snowballing), then switch to Titanic once it's time to team-fight. I guess I'll just build Titanic straight up, since the passive works so well with his W.

Where did you hear about this?

It's on PBE. Check Surrender@20.

jerd

It is great when your nidlee jg cant hit a single spear. Thats the biggest thing they have to learn

Don't listen to ghost nid actually has a ton of intricacies to her kit. Multiple ability resets, 3 auto resets, couple of animation cancels, hyper aggressive playstyle requirement. Sure if you get fed on her you can do damn near whatever you want but she's not easy

kenbo

w q aa since you potentially get two lich bane procs that way?

you pick gold card and auto, that's a lich bane proc. then you q auto and that's another lich bane proc

you need to space out the w and q casts for the passive cooldown but yeah

but tbh tf doesn't have much of a combo, he just ports into you and stuns you and team follows up

it's not like lux or something that has like a specific order
That's not how it works
Spell blade cooldowns only start when you use the proc so you will have to wait 1.75s after you land the w to q if you want double lich proc (not feasible)

That having said, w(aa) q AA is the right order

Being able to not get shit on in lane

And then generating the most advantages you can out of his Ult
League was just mentioned on WWE live programming lol.

New Day rocks
Does Leeg win now

zkylon

zkylewd
That's not how it works
Spell blade cooldowns only start when you use the proc so you will have to wait 1.75s after you land the w to q if you want double lich proc (not feasible)

That having said, w(aa) q AA is the right order
does it really work that way?

interesting

Blizzard

Banned
Is there a most useless skill than kog Q like you never level it up till you have too
I thought I read some diamond guide that recommended leveling up Kog Q first even as ADC. People play differently with the recent patches, but it used to do a lot of poke damage and shred armor nicely against tanks.

Calvero

Banned
my adc just went 1/15/9. tried to solo baron for some reason. kept trying to duel tanks and pretty much anyone in opposing team. we tried getting her to cooperate but she wouldn't talk to us or group when we asked her too. all our fights were 4 v 5 and we won a lot of them, but it wasn't enough towards the end.

I thought I read some diamond guide that recommended leveling up Kog Q first even as ADC. People play differently with the recent patches, but it used to do a lot of poke damage and shred armor nicely against tanks.
What. Maxing Q is the worst thing if you want poke max E if you want damage max W. The armor shred is not useful unless you actually have damage.

Maybe in older patches before i started playing, but as long as i can remember his Q is pretty useless and you just dont level it til you have too.

Blizzard

Banned
What. Maxing Q is the worst thing if you want poke max E if you want damage max W. The armor shred is not useful unless you actually have damage.

Maybe in older patches before i started playing, but as long as i can remember his Q is pretty useless and you just dont level it til you have too.
Maybe I'm imagining reading it then, or it was a low-level player.

sunfire, hydra, cleaver, and tank item of choice most likely mr item.

the bolded are the must have for splitpushing with the queen

There's very little Shyv top on probuilds right now, but there seem to be two main schools. School one is Ravenous Hydra into full tank, swapping Ravenous for Titanic as soon as you get a tank item (but be warned that they might be removing the ability to swap Hydras soon so you might have to build Titanic straight up). The other seems to be BoRK into tank. This seems questionable to me in top lane -- it is a little more sensible when paired with Devourer, which is Shyv's jungle item of choice.

First armor item seems to almost always be Dead Man's Plate, boots tend to be swifties, both to help Shyv close.

There's so many options for armor.

I heard that you should just go for increasing Health cause she apparently has good natural Armor/ MR (I know that's her passive and Ult but I don't know any numbers).

Is getting one of the frost items good on her? I figured AS would be a good thing so I built a NT-Rageblade in a custom pratice game ... not sure if I wanna try that in an actual game with people though.
Never built an even remotely tanky champ before so IDK what's good armor or what for which champs.

Top Bottom