• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
Solo Queue man. You can't trust anyone but yourself.

Besides, I think those items are fine, if a bit overtuned. I do think that adcs should build these items against assassins, but at the cost of lower damage input and lack of armour pen.

I think Maw shouldn't have the armour pen. It should have something else because it seems to double up effectively as an effective defensive and offensive item with an insane passive. Lowering the damage and changing the armour pen to something else would solve the problem.
sounds like it'd turn it into a tank item which is not the intended use either

maw i supposed to be an assassin/bruiser item to counter magic burst. it needs arpen so it's used by assassins, not adcs, and it's got a shit ton of ad so tanks don't use it either. problem is that it's too cost efficient and the passive is too damn strong right now compared to the ap alternative in zhonyas

at least with zhonyas you have to manually activate it and there's some prediction game involved to it. maw and sterak are just essentially tanking through stats and that's terrible for adcs

if an adc wants to survive an assassin they should have to actively do it like with qss

but it's definitely a problem with non ie adcs (graves, quinn, kaly) abusing it so they need to be nerfed too

so yeah, for maw i'd say probably say make it 50 ad and make the passive cd 100s at the least. for sterak i think cost is a move in the right direction

a lot of this would be less of an issue if zhonyas wasn't super stupid right now

pigeon

Banned
Spitballing, but for the "stop making League dumb" contingent, what if Sterak's was an active instead of a passive? Is it too strong if you can use it at will? Does it make any difference in terms of requiring more mindspace from ADCs?

Spitballing, but for the "stop making League dumb" contingent, what if Sterak's was an active instead of a passive? Is it too strong if you can use it at will? Does it make any difference in terms of requiring more mindspace from ADCs?
The thing with making a passive an active is that it gives the item room for error. The biggest problem IMO with Maw and Steraks right now is that their shield conditions are basically the best case scenario for their use on squishy champions, making them pretty braindead items. The item will be up when you need it, Maw less than Sterak's since you can bait it to some extent but still I think safety-net styled passives are terrible design.

Make it an active and you need to actually time it, you can miss the damage and so on. It would actually be weaker.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, a big part of this is that Riot has a super open community management/dev communication setup. This is inevitably going to make them seem fragmented and confused because some people will actually be out of touch or confused. I am actually impressed at how well it's gone so far because in my experience there are a lot of people who you'd really prefer not talk too much to the players.
i like that rito's a lot more open than ppl are used to but when you're repeatedly told that the community wants chromas in the fashion they're selling them when i think i've never heard a single person buy one or say anything positive about that business model it's just not great

like i'm cool with communication, i like how phreak is always on reddit telling people they're dumbos that don't understand the game and i'm happy i've asked stuff to like meddler and some other rioters on twitter and got replied to but it doesn't really make up for the big screw ups

it's a difficult task to be good at communicating for sure but no one asked riot to be this open and if they're gonna be like that they should be more mindful of what they say

This seems like difficult? Like, if you're against Talon as Lucian or whatever, how do you avoid getting murdered? Talon's ability to gapclose on you seems very strong even if you are standing between Braum and Syndra or whatever.

It makes sense to me that ADCs should have SOMETHING to build to make it harder for them to get popped. It seems more like the problem is Sterak's and Maw are just a little too good at solving that issue and still augmenting their damage.

The sad part about Sterak's is that it's probably better for ADCs than juggernauts, so maybe that just needs some reworking.
adcs should rely on their teammates and on their positioning to keep away from assassins, not on items. if adcs don't need to be protected then they need to be weaker cos the tradeoff for their strength is not there and the game suffers for it cos it becomes less interesting

the whole game for an assassin is finding the right window to strike, and the whole game for an adc and their teammates is not giving them that window. in that gameplay pattern there's a reward for each side and there's interesting gameplay for everyone. watching turtle 1v4 with kalista is not great gameplay lol

Newt

ADCs just need an armour defensive item. Spectre's Cowl feels so good to buy but like Warden's mail is awkward as hell.

garath

This seems like difficult? Like, if you're against Talon as Lucian or whatever, how do you avoid getting murdered? Talon's ability to gapclose on you seems very strong even if you are standing between Braum and Syndra or whatever.

It makes sense to me that ADCs should have SOMETHING to build to make it harder for them to get popped. It seems more like the problem is Sterak's and Maw are just a little too good at solving that issue and still augmenting their damage.

The sad part about Sterak's is that it's probably better for ADCs than juggernauts, so maybe that just needs some reworking.

Realistically, there are options for an adc getting instagibbed. But they are weaker than the options that not only prevent the death but give damage in the process.

GA is really supposed to fill that insta death protection but it's been nerfed so many times that it's really only useful in a niche setting. Banshees is a great item. It can prevent some ability damage and rewards good positioning but doesn't defeat that ad assassin quite as well.

All in all, I agree with zkylon that an adc shouldn't have a sure fire way of defeating assassins. It should be a combo of defensive itemization, good peel, and good positioning.

That said, there are unreasonable situations. Rengar was one of those. There is no amount of peel or positioning that could stop getting instagibbed by him as an adc. Fortunately he seems to be toned down.

zkylon

zkylewd
ADCs just need an armour defensive item. Spectre's Cowl feels so good to buy but like Warden's mail is awkward as hell.
do they really?

it's not like there's a ton of ad assassins that can't be dealt with using exhaust and regular peel

like i agree it feels super awkward to build qss against zed but you know, zed is a champion that kind of has really negative effects on itemization

Newt

do they really?

it's not like there's a ton of ad assassins that can't be dealt with using exhaust and regular peel

like i agree it feels super awkward to build qss against zed but you know, zed is a champion that kind of has really negative effects on itemization
Well I mean you should be able to build something against Talon, Yasuo etc. GA used to fill this role but it's hardly a viable item anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well I mean you should be able to build something against Talon, Yasuo etc. GA used to fill this role but it's hardly a viable item anymore.

honestly they should just buff ga

i think ga is a cool item that creates interesting gameplay

Hey, wasn't somebody looking for people to play with in LAN? I think I saw the post somewhere here but I was busy so I forgot. Feel free to add me anyways, same name in League. I still play this game, kind of.

Got bored last night and got some Mystery skins and a box.

Box gave me ... Rocket Trist :/ (game seems to really want me to have Rocket Trist ...)

Skins gave me 2 not-best-Lux-Skin skins (the red and the blue skin)
Warring Kingdoms Xin (haven't even tried him yet. Though the only skin he has that I like is Secret Agent I dislike his reg enough to be Ok with this)
General Wukong (Same as Xin ..)
A snowy Cait skin (fuck Cait ...)

Learned my lesson ... no more RNG, just wait for Hex Boxes to be released and buy the ones I want when there's a deal.

Guess Imma have to learn me some Lux to make this worth something :v

Blizzard

Banned
1000G seems low given how anti-everything the item is.
I wish you could rebuy the entire thing to recharge it. That's NOT cheap, but Riot specifically blocked that.

And although it revives you from anything, you're unlikely to escape unless you still have teammates alive or you happen to be next to a big wall so you can Ezreal E or something.

I have bad luck with them on my OCE account.

On my Garena account though? Oh boy I got at least 5 legendaries probably out of 25. I barely got the crap cheapest skins.

Edwardo

Just bought three mystery skins.

Varus Swiftbolt
Infernal Mordekaiser
Master Archanist Ziggs

Hooray now I own all of Varus' skins.

Hard

Banned
One time my friend gifted me Viscero Xin Zhao. I mystery gifted him Heartseeker Ashe.

I'm still holding the L to this day.

Nekofrog

Banned
xin's got quite a few skins, but not a single one that can actually be considered good IMO

blue xin is about the only thing even remotely acceptable

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't know you COULD be granted 2 free wins. I got to my silver promotion series for the 3rd time and got 2 free wins instead of 1.

Bacon

It's a little thing but I really don't like how Grave's q and auto attacks sound with the pool party skin. Not impactful enough, I prefer mafia as well.

I'm currently looking for a Silver duo partner for ranked, playing a lot of mid/top lately but I'm pretty confident everywhere but jungle (where I really need more practice)

I'm willing to play with more than just one person.

IGN: No Fun Nunu.

Ashhong

Guess I gotta update my PBE account so I can test run skins before buying them. Really wish they let you play with the skin before purchasing.

Top Bottom