• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

TheFlow

Banned
I'm currently looking for a Silver duo partner for ranked, playing a lot of mid/top lately but I'm pretty confident everywhere but jungle (where I really need more practice)

I'm willing to play with more than just one person.

IGN: No Fun Nunu.
Will add you later

drawkcaB

xin's got quite a few skins, but not a single one that can actually be considered good IMO

blue xin is about the only thing even remotely acceptable

Blue Xin is what his base skin would look like he Xin came out in 2012. What I'm trying to say is that all his skins are quite shit.

Bacon

KogMaw is absolutely disgusting this patch I just went 11/2 without touching the q button the entire game. Now that's engaging gameplay!

Calvero

Banned
I feel bad. I d/c when my network shut down. We were losing pretty decidedly, but I still feel bad leaving them

happened again. this was worse. i was 8/0 as Graves jungle and we had complete control of the match. took a bit more than 20 minutes to get back and was surprised that they were still game. I tried to farm as much as I could to get back into the game, but it wasn't enough. My d/c hurt the team to much. Match ended at 55 minutes. The enemy says "ez." Lmao assholes.

zkylon

zkylewd
nice, synchan on sale means good things for my na acc

They should let you recharge your GA at the fountain for a fee. Like 1000 gold.
that's kind of a neat idea but i'm not sure if it wouldn't have like a nightmarish effect on the game lol

garath

Mmm. Feels good playing Lucian with a good blitz. Poor vayne and thresh just didn't know what to do. I don't think I have ever won lane so handily. Lucian is my new favorite adc by far. Every game I feel like I'm getting better with him. This probably means he's getting a nerf soon.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cbzh30JVAAA65JB.jpg:large

ippus is finally back!

HowZatOZ

Banned
Sigh, same jungler twice in a row who played Yi and wouldn't commit to lanes. Kept saying he needed to get his devourer sated which is fine, that's a priority but its also a priority to actually be the jungler and push onto lanes. Loss twice in a row thanks to him.

Talents

Banned
So who can exactly beat Anivia in lane other than assassins? I've tried Viktor, Twisted Fate, Yasuo, and now Cassiopeia. None of them I can really win lane against her. She just shits damage with a dorans ring and if you're hit once by her q in lane, bye half your health. I know I can beat her with Syndra probably but other than that I'm lost.

spooky post number.

Hard

Banned
So who can exactly beat Anivia in lane other than assassins? I've tried Viktor, Twisted Fate, Yasuo, and now Cassiopeia. None of them I can really win lane against her. She just shits damage with a dorans ring and if you're hit once by her q in lane, bye half your health. I know I can beat her with Syndra probably but other than that I'm lost.

spooky post number.

A Kassadin that can dodge Anivia's Q will win this lane no problem. Here's why:

- Reduced magic damage taken from passive
- Your Q cancels her R
- She is squishy with no escape
- You can R over her W wall
- You can keep on her easy with E
- Her egg form means nothing if her team isn't with her

Also her mobility is trash, so camp for easy ganks pre 6.

zkylon

zkylewd

spooky post number.
have u tried running cleanse against her? would help quite a bit

i think ori should be good, anyone that can keep their distance and scales well sounds good to me

HowZatOZ

Banned
Silver has too many thirsty people. They get someone down to minuscule health and that enemy gets out safe, somehow in their head they think its a great idea to secure that kill no matter what. 9/10 it ends in their death because they run right into the enemy team.

Calvero

Banned

i think ori should be good, anyone that can keep their distance and scales well sounds good to me

i should start doing this against anivia. thanks. what's the cooldown on cleanse again?

zkylon

zkylewd
i should start doing this against anivia. thanks. what's the cooldown on cleanse again?

210s

cleanse is not gonna like 100% make it an easier lane (actually at 6 she'll just r e you and you'll be screwed anyways) but u know, you can just farm up and do stuff elsewhere and not worry about getting stunned

i feel if the anivia player is any good it's really difficult to pressure her in a 1v1 so it's most on the jungler to pressure her

spooky post number.

Viktor should do fine. You shouldnt have any trouble with pre 6. You can wave clear about as well post 6.

Cass can be a skill matchup. No reason not to get Abyssal on either of them if you're having trouble.

I imagine Ori should be fine too. Zilean, assassins, etc

Anivia really isn't OP in terms of lane matchups.

Blizzard

Banned
better get that promo, no excuses now!
Third time did it. I duoed and won. To make it even better, I went Galio the game before and had most champ damage. Promotion result:

silver_promov5p9o.png

This is kind of neat since Malphite is one of my mains.

It took way too many games, like 100 to get to silver, but it shows that if I can do it, pretty much anyone can do it.

Every time I want to jungle, matchmaking is like "Nah, fam...get some top lane in."

Every time I want to go top, matchmaking is like "Nah, boss. Hit that jungle up real quick."

200.gif

just played against a Quinn mid. what an annoying champ. does not go mid though lol

yeah man, let's play some

Cool, catch me next time you're on.

If anyone has any advice for me ADCing beyond the typical stuff, I'm always happy to hear it. Stats wise, I know my CSing can be more consistent and I want it to be above 6 on average, but Bronzil doesn't really allow for a lot of consistent farming since it turns into team deathmatch at about the 5 minute mark. Having checked teammates stats for my games from I know my KDA is massively above their levels (most are around 1.5-2 range on average, so 4 isn't bad but I know I can play with even more aggression if I wanted) and my warding has improved (but could of course be better, perhaps, by warding in better places).

But I also know I have room to grow and areas of improvement, or I wouldn't be at 50% on the win-loss side of things. I have to learn to carry when the other four are constantly feeding in every lane and/or jungle, and I can't do that yet.

Damm, I was babysitting Bot lane when our mid yasuo started to get kills, now I am babysitting mid to not go kamikazi to the enemy mid tower

kenbo

spooky post number.
Have you played anivia before? I recommend trying her next time she's free to help you understand how anivia players aim her Q

Its actually really hard to land and an aware player should dodge nearly all of them

Imo, anivia is stronger against assassins because it's easier to hit your Q and you get free ult-e combos whenever they whiff engages

Poke based mages are whole lot more annoying because anivia will never hit her Q and will never be in range for ult E

Viktor should either go even or just poke her out with his E. Tf loses to everyone. Yasuo can easily dodge her Q and Cassiopeia should focus on landing Qs whenever she's in range so you get the mobility to dodge the anivia Q. Don't chase for double fang spam unless she misses her Q because double fang makes you predictable

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah assassins aren't good against anivia

just maybe zed since he has short cds and stupid mobility and auto dmg for killing the egg

lebonk vs anivia is super painful

Just played a match of Top Shyvana against Top Ekko.

It went REALLY well ... for ME ... for the first half of the match.

Asked the JG Zed nicely if I could take Raptors and he just flat out says No ... but then wants my help with a golems leash? :/
I ended up taking some exp from the small one by accident (which actually may have helped greatly cause things got spicy really fast).

Ekko didn't respect the DMG and before I knew it I was 3 levels above everyone cause I was winning lane and counter JG.
But my team didn't seem to understand the concept of split pushing (or they just sucked) so no matter how many times I got 2-3-4 members of the enemy team to come to me they never took any objectives or went in on their pointless mid lane team fights. When I was actually partaking in team fights I'd simply die cause no one on my team would take advantage of the fact that I was being focused down.

Saw the sup just standing in the top lane late game ... not doing shit for a good min. He was Yorick and I rarely saw his creeps so I'm guessing he wasn't well versed in the champ.

We lost.

(The Nami was their key to catching me so my Split pushing became reckless kamikazes after they figured that out)

EDIT- Now that I think about it, it kinda makes sense. Our Mid was Karma, ADC was Jhin, Sup Yorick and Zed JG ... I think I may have had the most pushing power on our team. Not sure how bursty Karma, Jhin and Yorick are or how fast they can even take objectives. It seems that ... yup, I was the one credited with taking all but 2 of their towers (we and Yorick worked on 1 together but I think he only took one by himself . They only had bot inhib and the Nexus 2 left)
Same for inhibs, I was the only one taking their inhibs :/

Newt

Just played a match of Top Shyvana against Top Ekko.

It went REALLY well ... for ME ... for the first half of the match.

Asked the JG Zed nicely if I could take Raptors and he just flat out says No ... but then wants my help with a golems leash? :/
I ended up taking some exp from the small one by accident (which actually may have helped greatly cause things got spicy really fast).

Ekko didn't respect the DMG and before I knew it I was 3 levels above everyone cause I was winning lane and counter JG.
But my team didn't seem to understand the concept of split pushing (or they just sucked) so no matter how many times I got 2-3-4 members of the enemy team to come to me they never took any objectives or went in on their pointless mid lane team fights. When I was actually partaking in team fights I'd simply die cause no one on my team would take advantage of the fact that I was being focused down.

Saw the sup just standing in the top lane late game ... not doing shit for a good min. He was Yorick and I rarely saw his creeps so I'm guessing he wasn't well versed in the champ.

We lost.

(The Nami was their key to catching me so my Split pushing became reckless kamikazes after they figured that out)
This is a common bronze mentality.

Looking over it I coulda been a MUCH better tank.

All but 2 members of the enemy team were doing magic dmg but I was so focused on following my test build that I forgot to check what they were building ... so I had no MR tank items. :v

Sucks cause with Diana I always check before I start my def item. Guess being new to her tossed me for a loop.

Lesson for tonight I guess ... will remember to do that next time.

garath

Looking over it I coulda been a MUCH better tank.

All but 2 members of the enemy team were doing magic dmg but I was so focused on following my test build that I forgot to check what they were building ... so I had no MR tank items. :v

Sucks cause with Diana I always check before I start my def item. Guess being new to her tossed me for a loop.

Lesson for tonight I guess ... will remember to do that next time.

Its good that you are thinking of ways that you could have changed what you were doing to win that game instead of just focusing on the team. That will help you get better.

In this case it kind of sounds like you took a very strong lead and gave it up by trying to force a split push when your team wasn't utilizing it well. What might have won the game for you would have been taking your advantage and grouping with the team to win teamfights. Often the most fed person can influence the team direction by grouping whereas if you are off splitting your team is much weaker without you and will lose 4vX.

Worse it sounds like you were getting picked off by 2-4 people often. Don't split unless you have good vision. You should be able to see 4 people coming for you and casually walk away. Dying for your team to get another objective really isn't good split pushing. If many people are missing and you don't have the vision to protect yourself, then regroup with the team.

Talents

Banned
yeah assassins aren't good against anivia

just maybe zed since he has short cds and stupid mobility and auto dmg for killing the egg

lebonk vs anivia is super painful

Have you played anivia before? I recommend trying her next time she's free to help you understand how anivia players aim her Q

Its actually really hard to land and an aware player should dodge nearly all of them

Imo, anivia is stronger against assassins because it's easier to hit your Q and you get free ult-e combos whenever they whiff engages

Poke based mages are whole lot more annoying because anivia will never hit her Q and will never be in range for ult E

Viktor should either go even or just poke her out with his E. Tf loses to everyone. Yasuo can easily dodge her Q and Cassiopeia should focus on landing Qs whenever she's in range so you get the mobility to dodge the anivia Q. Don't chase for double fang spam unless she misses her Q because double fang makes you predictable

Viktor should do fine. You shouldnt have any trouble with pre 6. You can wave clear about as well post 6.

Cass can be a skill matchup. No reason not to get Abyssal on either of them if you're having trouble.

I imagine Ori should be fine too. Zilean, assassins, etc

Anivia really isn't OP in terms of lane matchups.

Dunno. I can beat any mid laner, but as soon as I go against Anivia I just tilt. Especially when going against equal players of diamond level.

I'm terrified of Anivia players because from my experience pretty much the only people that play that champion are people that are actually good at her. It's never some scrublord that runs out of mana in two seconds and can't last hit for shit, no no no no it's always some sick fuck that is able to turn walls into basically a root

TheFlow

Banned
I'm terrified of Anivia players because from my experience pretty much the only people that play that champion are people that are actually good at her. It's never some scrublord that runs out of mana in two seconds and can't last hit for shit, no no no no it's always some sick fuck that is able to turn walls into basically a root
Pretty much if she someone pick her you better play like you are challenger

Oh boy. I'm in champ select on support, but my botlane just picked Jinx into Olaf, Talon, and Tryndamere. Am I already dead?

This game went a lot better than expected. Our team picked Malphite & Mundo on the last rotation. We lost the early game hard, but we didn't hemorrhage objectives too badly. We lost all of our non-base towers and one inhibitor, but someone on the team made a super smart baron call and we got a bunch of pick offs after the enemy got really sloppy. Also, a full armor malphite vs an all AD team just works at some point. I think it's been a while since I've thought 'we have this late game' and it actually mattered.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
for not building one offensive item, shen's damage output is pretty gross.
Statistically the lowest overall damage output of all top laners by a fair margin. His damaging abilities scale with HP, both his own and the enemies, and with Titanic Hydra and Grasp of the Undying you can see damage come out, but I don't really find it to be an unreasonable amount that differs from other top laners in the game. Shen is also heavily gated by energy regeneration if he is out of melee range. What part of him do you find particularly frustrating?

Yep. If you saw my op.gg stats, there is a game where I died 11 times (unusually high for me). Rengar, every time, jumping me and the other team piling on while my teammates stood and watched me get blown up like idiots. And they wondered why we could do nothing in team fights.

Bronze players get tunnel vision constantly. They chase constantly when a disengage is the better call to push an objective. They obsess and play aggressive when a moment of passive play to lure the enemy in is needed.

They focus on the here and now and don't see the chess pieces moving around the map. I've learned to be observant as a result and have kind of developed a sense of when I know something isn't right.

Top Bottom