• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
oh they nerfed her

that makes sense

sheesh. she has a high skill cap, it's ok for her to be hard to play as.(before the nerfs that destroyed her)

fucking riot
they don't seem like they want to reduce her skill cap

just probably make her w less lame and her passive less lame

pigeon

Banned
why are they changing cassi

she's fine

like wat

fuck off riot

I think she's pretty woeful, really. She was kind of specifically targeted to make a sustained damage mage, like an ADC that can't kill towers, except she works really really hard for it compared to other sustained damage dealers and she gets completely shut down if you ever E a non-poisoned target.

I like the idea of an AP mage bot-lane carry, and they should, like, put one in the game now that we're freeing ourselves from the shackles of marksman/supp duo bot patriarchy, but Cassie was never very good at the job.

I think it is actually pretty insightful to note that Cassie likes to throw poisons around, but not to hurt you, just to buff herself, and that that's really weird. So I like the idea of her poisons becoming more relevant. Although I actually really liked the lengthy hanging out and irritating people aspect of Miasma.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Pantheon is pretty strong this patch.

Hard

Banned
Pantheon will be the ultimate early game champ who can't win early game anymore once the nerfs hit. Power creep in this game is truly ridiculous.

reminds me of a certain someone.

kenbo

You're good bro, you don't need to mystery skin me if you really don't want to.
Dont be a bigger man
Yay freedom!
Coward
Pantheon will be the ultimate early game champ who can't win early game anymore once the nerfs hit. Power creep in this game is truly ridiculous.

reminds me of a certain someone.
Renekton?

Also - have real art
fyvtY1Gh.jpg

actually got my first sub-20 minute Muramana tonight. first that I can ever recall anyway. I admit i felt pretty fuckin OP. Usually don't finish it until like 24-27 minutes. 3.5-minute tear helps.

zkylon

zkylewd
i like his w, it might need some tweaks but i think it's the general mix of his basic abilities that is problematic, and out of the three i think w is the only one that's got some interesting gameplay to it thanks to how it works with his passive

kenbo

actually got my first sub-20 minute Muramana tonight. first that I can ever recall anyway. I admit i felt pretty fuckin OP. Usually don't finish it until like 24-27 minutes. 3.5-minute tear helps.
Yeah they made it stack a little faster

Hence the nerf on muramana where you can't control it

zer0das

Banned
I dunno where this meme of "Renekton falls off" comes from. It's just that he doesn't bring as much utility to the team currently as other top laners.

It's not a meme. Even at the height of his power, he still fell off if the game dragged out because he tended to need to be an item or two ahead to have a big impact. Anymore, with all the high damage stuff out there (read: ADCs) being a walking stun/AOE late game doesn't do enough. Last season I was racking up 100-150 CS leads and still losing as Renekton, in games I would consider fairly in my favor. It's probably swung a bit back since then since games can end earlier much more easily now, but I imagine multiple ADCs screws with him almost as badly. I mean what's the point of playing Renekton when a Graves can actually do a ton of damage from a distance and get 200/200 in resists for free if a fight drags out?

cassi rework direction thingie: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...uM-mid-year-mage-updates-cassiopeia-direction

they mostly want to make her less about twin fangs and even that out with her q and w, differentiate q and w more, and replace the passive for something less dumb

sounds good, i honestly liked cassi a lot better before her rework

i'd like if they changed they type of skillshot in w, q feels good to use, but w is just boring

Don't like. I want Cass to be an AP ADC. Brand can be the DoT mage.

zkylon

zkylewd
most adcs have something other than autos and also the way cassi works is really punishing and annoying imo

tho idk, i never quite liked cassi

Just lost 2 games.

First was because after bot and top got btfo everyone grouped mid on me annnnnd the Zyra Sup decided to split push alone.

2nd cause the JG decided to go JG ... Kog. And didn't bring Smite ... so he tried to double top. Gotta pay attention to champ select and dodge that shit.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
His teamfight issues definitely still exist. But if he finds an opening now, he is much more likely to burst the squishy target in a shorter duration than he was before.

He still has uses, but around 30 or so minutes you're really wishing you had another toplaner in place of Renekton.
I don't really see the damage. In the past items set up bigger damage spikes for him, and he's tracking way behind other champions when it comes to dangerous top laner burst.

AD Jungle Azir garbage in my game because he thought he was mid. Our Fizz offered to jungle but he was like naaahh.

If anyone wants to spectate, it's "gg easy" on OCE.

Tizoc

MfPOTWS.jpg

http://matchhistory.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUN1/1356500126/205390904?tab=stats

Yo dis match
We started off rather bad what with jungler feeding lee sin
Top poppy however was dominating and helped us make a comeback
Enemy lulu actually went to build seraph mana stick thing which really didnt help her when i would 1v1 her eith ease
Altho i would waste my ult :v
With a little persistence our gragas made good comebacks and timing my abilities inwould get kills and assits before we won the game :3

Nev

Banned
Lux is one of the biggest cancers this game has. I wished they would remove that pile of vomit from the game forever from the moment she was released.

You are absolutely dreadful 0/3 in lane and underfarmed? Don't worry, get to mid-late game, get guaranteed kills from hyper safety and snowball the hell out of it with your 30sec half-hp melting ults and your Morgana bind for three people. Because making the safest mage in the game able to pick people and oneshot them for the whole game along with completely destroying teamfights if she hits one person with her instant, long range burst is totally logical and makes a lot of sense for whoever brainless "balancer" decided it was fine.

But she might be weak in lane right? Nevermind, you can't dodge her spells because their hitbox and range are incredibly bullshitty and she has a passive that combined with thunderlord will take half your hp whenever you try to trade her, if you can get somewhat close to her behind all of her abominable safe spells.

Good thing people are starting to realize how much of a pos she is, can't wait for her to be permabanned until she's nerfed into oblivion. Absolutely disgusting champ from every possible point of view.

TheFlow

Banned
Lux is one of the biggest cancers this game has. I wished they would remove that pile of vomit from the game forever from the moment she was released.

You are absolutely dreadful 0/3 in lane and underfarmed? Don't worry, get to mid-late game, get guaranteed kills from hyper safety and snowball the hell out of it with your 40sec half-hp ults and your Morgana bind for three people. Because making the safest mage in the game able to pick people and oneshot them for the whole game along with completely destroying teamfights if she hits one person with her instant, long range burst is totally logical and makes a lot of sense for whoever brainless "balancer" decided it was fine.

But she might be weak in lane right? Nevermind, you can't dodge her spells because their hitbox and range are incredibly bullshitty and she has a passive that combined with thunderlord will take half your hp whenever you try to trade her, if you can get somewhat close to her behind all of her abominable safe spells.

Good thing people are starting to realize how much of a pos she is, can't wait for her to be permabanned until she's nerfed into oblivion. Absolutely disgusting champ from every possible point of view.

you what is nasty playigng aginast a morg and lux at the same time. have you ever been double binded before? basically a free kill

Nev

Banned
you what is nasty playigng aginast a morg and lux at the same time. have you ever been double binded before? basically a free kill

Just one bind tends to mean a free kill from any of them. At least Morgana has to rely on her team to pick the kill, the proyectile is slower, bigger and can only hit one person, while Lux not only can oneshot whoever gets into her bullshit hitbox that binds you even if it doesn't hit you, she also can pick more than one person.

Why pick an assassin champion when you can assassinate people more effectively and without putting yourself in any kind of danger? The whole kit of this champion is repulsive, toxic and inherently unbalanced. Better increase other champs ults CDs while leaving Lux using two ults in the same teamfight, because an instant megaburst from halfway across the map is perfectly fine with 30 seconds CD. Not to mention she can also completely deny siege.

TheFlow

Banned
Just one bind tends to mean a free kill from any of them. At least Morgana has to rely on her team to pick the kill, the proyectile is slower, bigger and can only hit one person, while Lux not only can oneshot whoever gets into her bullshit hitbox that binds you even if it doesn't hit you, she also can pick more than one person.

Why pick an assassin champion when you can assassinate people more effectively and without putting yourself in any kind of danger? The whole kit of this champion is repulsive, toxic and inherently unbalanced. Better increase other champs ults CDs while leaving Lux using two ults in the same teamfight, because an instant megaburst from halfway across the map is perfectly fine with 30 seconds CD. Not to mention she can also completely deny siege.

ban her every game then or start playing her.

Edwardo

I want more midlaners to play, so I bought the rest of the 3150s I didn't own, Lux, Anivia, and Karthus.

I was planning on having Lux be the last champ I buy, but u kno some things just don't work out the way you want.

Newt

Finally someone understands.

We had this comp the other day against us.

It didn't work too well because I don't think they were chaining it right and we punished them for it every time.

So, quick question on ADC builds, but is the new path generally IE-Boots-Zeal Item 1-Zeal Item 2-Life Steal Item-LDR? I've seen some recommendations on that, especially for Tristana and Caitlyn.

Also with the Iceborn Gauntlet and Muramana changes, is there a stronger, different build path for Ezreal ADC now?

Newt

So, quick question on ADC builds, but is the new path generally IE-Boots-Zeal Item 1-Zeal Item 2-Life Steal Item-LDR? I've seen some recommendations on that, especially for Tristana and Caitlyn.

Also with the Iceborn Gauntlet and Muramana changes, is there a stronger, different build path for Ezreal ADC now?
Most ADCs build ER over IE. But yeah, Trist and Cait build IE.

Don't go for the same items every game, but your core should always be like IE -> Shiv.

You can build Ez the same way as blue build and swap Gauntlet for Triforce. Even when Gauntlet was strong this build did more damage.

Top Bottom