• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT11| going

zkylon

zkylewd
Leblanc_Splash_5.jpg

Neol

That's a goddamn gorgeous splash art.

Honestly could stand on being a whole new champion concept rather then a skin.

Personally I feel like Lux isn't the problem ... I feel like it's the reverse. As in, Lux is just the most fun and successful "immobile mage" from a character/ design perspective (which makes her more played and favored than others) and that other immobile mages need buffs/ reworks to bring them up to par.

I can't do shit with Lux. I constantly come out with peanuts for dmg on her, can barely wave clear and over all it's a mystery to me how people rack up the most DPS with her in games. I probably have far more dmg with Xerath and overall do far better in lane with him. Same with Annie. But even with all that I can tell that Lux is a way more fun champion to play. You can do cool stuff and it's not really forced to be in any predicable order and there's a feeling of freedom in that. It's part of why I'm trying to get more champs in my pocket that I'm good with than Diana. I really like her but I struggle with freedom with her.

I feel like they should focus on making more interesting mage champs and taking the ones they do have and making them more fun to play instead of nerfing the most successful one.

drawkcaB

Sejuani and Nautilus changes look very nice.

Nautilus' E is now capped at ~260 damage which puts it line with other AoE damage spells in the game. Hits all his roles evenly. Next place to look is reducing power in his passive or increased early level CD of his hook, but the effectiveness of those nerfs depends on what position they want to hit.

Sejuani needed a touch up to her early game, particularly her level >5 to help her clear camps more reliably and increasing the low end of E damage should help quite a bit. I personally would have preferred giving her more base AD and reducing her AD/level scaling, but this should help

zer0das

Banned
Personally I feel like Lux isn't the problem ... I feel like it's the reverse. As in, Lux is just the most fun and successful "immobile mage" from a character/ design perspective (which makes her more played and favored than others) and that other immobile mages need buffs/ reworks to bring them up to par.

I can't do shit with Lux. I constantly come out with peanuts for dmg on her, can barely wave clear and over all it's a mystery to me how people rack up the most DPS with her in games. I probably have far more dmg with Xerath and overall do far better in lane with him. Same with Annie. But even with all that I can tell that Lux is a way more fun champion to play. You can do cool stuff and it's not really forced to be in any predicable order and there's a feeling of freedom in that. It's part of why I'm trying to get more champs in my pocket that I'm good with than Diana. I really like her but I struggle with freedom with her.

I feel like they should focus on making more interesting mage champs and taking the ones they do have and making them more fun to play instead of nerfing the most successful one.

Pick one: Xerath, Ziggs, Lux. Depending on how Riot feels, one of them is usually blatantly better than the other two. Lux has received so many small buffs for a long time, they started stacking up.

Doing damage as Lux isn't difficult. Throw your E out to slow or damage them, land q, burst them if they're a squishy. Most of the people who I see that can't play Lux have no grasp of when they're going to hit a q, but they'll blindly throw an E afterwards anyways and miss both. Which is so mana inefficient it blows my mind, and they do it constantly, even before they have any items. Early on you just abuse her shield and the illumination damage with autos.

The hard part is not dying to assassins/the enemy jungler repeatedly because you're so squishy.

zkylon

zkylewd

that's just not a good understanding of the situation tho

she's got a crazy winrate for a crazy playrate and she has way too many benefits for the few risks she has to make

that being said, her kit isn't terrible, she's just overtuned and very meta aligned. her numbers for some stuff needs to go down to open windows for ppl to counter her. for ex. a lot of ppl say higher ult cd, which would be fair. and she's meta aligned cos some of her counters are weak right now (azir/lebonk) and cos thunderlords was a massive buff to her (relative to other champions at least)

so yeah, just nerf her, don't need to drastically change her kit or destroy her or whatever

also look into other mages cos it's true that a lot of mages are super lame

Hard

Banned

star

guardian

pantheon

hype

Dat Jhin ult change tho.

S/O to my boy Calvero tho.

The extra slow on the W is unnecessary. I believe the point of the traps are for the Jhin player to use his W in conjunction with the traps. The point should be that, unchanged, a player should barely be able to walk out of the trap without receiving damage. The Jhin has to hit the W since it combines the root with the trap damage for a combo. The increased slow on the traps combined with the 99% slow on the R is starting to toe the line between reasonable and oppressive. He already has a high win-rate, why buff him more, when other champs need the love instead?

Nekofrog

Banned
How would you suggest that could change? Meeps are already visible.

That's the issue. You have to have an underlying understanding of the champion beyond the basic understanding of "his QWER does this". The passive delves way too deep in its incremental bonuses to manage the info contained within it in a fast paced game like League (lol NA LCS fast paced, I know shut up)

Leezard

Wait what kass was ad before?

He was originally intended to be built ad, and his W had mana burn similar to anti-mage. He had good AP ratios and people quickly learned that he became really strong by building him AP and the rest is history; the AP build became so popular that his identity became the AP build.

That's the issue. You have to have an underlying understanding of the champion beyond the basic understanding of "his QWER does this". The passive delves way too deep in its incremental bonuses to manage the info contained within it in a fast paced game like League (lol NA LCS fast paced, I know shut up)

I can see why you see it that way. I don't think I agree, since I have never been surprised by the damage from Bard.

pigeon

Banned
I kind of like the idea of an announcer that is just snide and dismissive of everything you do.

"Oh, wow, you got a penta kill. That probably reflects on your opponents more than you."
"Everybody you know is dead again."
"You know that inhibitor you destroyed? Fuck you."

Hard

Banned
I kind of like the idea of an announcer that is just snide and dismissive of everything you do.

"Oh, wow, you got a penta kill. That probably reflects on your opponents more than you."
"Everybody you know is dead again."
"You know that inhibitor you destroyed? Fuck you."

I recommend the GLADOS announcer pack.

Nekofrog

Banned
I can see why you see it that way. I don't think I agree, since I have never been surprised by the damage from Bard.

If I find myself saying "what the heck is that DAMAGE?!" about a champion, I usually could have just pressed TAB and looked at the items/summoners and have nobody to blame but myself.

If I had to actually click the champion and see what the heck tier this guy's passive is on to get a better understanding of it in game, that's not right. Maybe I'm missing something, maybe there's an easier way and I'm just dumb as hell.

TheFlow

Banned
Wooh sej early game buff and gnar base damage increase in both forms.

Jihn being buffed is eh. His E needs no slow increase but the R is fair enough since people can easily juke or tank it now

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dumpster Twitch/Soraka lane like it's nothing. Only have to team feed Twtich back kills so he can just start demolishing the back line.

FeelsBadMan.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder if jhin really needs more buffs, the ones he's getting don't seem too crazy but he's at 50% winrate and he's really popular right now

like, i would wait until dust settles a bit more before buffing him further, i hear he still has a few ult bugs and whatnot to fix in the meantime

garath

I should have stuck with my "take a night off" plan.

I have a feeling Vayne was a smurf. She was harassing perfectly and super aggro. Most of their team was playing like they were gods among men and trash talking like crazy in all chat.

Yay for dynamic queues.

6WtmAyE.png

And I wish people would stop playing Shyvana jungle against such an easily gankable team. Varus and the Vayne lane would have been so so easy to gank. She was last pick too.

faridmon

Lux is a mid game/late game carry and highly dependent on items, but man, does her dmg sting once she gets her combo right.

A good Lux player can bullshit through a game by just playing rubbish first 10 mins or so and just snowball over the control.

jerd

New season 6 has made it possible to play adc in every lane

Top trist is a scary thing

I have a really hard time believing anyone with a vague idea of what they are doing on naut, poppy, fiora, Quinn, graves, pantheon, shen, or basically any meta top laner doesn't destroy a Tristana

TheFlow

Banned
I have a really hard time believing anyone with a vague idea of what they are doing on naut, poppy, fiora, Quinn, graves, pantheon, shen, or basically any meta top laner doesn't destroy a Tristana
Safe farm, if minions are pushed use E. About to get rekted? W then r or R then w. Enemy top laner back. Fast minion clear and extreme damage on turret.

You will have to have some gap closers and skill to get in close and rekt. Or some range skills

Question about bans, my default bans in bronze are Jax, Mundo and Darius.

So far Kog is out of the ban picks but I am not sure if Xin is still a danger alonside with Udyr

Top Bottom